Resume's (3 Viewers)

When I was in management positions, I was inundated with paper resumes and didn't have the time to read all of them in detail. On the first pass, I'd reject resumes with deal breakers such as the absence of a required cover letter, inconsistent or unclear formatting, and as mentioned above, errors in grammar and/or spelling.

A resume is where we represent ourselves in the best light possible. I learned that there are a lot of dim bulbs out there.

Good luck, Bill. As a current employee, you already have a leg up. (y) :thumbsup:

Use whichever form you like—Word might even have a standard macro form available.
Generally agree for most professions, however I would also recommend submitting a text copy of your resume as well as .docx or .pdf. Many companies prefer the text copy for easier automated processes on their part.

Regardless, the form is far less important than the substance; make absolutely sure you have no mispellings or error’s in punctuation nor grammar.
Gospel truth.

When I was in management positions, I was inundated with paper resumes and didn't have the time to read all of them in detail. On the first pass, I'd reject resumes with deal breakers such as the absence of a required cover letter, inconsistent or unclear formatting, and as mentioned above, errors in grammar and/or spelling.

A resume is where we represent ourselves in the best light possible. I learned that there are a lot of dim bulbs out there.

Good luck, Bill. As a current employee, you already have a leg up. (y) :thumbsup:

I've worked on a handful of resumes over the years, and some people clearly do not get it. Even documents that are put out by paid resume services often look like total shit, in form and substance.

Professional documents are one of those areas where it really pays to put in the extra effort, and if necessary, the extra money for someone else's effort. All it takes is one successful application to pay you back manifold.

As time has permitted today I've been working on the cover letter and resume. Holy crap. This is exhausting lol. I probably shouldn't have waited 30 years to update it.

Headed to NY for the weekend. Sis n Laws surprise birthday party. You know what my goal is :)
Threesome?
63934436-61C5-446A-97FC-EF840E827653.jpeg

As time has permitted today I've been working on the cover letter and resume. Holy crap. This is exhausting lol. I probably shouldn't have waited 30 years to update it.
I would also put very sparse info for anything more than 10 years ago. Just company, title, and one bullet outlining duties. Keep the focus more on the recent stuff

Good luck at your interview! I’m about to head out for a job interview in a few minutes and stumbled on this post. I’m super motivated now :) I’m touched and humbled that you would share something so personal.

Any timetable on hiring?

Congrats on the interview. Try to be yourself.

Nothing has been said. I plan on asking that at the interview.

The last time I interviewed I was pretty nervous. I was also a kid. I was interviewing to feed my family, pay for rent, ect.....This is different. I'm almost looking at it like a no lose proposition for me. Worse case scenario I stay in my current position which I really enjoy. I do think it would be fun to do something different.

The interviews where I was hired were almost nothing about me and everything about the job. One, all we did was talk about football.

Better brush up on your Lions!

Seriously, find out as much as you can about the person you are interviewing with (check LinkedIn, and any internal website, but also social media sites). You may be able to work that in, but even if not, knowing your interviewer will put you at ease.

The interviews where I was hired were almost nothing about me and everything about the job. One, all we did was talk about football.

Better brush up on your Lions!

Seriously, find out as much as you can about the person you are interviewing with (check LinkedIn, and any internal website, but also social media sites). You may be able to work that in, but even if not, knowing your interviewer will put you at ease.

Great advice. I've already done that :)

I just watched some youtube videos and then googled images of resumes and put together a nice one..I'd suggest going with a cover letter

I had the interview yesterday. I feel like it went well. I also feel like it could have gone better. They said they would like to make a decision by the end of the week. Pending department approval they would like to start this program middle of JAN.

Glad to hear it went well (and trust me, try not to beat yourself up over every little thing that could have gone better ;)). Best of luck, Bill.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom