Question - Apache 3800 with Justin racks (1 Viewer)

DZPoker

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Question for those of you who have done a 3800 with stacks of 2 Justin Racks (ex 800 setup)…

Do you pluck out all of the foam from both layers where the racks go, or do you leave a layer of the pluck squares? Just trying to figure out how ‘tight’ people make the racks!

I have 1000 chips in a 3800

IMG_0992.jpeg

I don’t know the name. Just 4x25 racks with tops. They hold chips like TRK boxes. Only 4 rows with 25/row. It allowed me to stand racks upright to fit 10 trays

Thanks all. I’ve seen the various pics/threads of what people have done with 3800s.

My question was more around the fact that people rarely talk about the ‘depth’ of plucking…more about various configurations of the length & width.

I plan on two layers of Justin racks in a flat orientation and was just wondering if I should pluck all layers of pick&pluck under them, leave a solid layer of the pic&pluck under the racks, leave two solid layers under them, etc.

Similar to how you’d never pluck all the way through to the bottom for a sace for dealer buttons in a 3800 if that makes the question make sense.

Sounds like people go all the way down with the racks set up as I intend so hopefully if anyone else comes across this and is wondering the same, that’s the answer!

Never pluck the bottom layer. It doesn’t even have the pickandpull segments. The two top layers should be plucked. If you are using Justin racks then I would stack 3 trays deep.

Never pluck the bottom layer. It doesn’t even have the pickandpull segments. The two top layers should be plucked. If you are using Justin racks then I would stack 3 trays deep.

Sorry….not the bottom bottom layer. I was asking about how many layers deep of the pick & pluck cubes people remove. Again, think about a space for dealer buttons vertically. Depending on the size of the buttons, you’ll remove all of the layers of the pick & pluck cubes from the top pick & pluck layer, but probably only one or two layers of the pick & pluck cubes from the bottom pick & pluck layer, to create a space that keeps the buttons up near the ‘top’ and accessible, locked in when the lid is closed, etc.

I don’t believe you can go 3 racks high in a 3800 from what I’ve ever seen out there. It sounds from other responses like people pluck away all of the pick & pluck ‘below’ a stack of two racks and feel that’s snug?

Ex:
I pulled out both layers. Mine are 43mm so a little bigger but fit just fine.

Again, I was really just focused on how ‘tight’ people make the pressure on the racks when the lid closes. Sounds like with all of the pick & pluck cubes removed from both pick & pluck layers, it’ll be ‘tight enough’.

You can go three stacked high in a 3800. I placed a piece of poster board (1/4” thick about) on the bottom, and took the bottom foam and put it up top in the lid. Couldn’t use the egg crate foam anymore. I only knew this because @Ben8257 said it was possible.
image.jpg

For the pluck-and-pull foam, I plucked all the way through (not shown in these pictures). There aren’t any perforations for plucking horizontally. For a button/set up I did just pluck some distance down (not all the way through), but I had to cut the foam, so it doesn’t leave a nice level surface.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Maybe tough to see in the photo, but not level. Don’t mind though since the button and set up usually are occupying that space.

Here’s my two rack layer deep 3800 with Justin cases (and open racks too). I plucked all the way through vertically for the two pieces of pull-and-pluck foam. Original bottom foam layer and egg crate layer used. I think it’s tight enough, no chips shifting from the open racks. And with Justin racks with lids, I don’t think any chips will come loose at all.
image.jpg

image.jpg

You can go three stacked high in a 3800. I placed a piece of poster board (1/4” thick about) on the bottom, and took the bottom foam and put it up top in the lid. Couldn’t use the egg crate foam anymore. I only knew this because @Ben8257 said it was possible. View attachment 1275204

For the pluck-and-pull foam, I plucked all the way through (not shown in these pictures). There aren’t any perforations for plucking horizontally. For a button/set up I did just pluck some distance down (not all the way through), but I had to cut the foam, so it doesn’t leave a nice level surface.

View attachment 1275211
View attachment 1275212
Maybe tough to see in the photo, but not level. Don’t mind though since the button and set up usually are occupying that space.

Well hot dam! I just assumed the pluck foam was more of a 3D Grid. Like…1cm cubes 50 cubes wide by 20 cubes deep by 5 cubes high in each pick & pluck layer (or whatever). Vs 1cm x 1cm x 2” tall pieces in a 20x50 grid.

Now I understand why no one understands my question!

Here’s my two rack layer deep 3800 with Justin cases (and open racks too). I plucked all the way through vertically for the two pieces of pull-and-pluck foam. Original bottom foam layer and egg crate layer used. I think it’s tight enough, no chips shifting from the open racks. And with Justin racks with lids, I don’t think any chips will come loose at all.
View attachment 1275224
View attachment 1275226

Thanks so much…exactly the answer to my question!

Well hot dam! I just assumed the pluck foam was more of a 3D Grid. Like…1cm cubes 50 cubes wide by 20 cubes deep by 5 cubes high in each pick & pluck layer (or whatever). Vs 1cm x 1cm x 2” tall pieces in a 20x50 grid.

Now I understand why no one understands my question!
Yes. They’re not cubes. They’re not segmented horizontally.

When I wanted it cut horizontally I just used a razor blade

I thought you already had the case in front of you and was asking before plucking.

Lol…I actually do have it but just assumed it was a grid when I looked at the layers! You know what they say about people who assume, right?!?! We ask dumb ass questions on forums that confuse people!!

Haha. Take the foam out and bend it and you’ll see how it’s segmented. But there’s no segments on the side.

Haha. Take the foam out and bend it and you’ll see how it’s segmented. But there’s no segments on the side.

I did that and did see that..I just assumed I was seeing the top and bottom layers of cubes vs pieces that ran top to bottom!

So if you look at this setup. The racks that are underneath the tray or longer than the tray is so the bottom foam is plucked more than the top foam and the top foam is cut underneath to make room for the racks on the bottom. I used a razor blade to cut out the bottom of the top foam.

IMG_4916.jpeg
IMG_4913.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom