Post mockups for fun/science? (5 Viewers)

lulz. the chip tool is more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

dice.png

Potential THC mock-up of destruction (except for the aztar. I wouldn’t destroy that)
5EBC587E-5E3F-4966-B2AD-87378AAD7292.jpeg

E95D6401-FA58-465D-9D7A-A96CBDBEAF0F.jpeg

Lofty and noble goals, but very difficult to successfully pull off without causing dirty stack or playability issues. Common newbie approach, too -- I think nearly every single one of us has given it a go at one time or another. Almost all attempts either fail, or could be improved upon by abandoning the effort.

Color-coordination -- both within a single chip and across a set -- is a real art form.

@Ray-Col 's Metronome set was very well done in this aspect imo. I do agree that it's very tough to pull off though.

I can’t stop mocking up sets! I really like what using a 1” inlay does with the 4v and 412 spot patterns. I think the 1” looks much better than the 7/8” on the small crown mold.

I don’t like reusing red but it looks so good on both the $5 & $100. The other red options don’t give as strong of a contrast.

CA8298C5-24B5-4447-9624-BA09389E69F8.png

This looks very nice!

But I feel the inlay looks very busy with so many elements on one side. Would you consider:
1) Keep "The Mermaids Poker Reef" and the numerical denomination on one side, maybe with a small graphic (bubbles?) near the top.
2) Move the mermaid silhouette and the text denomination to the other side. The text can wrap around the curve of the chip wherever there is black space.

Bounty chips based on the unused beta of ES T500, 39mm & 43mm hybrids.
39mmBounty.png
43mmBounty.png

Spot: 2V214
Base: White #FFFFFF
2V: Purple Mountain Majesty #997DBA (Original: Orchid)
214s: Lilac #CD97C9 (Original: Petunia)
If anyone can provide me the CMYK of the original colours, please let me know.

Gray and Light Blue are barely distinguishable from each other if you put them side by side.
I hope you have a color sample set.
I *did* have a sample set for many years. I expect it to be almost a solid. 'm not sure if I will go that road or not. I will definitely buy another sample set if I decide to get serious about ordering. Any other color concerns?

Last edited:
I *did* have a sample set for many years. I expect it to be almost a solid. 'm not sure if I will go that road or not. I will definitely buy another sample set if I decide to get serious about ordering. Any other color concerns?
You should also check DG Saturn - It is kind of green/yellow.

Wanted to get some feedback on my mock up set for my golfing group cash game. The original Beaver Club was formed in Canada by fur traders of the Northwest Company and Hudson Bay Company. I intend on having unique backside inlays for each denomination with some references to the lore of the original club. I was obviously inspired by the Rounders chips for the inlay. Also, I think I'd like to make a hot stamp fractional chip in the future. Oh, and hi, long time lurker, first time poster! :)

Beaver Club Set V1.png
Beaver Club Set V1 $100.png

I know I'm in the minority. I like this mold. Thinking of a tourney set (even though I don't host tourney's lol).

Anyone have 10-20 of these that they could ship to me to shuffle for a few weeks?

A43108F9-BA3E-4056-814E-726C99CA4D15.png

who designed the insert? looks cool.

@Gear

Updated set idea with new inlay. Working on replacing the ship with something else and need feedback on the whole Cali set. Denoms are quarter, 1, 5 and 20 so far. 1 is based on king one. Label based on bellagio with a small pirate theme. Maybe a treasure chest or capital T instead of the ship?
09325c1d-1152-4836-be8d-cf7361349a3e.png

Not sold on brown spots on the yellow or spots on the frac

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom