Re printing poker chips (1 Viewer)

JThomas7

Waiting List
Reaction score
My name is Jeremy. I've spent most of my adult life managing poker rooms. When rooms started closing all around me I gave up the poker business and started other ventures. About 6 months ago I was approached by some guys much wealthier than myself about running a private game for them. I've gone all out building what I call the nicest home game on the planet. One night a week has turned in to 2, and now I'm in Texas doing legwork on opening my own place.

I started out with low end acrylic chips with home printed vinyl inserts on holographic paper. They were adequate but the truth is someone could easily reproduce my chip and sneak them in.

Today I purchased a LARGE quantity of extremely nice chip co chips from a closed social club in South Texas. These are quite the upgrade and will be a nice addition to our private game. I got what I feel is an amazing deal on them and would like to re use them when we open our public club. Obviously I can't prove how many of these chips could be floating around Texas that might show up if I re used them as is. They are directly printed on "clay" style chips. I'm wondering if anyone has mass refinished chips? Maybe print a darker design over the existing design. Maybe what I'm trying to do is crazy but I really like thes chips and would like to use them to get our club open. I have thousands of chips that have never even been unboxed.

Can we get pictures? Tough to say without seeing what "clay style" means. Congrats on the new business venture, best of luck.

Sorry, I posted from my tablet last night and didn't have them.

More

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-23-14-44-10-993.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-23-14-44-10-993.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot_2023-07-23-14-44-06-311.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-23-14-44-06-311.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot_2023-07-23-14-44-02-229.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-23-14-44-02-229.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20230730_135512.jpg
    IMG_20230730_135512.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_20230730_135517.jpg
    IMG_20230730_135517.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 122
Are you sure those are Chipco? All the chips that I've seen manufactured by Chipco have a thin white line at the edge of the face.
They're definitely ceramic, though. I doubt you could print over them, as they have been dye-sublimated, with the ink going right into the surface.
You would likely need to have something remade. BRProPoker offers amazing service on high quality blanks if you decide to have new ones made, and you could always buy smaller amounts to start and add on as needed.
Good luck with the venture!

Sounds like it’s a ceramic chip if the design is “directly printed on ’clay‘.” (Looking at the pictures now, they are ceramic.)
Theres no way to print over them. The best thing to do for your own security is to make a custom ceramic set with a similar design.
As you said, you don’t know how many chips are floating around out there, so why not protect yourself?
The investment you made on those chips could be recouped if you sold them. If you like the design, you have a similar one drawn up and printed in a similar way on a custom set. Like @Colquhoun mentioned, @BR Pro Poker is a place to get a custom ceramic set.

Protect your investment/business!
Get your own custom set of chips!

Tina has your designs already
Tina will always have any design you send for custom chips
Tina will make any ceramic chips of any kind for anybody.

You will never be 100% safe.
Don’t let anyone take chips home.
That way anyone bringing chips in had to get them from somewhere else. Wont stop singles or a handful maybe being introduced but will maybe slow down two racks of hundreds showing up all of a sudden.
That’s about the best you can do.

Thanks for all the replies. I do believe you guys are correct that these are ceramic. The unboxed chips are definitely in chipco boxes. I'll definitely use them in our private game as we are 100x more secure than what we are currently doing, but re introducing them to Texas does seem nuts. Strangely enough my wife does die sublimation T shirts etc. We might play with some of the lighter colored chips and see what we can do

Tina has your designs already
Tina will always have any design you send for custom chips
Tina will make any ceramic chips of any kind for anybody.

You will never be 100% safe.
Don’t let anyone take chips home.
That way anyone bringing chips in had to get them from somewhere else. Wont stop singles or a handful maybe being introduced but will maybe slow down two racks of hundreds showing up all of a sudden.
That’s about the best you can do.
YOUR FREAKING ME OUT, MAN ....

These are the chips. I was pleasantly surprised to find they had about double what they advertised in chips when I got there

I just took the time to count and there was approximately 40 boxes of new unopened chips not shown in the ad.

Attachments

• IMG_20230731_111638.jpg
    IMG_20230731_111638.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20230731_111630.jpg
    IMG_20230731_111630.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 88
I would put a black light type of mark on them without telling anyone and at cash out you could verify the chips that are yours. It would be invisible to the naked eye so no one would know your mark unless told. That’s the best thing I can think of for using the chips you bought. Fyi I am a JThomas in life also.

For a home game or private game, I wouldn't be too concerned. Easy to balance the float every game and any large discrepancy would be noticed immediately.

I would never consider using anything but a custom chip set for a larger public venue. It would be very difficult to catch any foul players and risking thousands of tens of thousands of dollars on unsecured chips is a huge risk.

I would absolutely consult a designer and get something from Sunfly or BRPro with custom artwork and security features. Well worth the investment for peace of mind.

Would second everyone here, don't use them in a public game, especially since it's public knowledge where you bought these chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom