Pub 72” vs 58” round (2 Viewers)

Which table?

• Total voters
I’d love to see pics on both tables :)
I’ve looked at Craig’s many times. 7 players on 56” round

20210805_134650-jpg.749044

If not gorilla legs have you considered the Hafele folding legs?
Yep that’s my top choice and was my initial first thought. Their prices have jumped quite a bit though so figured it shop around

I believe @Rieguy has a table around this size too. Maybe he has pics

Edit: found one with horse racing just for you @moechar

ekkIuxe.jpg
I’ve concluded. Get this one

Yeah, only reason I refrained from posting here is because I already chatted with John about it and I've never played on a true nice round poker table for comparison. 8 people fit perfectly fine without any arms or legs touching, and dealing cards/scooping pots is easy, although you'll need a slight assist from one of the four people in the middle if the pot is more towards the opposite end from you. No one has to stand. Only issue with the horse game is there wasn't a ton of room to really let the dice fly but it's an easy adjustment.

hXbepOJ.jpg

Yeah, only reason I refrained from posting here is because I already chatted with John about it and I've never played on a true nice round poker table for comparison. 8 people fit perfectly fine without any arms or legs touching, and dealing cards/scooping pots is easy, although you'll need a slight assist from one of the four people in the middle if the pot is more towards the opposite end from you. No one has to stand. Only issue with the horse game is there wasn't a ton of room to really let the dice fly but it's an easy adjustment.

hXbepOJ.jpg
It seems like Bergs table and my table have the cup holders in a different configuration. I think they’re both Gorilla tables, and I don’t remember choosing a cup holder configuration, but who knows?
Anyway, so you have an opinion on which configuration is better? (Not that I think it matters much - people are pretty good at putting their drink in the nearest available hole regardless of where they’re sitting.)

C6ECD8DB-1B45-4ACA-A6A4-8C9F91358A85.png
2E2DBF60-B646-4C7C-83FD-CDA20866C41F.jpeg

Rounds is better poker IMO, but will make the room tighter on the 10 foot side. See @Erich Wise wise solution ….position the seats where the players are angled away from sitting with their back directly pointed at the wall so it will be a bit easier to walk past them.

It seems like Bergs table and my table have the cup holders in a different configuration. I think they’re both Gorilla tables, and I don’t remember choosing a cup holder configuration, but who knows?
Anyway, so you have an opinion on which configuration is better? (Not that I think it matters much - people are pretty good at putting their drink in the nearest available hole regardless of where they’re sitting.)

View attachment 898354View attachment 898355

We tend to end up more between the cup holder to the right and the far edge of the one to the player's left, as opposed to centered with them, since I would hate an obstacle between myself and my chip stack. That seems to me to be the main difference between us based on how your chairs are set up, but I'm not sure @JeepologyOffroad is getting cup holders anyway (I didn't have a choice with the deal I got). Ultimately, I think the configuration of the holders themselves are likely negligible depending on how you set up chairs, although if we played on Bergs' table not everyone would be lined up relative to their holders the same (some would be centered vs. some between - at least it looks like it in that one pic but it's hard to tell).

View attachment 898354View attachment 898355
I'm leaning towards orientation like you have^
We tend to end up more between the cup holder to the right and the far edge of the one to the player's left, as opposed to centered with them, since I would hate an obstacle between myself and my chip stack. That seems to me to be the main difference between us based on how your chairs are set up, but I'm not sure @JeepologyOffroad is getting cup holders anyway (I didn't have a choice with the deal I got). Ultimately, I think the configuration of the holders themselves are likely negligible depending on how you set up chairs, although if we played on Bergs' table not everyone would be lined up relative to their holders the same (some would be centered vs. some between - at least it looks like it in that one pic but it's hard to tell).
But I'm in this camp. Seats usually between cupholders. Controversial I know, but I had having my drink in front of my stack.

Thank you. I think 6 is the normal standard so that’s what I was planning on

I can measure when home but I'm almost certain it's also 6. Either way, I wouldn't go 5 if you have a choice between the two.

Thanks Tony. I don’t necessarily want a narrow rail whatsoever. Just didn’t want to go unnecessarily large

Now the question - which legs on this thing? Was going to go heavy duty with gorilla but they are out of stock until mid summer at least
Damn - are they really out of stock until mid summer?

Finally starting my build, been trying to find a set.

Any good alternatives (links?) ? (sorry to hijack the thread)

Probably longer than I’m willing to wait personally. Not sure I even need legs that heavy.

But alternatives at a better price point seem limited. Although, I wonder what the price of gorilla legs will be once they return.
I was able to find a set of Hafele legs for just under $200(random set on Amazon? Hopefully they're legit) , figured I'm impatient enough to just go for it and potentially build a 2nd table down the road sometime

I was able to find a set of Hafele legs for just under $200(random set on Amazon? Hopefully they're legit) , figured I'm impatient enough to just go for it and potentially build a 2nd table down the road sometime
I think I’m leaning MetalKraft but the Hafele are sexier for sure

I wouldn't go shorter than 80" for 8 max.
My table is 48" x 84" and we play 7 max. Lots of space with drink carts and the extra width helps. The 48" size is popular because of plywood sizes, so unless you want to go wider in the width, I'd say 48x80 would be minimum.

If you can go wider that's one thing. What are the dimensions of your table @upNdown ? I went through the thread and couldn't find it. Looks great.

I prefer a wider table for sure. I have a couple of tables same size as yours and I love them. I just want to try something new this go around. I hear lots of good things about the pub table so I’m excited to give it a shot.

I wouldn't go shorter than 80" for 8 max.
My table is 48" x 84" and we play 7 max. Lots of space with drink carts and the extra width helps. The 48" size is popular because of plywood sizes, so unless you want to go wider in the width, I'd say 48x80 would be minimum.

If you can go wider that's one thing. What are the dimensions of your table @upNdown ? I went through the thread and couldn't find it. Looks great.
Mine is 66 x 44 - it’s Gorilla’s standard pub size table, and it also happened to be the perfect fit for my small room.
As I’ve said, different people have different ideas of comfort, but if you wouldn’t go less than 80 inches for 8, you must really like your space. Personally, I don’t care for the playing experience on an oval, but I figured this one was short enough that it would be closer to a circle, so I gave it a shot. So far, so good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom