Post mockups for fun/science? (8 Viewers)

Hope to move forward with this sometime in 2018 :)

capture.png

Thanks, I think you're right. What do you think about repeating the yellow on the 5s/25s?

I think it suffers from the same issue with the white edge spots, too many. And since the $5 & $25 are next to each other in denominations, I think maybe a darker colour would be good on the $25, maybe a purple.

Holiday is so boring. I like the Bellagio, Mirage and Aria, so why don't copy and paste?!
Again a classic color setting, which might be the main reason, why I won't purchase it. Well, let's see how long holiday feels like. :)

Edit: Oh - 500 and 1 posting!

3spot_bellagio_mirage_aria.png

3spot_v2_bellagio_mirage_aria.png

Woody designed the felt and shield, I'll post the felt in the appropriate thread but thoughts on chips and label? Wanted to keep the label simple and such.
eJxm4cy.png

They all say 1 dollar. Of course, I assume they are going to be all different denominations, with appropriate lettering difference on the label.

This is actually one of the most complicated labels I've seen (not that this is a bad thing). We're talking about 1" diameter - will the graphics and text be easy to read? The shield alone has 4 quarters AND a header! Might I suggest Side 1: Shield graphic and "X Dollar" text denom, while Side 2: "The Roost", "est. 2018", and large numerical denom?

The edgespot colours of your grey and black chips almost exactly match the base chip and edgespot colour of your gold chip. I would consider changing at least one (or both) of the edgespot colours so they don't match that chip (or each other).

But I totally love the shield design and the FDL. What would make it even more amazing is if you can use a gear-shaped inlay to mimic the crenellation pattern on a castle wall!

They all say 1 dollar. Of course, I assume they are going to be all different denominations, with appropriate lettering difference on the label.

This is actually one of the most complicated labels I've seen (not that this is a bad thing). We're talking about 1" diameter - will the graphics and text be easy to read? The shield alone has 4 quarters AND a header! Might I suggest Side 1: Shield graphic and "X Dollar" text denom, while Side 2: "The Roost", "est. 2018", and large numerical denom?

The edgespot colours of your grey and black chips almost exactly match the base chip and edgespot colour of your gold chip. I would consider changing at least one (or both) of the edgespot colours so they don't match that chip (or each other).

But I totally love the shield design and the FDL. What would make it even more amazing is if you can use a gear-shaped inlay to mimic the crenellation pattern on a castle wall!

Took those changes, it does look better IMHO...

WwqVjDF.png

Took those changes, it does look better IMHO...

Beauty! The only one more thing I'd change is the EITHER 1) the main edgespot colour on your 5, OR 2) the wide edgespot colour on your 25.
I see you're going for "nonstandard Vegas" base colours, and I think that's great! Another wonderful way you can truly call this set your very own!

Oh yeah, just realized, this will also allow you to use bigger text for "The Roost" and "Est. 2018". Either that or bigger denom text.

Last edited:
Evolution of my colorful best of. Hope you enjoy. - Think I should really stop, before I simply have to buy more chips.

Edit: Also like the Maps 5$ chip, some changes made on the orange chip :)
]

Is this really a faithful reproduction of the edgespot progression on Bellagio chips? Really colourful!
For your green (25?), I would have considered 4 square spots which matches a little more closely to your black (100?), so your spot progression goes 3-6-4-8.

I took a shot at imitating some classics. So here's a mock up closely following the thread subject 'fun/science'. Just in case someone would like to know if a 4000 chip set of mint mapes goes well with his/her custom felt ...

mapes_stacks.jpg

DVxhwgN.png

I have a two car detached garage behind the house that is usually a woodshop (no cars ever parked in there). On weekends I move everything to the walls and set up the poker table and run a simple .25/.50 cash game usually a $20 buy-in.

I was heavily inspired by @Rhodeman77 and the Clubhouse design - loved the simplicity. Kept the color spots simple to keep the price down. Don't know if I will ever pull the trigger on these - but it was fun designing them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom