Pub 72” vs 58” round (6 Viewers)

Which table?

• Total voters
Mine is 66 x 44 - it’s Gorilla’s standard pub size table, and it also happened to be the perfect fit for my small room.
As I’ve said, different people have different ideas of comfort, but if you wouldn’t go less than 80 inches for 8, you must really like your space. Personally, I don’t care for the playing experience on an oval, but I figured this one was short enough that it would be closer to a circle, so I gave it a shot. So far, so good.
Wow, that looks much larger than that.

And yup, we like our space. None of us are big guys but I do have big chairs. ;)

It’s happening. Guess I better hurry and decide on a felt design for Tony

GUPBomo.jpg

Here we are with 7 players. The table is great with 7, I’m sure it would be great with 8. Like I said, everybody has their own definition of comfort. For me, this is comfortable - i don’t think anybody felt crowded. Nobody seemed to be bumping elbows and there weren’t any chip stacks or drinks knocked over.
The room, on the other hand, is tight. When everybody is sitting down, it’s fine. When somebody has to get up for the bathroom, it’s doable, but just barely.

The room is 10’8” x 9’, the table is 68x44. It’s tight enough that I might take that yellow door off it’s hinges, just to buy the extra 5 inches or so in that corner of the room. But this is good. Not luxurious, but with a comfortable table and comfortable chairs, definitely good.

2AE3050A-2600-4B15-A9DF-593E6A368DFF.jpeg

2502BBAA-0F00-42EB-A348-BC33E95A39CF.jpeg

Here we are with 7 players. The table is great with 7, I’m sure it would be great with 8. Like I said, everybody has their own definition of comfort. For me, this is comfortable - i don’t think anybody felt crowded. Nobody seemed to be bumping elbows and there weren’t any chip stacks or drinks knocked over.
The room, on the other hand, is tight. When everybody is sitting down, it’s fine. When somebody has to get up for the bathroom, it’s doable, but just barely.

The room is 10’8” x 9’, the table is 68x44. It’s tight enough that I might take that yellow door off it’s hinges, just to buy the extra 5 inches or so in that corner of the room. But this is good. Not luxurious, but with a comfortable table and comfortable chairs, definitely good.

View attachment 903941

View attachment 903942
66" right?

Legs mounted. Originally was going to use metalKraft but they didn’t want to give me a shipping quote so I just went with Hafele.

I read mixed (old) reviews on these so figured I’d add my thoughts.

Pros:
- Granted this is a smaller table, but they are very stable.
- Excellent locking feature that works great
- Good looking powder coat
- The design allows for plenty of leg room under the table
- Definitely some of the best looking folding legs I’ve ever seen. From the eye level view they look gorgeous and don’t scream “folding legs”.

Cons: the shape of them for this small of a table makes for a little overlap when folded. The legs don’t flop around though and they work well as a handle when I’m moving it so this doesn’t bother me in my situation.

wLXrpkk.jpg

Es4Y89x.jpg

OlEUgDD.jpg

Last edited:
Got the table set up in the room it was intended for. Added 8 chairs all pulled out to extreme comfort distance. Yeah this is going to be great in this room.

Im now in dire need of a new chip cabinet though to make it perfect and free up a little space

Anyone know where to buy powder coated jumbo cupholders in different colors?

Update on the table after using. Played 6/7 handed this weekend. It’s pretty damn perfect for 7 players. Very comfortable and didn’t even feel the slightest bit crowded.

8 players would be comfortable too without a doubt. But I did notice the once a lot of chips are on the table there is much less room to peek at your cards especially if playing something other than 2 card poker. Doable I’m sure with more players, but a slight annoyance when it comes to setting hands etc.

I should’ve taken a full table pic to show how much room players have, but didn’t even think of it. This is pretty much how it was around the whole table. Plenty of space between players

Overall very happy with this shape and table size. I think I’d still like a round if the room accommodated it, but this does fit the room very well.

DZUvYAm.jpg

Last edited:
I know I’m late to this discussion but I do want to point out that King Arthur had his dudes at the round table not the pub table.

Update on the table after using. Played 6/7 handed this weekend. It’s pretty damn perfect for 7 players. Very comfortable and didn’t even feel the slightest bit crowded.

8 players would be comfortable too without a doubt. But I did notice the once a lot of chips are on the table there is much less room to peek at your cards especially if playing something other than 2 card poker. Doable I’m sure with more players, but a slight annoyance when it comes to setting hands etc.

I should’ve taken a full table pic to show how much room players have, but didn’t even think of it. This is pretty much how it was around the whole table. Plenty of space between players

Overall very happy with this shape and table size. I think I’d still like a round if the room accommodated it, but this does fit the room very well.

DZUvYAm.jpg
Would love a follow-up if you’ve had more games and a photo at capacity if you can.

Also, how do you store the table? I believe I’ve seen options to hang or foldable side feet.

For all the round advocates… anyone have one with folding legs?

View attachment 903941

View attachment 903942
#dutchoven

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom