• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Potter & Potter yesterday (1 Viewer)

Taghkanic

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
So, anyone else willing to fess up to stealth bidding on the Potter & Potter auction yesterday?

There were a ton of bidders watching the Condado and CDI lots, among others.

I figure there must have been a PCF contingent, but no one wanted to alert the masses… LOL

(I got some books, no chips.)

1647608930404.png

400 chips was sold. For $3k!!!!!!!!

New to the chipping life...So are there deals to be had or they always end up going for crazy prices???Also how often do they do the auction???are there other places to buy. Canada has zero places to buy any high end chips at least to my knowledge. Any fellow canadians can chim in. If I'm wrong. Cheers

I didn’t bid in their Eisenstadt auction, so I don’t know if prices went crazy on that one, too. I suspect some of these items were leftovers from that one.

I got an OK deal on 29 books (two lots) which are all various editions of Hoyle’s Rules of the Game. Only of interest to me because Hoyle is the name of the road I live on... Seemed to be only one competitor and not a very interested one.

350 chips. Even worse. Reminds me of a certain person who has more money than sense.

I was tempted briefly, because the lot contained 10 CDI 1K chips, which are hard to find. But I wasn’t about to spend three grand just to get 10 chips, then have to try to flip the rest.

The 600 Condados also went for $2,800, which seems closer to market price (though it was hard to tell the exact condition).

This lot below went sky high... It was hard to really know what was in it, but there must have been some very motivated singles collectors. The auction estimate was $2K-$4K.

1647610729375.png

Condados had very worn $5s. Hundos were not mint either. Some irrational exuberance.

That singles lot was a head-scratcher. If someone was able to inventory in person, it might have been a fair price. From what I could see online, it was a risky proposition for even the midrange of the estimate.

I didn’t bid in their Eisenstadt auction, so I don’t know if prices went crazy on that one, too. I suspect some of these items were leftovers from that one.

I got an OK deal on 29 books (two lots) which are all various editions of Hoyle’s Rules of the Game. Only of interest to me because Hoyle is the name of the road I live on... Seemed to be only one competitor and not a very interested one.
I had a copy of Hoyles when I was a kid. I absolutely loved it.

Why does it say circa 1988 ? N yeah thats absurd always keep in mind to alot of us (most of us)$10 a chip and 3.5k is a sh*t ton of money for some chips that are what usually $3-$4 maybe $5ea and at $5 is crazy if im right but for some 3.5k is nothing the chipping world is the new shoe game not right

They only have chips once in a while, but to my knowledge they are the only bricks-and-mortar auction house which specializes in gambling items.

I’ve found their past catalogs pretty interesting to flip through… They rarely give precise dates for older items; but you can get a decent sense of how different cards and chips once were.

I had my eyes on the Condado Beach set. Was ready to bid with 1 minute to go and it closed bidding for the absentees. Last I saw was $1200

anyone else willing to fess up to stealth bidding on the Potter & Potter auction yesterday?
How do you even do that? I looked through the catalog and was intrigued by a number of lots, but the only bidding methods I could see were live-in-person and telephone, neither of which seemed very practical.

How do you even do that? I looked through the catalog and was intrigued by a number of lots, but the only bidding methods I could see were live-in-person and telephone, neither of which seemed very practical.
There should have been two drop downs which let you bid a "straight bid" & "max bid". That's what I saw on my end.

There should have been two drop downs which let you bid a "straight bid" & "max bid". That's what I saw on my end.
Hmm, not sure how I missed the online bidding stuff. I guess I was only looking in the catalog (a week ago) and it doesn't seem to be mentioned very explicitly there. Oh well, next time maybe!

dang it

I didn't even know the auction was running. I haven't paid attention to them since the Eisenstadt auction last year. Most of their auctions are themes I'm not really interested in, but I guess if you don't pay attention you'll miss the ones you do care about.

I bid using an auction app called Live Auctioneers, but I believe there is also a way via Potter’s website.

You can also internet bid on live auctions, but you need to click on "enter live bidding" or something like that. I think you need to have registered and can't remember if you need to have a credit card on file. I watched a few auctions on the Live Feed, but it was during work so didn't have that much time to watch. I won a few singles early on.

You can also internet bid on live auctions, but you need to click on "enter live bidding" or something like that. I think you need to have registered and can't remember if you need to have a credit card on file. I watched a few auctions on the Live Feed, but it was during work so didn't have that much time to watch. I won a few singles early on.
Correct. You need an account to do that as well as have a credit card on file.

New to the chipping life...So are there deals to be had or they always end up going for crazy prices???Also how often do they do the auction???are there other places to buy. Canada has zero places to buy any high end chips at least to my knowledge. Any fellow canadians can chim in. If I'm wrong. Cheers
This was a one of a kind opportunity to buy some of the collection of a very prolific collector. They don’t have auctions like this every, day, month or even decade.

I will confess that I made people pay dearly for the items I was interested in. I didn’t win any of them, but no one got them cheap. Almost everything went very high. Some of it’s already made it onto the sales board. You can go look at the “realized” prices to see what everything sold for.

Some of it’s already made it onto the sales board.

Potter & Potter haven’t even invoiced for items sold yet. So unless people bid in person, paid and walked out of the auction house with their items, they would be selling chips they don’t have in hand… IDGI

Looking at how much the Condado Beach set and CDI set made my jaw drop.........
The Condado set went for more than the eBay sale last week I think which is crazy and the eBay chips were for the most part in better condition. There was a chipper frenzy at this thing, it was nuts.
These were the 5s yesterday
3EDE6101-974C-4FF6-85FD-B8454BA46F68.jpeg

Potter & Potter haven’t even invoiced for items sold yet. So unless people bid in person, paid and walked out of the auction house with their items, they would be selling chips they don’t have in hand… IDGI
The guy selling lives in Chicago. Already has 2 ads. He must’ve sprinted across town and picked them up in person because the first ad was yesterday.

The Condado set went for more than the eBay sale last week I think which is crazy and the eBay chips were for the most part in better condition. There was a chipper frenzy at this thing, it was nuts.
These were the 5s yesterday
View attachment 880765
Hmm good thing I didn't go overboard with it. I would have been slightly annoyed that they were in that shape. $25s and $100s probably were nice though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom