Round 2 - 3.5" x 5.75" Mixed Game Plaques on Plastic Card Stock Group Buy (1 Viewer)

I'm interested but $60 a deck to get them to Canada was brutal. If there's a way to drop ship the Canadian orders in one group from the manufacturer to a Canadian re-shipper that might help.

I agree Tim... I am waiting to receive the set still but the cost incurred for Canadian buyers was a bit high.... Not sure the Canadian interest, but I may be willing to help out as a reshipper for Canadians (although I have never run a GB or reshipped before...)

@power13 did a fantastic job with this.... seeing all the interest in this thread is a testament to his hard work as well as @abby99 work with the mixed game pdf

I agree Tim... I am waiting to receive the set still but the cost incurred for Canadian buyers was a bit high.... Not sure the Canadian interest, but I may be willing to help out as a reshipper for Canadians (although I have never run a GB or reshipped before...)

@power13 did a fantastic job with this.... seeing all the interest in this thread is a testament to his hard work as well as @abby99 work with the mixed game pdf
FWIW Canadian shipping was lower than anticipated and so the Canadian buyers got rebates such that the end price ended up being more like $35. The whole cross-border shipping process and expense is ridiculous though for sure!

I recommend a change to the TPR card for this round, based on confusion/feedback from some players at SASC. Turn the pitch+roll instruction box into a vertical dashed card representation of the first up card. A small arrow might help further clarify the origin of the first up card. I also recommended changing the last card’s color to white to be dealt up. In TPR, dealing the last card up makes for a better balanced game by lessening the power of the low due to straight scoops. Just my $0.02, thanks for running this second round!

F3CB0BB7-1A22-4679-AAAB-1AC00F7B4F68.jpeg

I recommend a change to the TPR card for this round, based on confusion/feedback from some players at SASC. Turn the pitch+roll instruction box into a vertical dashed card representation of the first up card. A small arrow might help further clarify the origin of the first up card. I also recommended changing the last card’s color to white to be dealt up. In TPR, dealing the last card up makes for a better balanced game by lessening the power of the low due to straight scoops. Just my $0.02, thanks for running this second round!

View attachment 709645
I think we played this both with the last card down and the last card up at times, so would be helpful for the clarity.

View attachment 709645
Isn’t that the point? Aren’t you supposed to disguise your hand? If you whiff on the last card you can’t run the bluff if it’s face up, makes it harder to rep a hand if that last card is up. I’d have to play to confirm. No other stud game is played that way to my knowledge.

Isn’t that the point? Aren’t you supposed to disguise your hand? If you whiff on the last card you can’t run the bluff if it’s face up, makes it harder to rep a hand if that last card is up. I’d have to play to confirm. No other stud game is played that way to my knowledge.
we played it both ways this weekend. I liked having the last card down MUCH better. You can disguise your hand much better that way. I don't think you should ever have 5 exposed cards in any poker game in which 5 must be used.

View attachment 709645

Agreed. We should stick to the original design as created by abby99... These have been perfected over years!

1622573201928.png

The game can certainly be played both ways. As Darson has posted, the original @abby99 cards have the last card up in TPR, which is how I learned the game. Marsha's cards have separate images for the discard card and the door card, which I think was where the player's questions originated (i.e., as the last set only has one card image instruction).

I believe the rationale is that the game is more balanced when the Low's scoop potential in the game is offset by having the final card dealt up (i.e., it appropriately weakens the value of chasing a potential scooping Low-only hand vs. playing a non-scoopable High-only hand). @pltrgyst might be able to chime in with how BARGE plays it, and potentially the reason why. I'm more than happy with my edited set, and just brought it up to help as the question came up at SASC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom