Post mockups for fun/science? (14 Viewers)

You will need to get a colour sample in hand. Then you will see how dark dark dark these look.
Yeah, I will definitely get samples first before making an actual order.

I guess problems are with green, charcoal and purple chips together?

Yeah, I will definitely get samples first before making an actual order.

I guess problems are with green, charcoal and purple chips together?

Combined with a black background label, yes.
You can try to more easily differentiate adjacent denoms by using base and edge colours and patterns that maximize contrast. This includes using a variety of spot widths and groupings

Combined with a black background label, yes.
You can try to more easily differentiate adjacent denoms by using base and edge colours and patterns that maximize contrast. This includes using a variety of spot widths and groupings
Tried to make some chips more light and contrast. Does this look better?

1704766906136.png

On the surface I would say yes BUT there's a big difference between a monitor display and a sample set in your hand (which will look darker across almost everything). Take your time.
I don't plan to order this design in near several years, so I will definetely take my time with these chips

Coming around on making a CPC set for tournaments instead. Already have a built out clay cash set, so I'd be selling the current one. Lot cheaper to build a 400 piece tournament set too, don't need to worry about the stakes spread. Undecided on 3D14 vs 3TA16View attachment 1255968
I wouldn’t make both the 100 and 500 so dark

Trying to get away from dice chips and make my first custom set for micro cash games. Any opinions or feedback are welcome.

Attachments

• download (4).png
    download (4).png
    124.4 KB · Views: 24
  • download (5).png
    download (5).png
    106 KB · Views: 25
  • download (6).png
    download (6).png
    97.9 KB · Views: 25
  • download (7).png
    download (7).png
    99.5 KB · Views: 24
  • download (8).png
    download (8).png
    111.5 KB · Views: 25
1705339729028.png

Looking to make my first custom set and started messing with the art today. No where near the finished product (centering and texts are all not final made obvious by the "five dollars" still on all the chips. Looking for feedback on art and color choices.

A little background, last name is Small hence the coloration of the main text. My initial thoughts on colors is to keep the general rule of thumb white 1's red 5's and green 20 or 25. Then got the idea to make them Philly sports based since the poker room is all philly sports memorabilia. Current colors are Flyers, Sixers, Retro phils and Eagles kelly green.

Any comments and criticisms would be appreciated!

What's your favorite color?
The blue and black ones are definitely may favorite out of the two. I like the aesthetic of the black one a lot I just don't know if that should be the workhorse chip or the more special / less common higher denomination chip.

The blue and black ones are definitely may favorite out of the two. I like the aesthetic of the black one a lot I just don't know if that should be the workhorse chip or the more special / less common higher denomination chip.
I say workhorse.
Black blue grey are my favorite colors. So they show up in some of my dollars or blue quarter and black dollar. The possibilities are endless!!

PXL_20231230_061651234.jpg
PXL_20231008_025508990.jpg
PXL_20231203_061748488.jpg
PXL_20220327_044338512.jpg
PXL_20221009_020532158.jpg
PXL_20220716_014210574.jpg
PXL_20230827_045954279.jpg

Reactions: GR_
Toyed around with a monochrome set design from nickel to hundo...thinking darker purple on for the base color on that one instead of what I saved here. Side note, using the chip creator on a cell phone is a bit finicky...haha.
sketch-1705907326850.jpg

Refined my set idea a bit to make it look more like a proper cash set with more affordable spot patterns, so denoms go:
0.25, 1, 5, 25, 100, 500, 1000 and also did a bounty chip design for fun
1705979479681.png

Been putting together a set little by little and this is what I've settled on ... I think I may go with the dark Mirage labels or perhaps another black label with some neon-ish colors.

Attachments

• MirageDark Set 3.png
    MirageDark Set 3.png
    560.6 KB · Views: 50

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom