Post mockups for fun/science? (9 Viewers)

But this is for science, because Cali colors!

For fun, not science, because of all the black $1 talk.

View attachment 302161

Both the canary and charcoal look really good.

Team "Black Dollar" indeed. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

My current fun/science/future reality offering:

cash_scrown5.png

On the fence about the $100. I've gone through many iterations with that spot pattern as well as 6D18. Nothing is striking me as stellar... Maybe chocolate as the base and not charcoal?

Also worry about dirty stacks with the $1 and $20..... bright white 20 would be a solution there.

Funding at 32.4%. :D

Last edited:
Another day... another version:

cash_scrown6.png

Solved my problems with the 100 by completely replacing it. The 20's colors on the mock don't looks as good as the actual sample chips next to each other.

Taking inspiration from the excellent JACK $100 for this version of the $1.

Funding at 39%. :D

I like the WHITE for my $20 because I'll never have use for $100. I like the white $100 you designed. Very nice.

My current issue is that I like the $500 and $1000 colors and design so much that I want to use them as main chips. Maybe tiger nickels and blurple quarters.... keeping the chips 50¢ thru $5 the same. The white chip would become the $20 and I’d come up with something new if I want a $100 bank chip. The novelty $500 and $1000 would be ditched.

I am messing around with an unlabeled set, trying to do edge spot progression and keep some sort of common design element in the absence of labels. My main obstacle is poor color design sense. :)

(These would be for 1/2/5/10/25/100/500/2000)

6e32e006-846b-4cbc-8f2f-51b544f149b9.png

I am messing around with an unlabeled set, trying to do edge spot progression and keep some sort of common design element in the absence of labels. My main obstacle is poor color design sense. :)

(These would be for 1/2/5/10/25/100/500/2000)

View attachment 303477
I’m curious what your set will be used for—cash (what stakes do you play, fixed limit or no limit/pot limit), and/or tournaments.

Are your low denoms for cash, and the high denoms for tourneys?

I think the color and spot progression looks great, btw.

I’m curious what your set will be used for—cash (what stakes do you play, fixed limit or no limit/pot limit), and/or tournaments.

Are your low denoms for cash, and the high denoms for tourneys?

No, I'm a board gamer (hence the new account), so this is more for games like in the 1830 thread - economic games where most denominations are in play most of the time.

I would play poker except I'm really really bad. :p

I think the color and spot progression looks great, btw.

Thanks!

No, I'm a board gamer (hence the new account), so this is more for games like in the 1830 thread - economic games where most denominations are in play most of the time.
That makes perfect sense.

I would play poker except I'm really really bad. :p

You’re always welcome at my game! :D

I was goofing around to see what an "economical" custom set would look like. Tried to keep a progression going with lower tier spot designs and using a light blue chip for 1s instead of bright white. To also save on cost, I would use a circular inlay with a shape printed on and color matched inlay edges (can CPC do that?). If I ever can drop $1000 on a set maybe I'd do it up to the $100 denom. I like the blurple 500 though.

Pretty standard color denoms at .25/1/5/25/100/500/1000/5000

All unweighted colors. Diamond Square mold for 25¢, $1, $5, $20, $100 and Small Crown Limit set of snapper and $25. Inlay is a work in progress. Probably just change the spade a bit and put the denom in the middle. Thoughts?

DiamondSquare.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom