Round 2 - 3.5" x 5.75" Mixed Game Plaques on Plastic Card Stock Group Buy (1 Viewer)

I would be in for a set of these. I missed out on the first order.

I believe the rationale is that the game is more balanced when the Low's scoop potential in the game is offset by having the final card dealt up (i.e., it appropriately weakens the value of chasing a potential scooping Low-only hand vs. playing a non-scoopable High-only hand). @pltrgyst might be able to chime in with how BARGE plays it, and potentially the reason why. I'm more than happy with my edited set, and just brought it up to help as the question came up at SASC.
Also when you get to chuck a card AND pick your up card, the game plays much bigger, especially as a big bet game so having 7th up slows the action and provides more balance.

In for 3 more sets please

if we get there I would also like 5 tuck boxes

thanks for doing it this time

I will probably be in for 3 sets- the more complete the card deck, the better!

Following with interest. I skipped the first buy, because my group took to Omaha with some resistance. I doubt that Tahoe Pitch and Roll will ever occur. For the Pineapple variants, it could see some use, so my 3-deck decision will be dependent on how complete the set is.

Following with interest. I skipped the first buy, because my group took to Omaha with some resistance. I doubt that Tahoe Pitch and Roll will ever occur. For the Pineapple variants, it could see some use, so my 3-deck decision will be dependent on how complete the set is.
My group still has people who vigorously resist Omaha. But I still purchased the first card deck because I wanted to see what was out there. I guarantee we won't play the majority of these games, but my hope is that if we start with low enough stakes, that we can rotate the circus games into play every now and then. But it will definitely be a process to get my group from plain ol' THE.

My group still has people who vigorously resist Omaha. But I still purchased the first card deck because I wanted to see what was out there. I guarantee we won't play the majority of these games, but my hope is that if we start with low enough stakes, that we can rotate the circus games into play every now and then. But it will definitely be a process to get my group from plain ol' THE.

I have found that playing limit for circus games is an easier way to introduce new games. Players get turned off to a game when they lose their whole stack in a single hand to a game they don’t understand. While they may lose several bets in limit, they aren’t going broke in one hand.

I have found that playing limit for circus games is an easier way to introduce new games. Players get turned off to a game when they lose their whole stack in a single hand to a game they don’t understand. While they may lose several bets in limit, they aren’t going broke in one hand.
I was apprehensive about circus games until I played them the first time, limit, micro stakes, and like was half still confused and half had a lot of fun. Would def do it again.

I was apprehensive about circus games until I played them the first time, limit, micro stakes, and like was half still confused and half had a lot of fun. Would def do it again.
Ha. First time I played them was playing pot limit at a meetup, with guys like @guinness and @MatB, whose vocabularies were suddenly stricken to a single word - pot. I was horrified and fascinated. But it was a quarters game and I had a little luck, so all’s well that ends well.

i am interested in a couple sets of these if it is still possible/happening (have not read through the whole thread).

interested in a set if add on games are there, or if you also have a box that is available

I had forgotten all about this and was just thinking about it the other day. I know that GB’s can be a lot of work to pull together.

I think that these are awesome and I would still be in for 2 sets if it happens! - Following

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom