Rounders & Chesterfield............. (4 Viewers)

How come it looks like there is no '$' symbol on those chips?

There is, it’s over the top of the left corner of the ‘diamond’ just like the jockey mock-up I did above.

tenor (1).gif

I suggest that anyone else who mentions Roman in this thread pays a fine to charity :)

well, I’m about to make my annual donation to my favorite charity today, so I’m going to take advantage of that:

“These would look great on the Roman mold.” :whistle: :whistling:

Seriously, both look great. I’d lean toward non-denom, but both are awesome.

The 'Roman Mold Resurrection Fund'? ;)
No clue what a mold costs, but I'd crowd fund a new Roman Mold... CPC could potentially offer a discount or some incentive to backers who then actually order a full set on the new mold :D

No clue what a mold costs, but I'd crowd fund a new Roman Mold... CPC could potentially offer a discount or some incentive to backers who then actually order a full set on the new mold :D

Read all the posts on the subject. Right now there is no way to get a mold made, even if you had the money.

To add to that....
We run at 100% capacity so just because we had a new mold it would not increase our sales at all. But we'd be expected to give a discount or incentive so we'd end up losing money.
Look at the history of crowd funded company projects. Either a company grows so big it gets external investment and goes public, or it goes bankrupt.
Only way it would work is if it was donations. You are talking about probably $75,000-$100,000 for something with no guarantee of working.
Someone else gambled on having 2 molds made for use at Blue Chip Co years ago and they failed. Odds are not in your favour.

To add to that....
We run at 100% capacity so just because we had a new mold it would not increase our sales at all. But we'd be expected to give a discount or incentive so we'd end up losing money.
Look at the history of crowd funded company projects. Either a company grows so big it gets external investment and goes public, or it goes bankrupt.
Only way it would work is if it was donations. You are talking about probably $75,000-$100,000 for something with no guarantee of working.
Someone else gambled on having 2 molds made for use at Blue Chip Co years ago and they failed. Odds are not in your favour.

So what you're saying is we need a second press to double capacity and a good new salesperson to fill that new capacity up?... :D ;)

In all seriousness, thanks for the insight. We'll all just have to keep dreaming of a roman mold then. In any case, I'm watching this thread with interest now. Regarding the Chesterfield set, I also lean towards keeping it a no mold with no denoms, but I'll wait for the final options. Thanks for doing this!

Can only be used if we modify the art.

Guess I'm abit challenged to understand this... you're modifying the art anyway, but the label size between the smooth plain and textured are the same... For me, textured plain >> smooth plain.

So would rotating the green diamond in the back to a square be sufficient?

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but anything other than the plain mold here would be a no-go for me.

Well, go as they were. You wanted replicas so they should be as close to original as possible. Not like a Rounders chips. Who knows difference between movie chips and CPC REPLICAS?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom