Post mockups for fun/science? (7 Viewers)

You definitely should reduce the denoms down. Even 7 denoms (5c, 25c, $1, $5, $20/$25, $100, $500) is already covering a broad range of stakes, and would require a large number of chips in total to be useful. If you're on a budget and can't get too many chips, I'd probably aim for 5 denoms (25c-$100) that cover a narrower range of stakes.

While reducing designs, primarily think about contrast: You want all the denoms to be easily distinguishable from each other, not just looking at the chips' faces, but also when they are stacked. Specifically you want to avoid multiple dark body colors with nothing to brighten them up. Retro Blue and Charcoal for example might already be hard to tell apart from each other under bad lighting conditions, and the same might apply for the broad black spots on your 1/2 pie 214 and 1/4 pie 3c chips when these are stacked.

Do get CPC color samples because the chip design tool can be VERY misleading regarding specific chip colors. Some are way off.

Last edited:
You definitely should reduce the denoms down. Even 7 denoms (5c, 25c, $1, $5, $20/$25, $100, $500) is already covering a broad range of stakes, and would require a large number of chips in total to be useful. If you're on a budget and can't get too many chips, I'd probably aim for 5 denoms (25c-$100) that cover a narrower range of stakes.

While reducing designs, primarily think about contrast: You want all the denoms to be easily distinguishable from each other, not just looking at the chips' faces, but also when they are stacked. Specifically you want to avoid multiple dark body colors with nothing to brighten them up. Retro Blue and Charcoal for example might already be hard to tell apart from each other under bad lighting conditions, and the same might apply for the broad black spots on your 1/2 pie 214 and 1/4 pie 3c chips when these are stacked.

Do get CPC color samples because the chip design tool can be VERY misleading regarding specific chip colors. Some are way off.

Thank you for the feedback! I should have clarified, the main goal is to construct a tournament set starting at T25. I would likely drop the last few chips, so from the start I would put together T25, T100, T500, T1000, T5000, T25K.

I will pull out my CPC colour samples and really compare the colours. I was probably being too reliant on the tool.

Thanks,
Grant

Thinking about doing a micro stakes set with an old west saloon theme. Denominations of .05, .25, 1, 5, and 20.

old west.png

IMG_2416.PNG
I have a monthly multi table tournament at my house and my tournament chips are the standard colors. My idea was to substitute one denomination out with a holiday chip depending on what month it is. One side of each chip would have my standard logo and denomination, the other side would have a holiday logo.

The first chip would be used in December, a Christmas chip, as the T25 denomination.

In January I would use the blue and white chip as a winter chip, and use it as the T500.

For February it would be the second chip, the red and pink and white for Valentine's Day, it could fill in for any denomination but I likely would use it for the T1000 which is normally yellow.

In March I would again replace the T25 this time with the white and green shamrock St. Patrick's Day chip.

For April it would be the yellow pink and green and white chip for Easter, replacing T1000.

For May and June we would skip doing this as I'm not sure what color would fit these months.

For July obviously the red white and blue Chip, I would likely use it for the T5000. It very much reminds me of the aria 5K chips.

For August it would be the Day-Glo tiger, yellow and white chip to represent the bright summer sun, also used for the T5000.

We would skip September, in October it would be the black and orange chip for Halloween substituting for T100.

November would be the fall color brown chip, for Thanksgiving, it could fill in for the T1000 or the T5000.

Any ideas for June, May or September?

IMG_2448.PNG
Now with inlays! All of these images (except for the Army logo) I found on free clipart sites, not sure how that works with CPC.

I was afraid that the dark green and black will be too close in color. What about the black next to the Blurple? Also too dark?
Waiting on my color sample to come in before i do nay more work on this.

Would anyone like to help me with this design? Looking at building a tourney set. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Slide1.jpg
    Slide1.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 132
Would anyone like to help me with this design? Looking at building a tourney set. Thanks in advance.

You need a small bit of white space above the word Poker, text should never run the edge of anything being printed. Shift the dog and denomination down a hair and then the same for the curved words. That may mean changing the radius of the words to match the shift.

Otherwise I think it's a nice label.

I like the inlay a lot more than the earlier version. The only thing it is still lacking a bit I think is contrast. The dog is a thin B/W line art, the whole inlay background is white and most of the text black. Maybe if you kept the B/W dog line art as it is, inside filled with white, and using a very gentle colored radial gradient as the overall inlay background? Possibly color-matched to the chip itself?

As for the spots, the 100 might get too dark - regular Pink is quite matte and by far not as bright as it appears to be in the design tool. Same goes for Mandarin Red. For the 500/1000, I'd really suggest removing the DG Tiger from one of them. The color is just way too prominent on the 500 as well, I wouldn't want duplication in such a case. The 5000 might work because the spots are so thin, but even there I'd maybe try a different, not-yet-used DG color.

I like the inlay a lot more than the earlier version. The only thing it is still lacking a bit I think is contrast. The dog is a thin B/W line art, the whole inlay background is white and most of the text black. Maybe if you kept the B/W dog line art as it is, inside filled with white, and using a very gentle colored radial gradient as the overall inlay background? Possibly color-matched to the chip itself?

As for the spots, the 100 might get too dark - regular Pink is quite matte and by far not as bright as it appears to be in the design tool. Same goes for Mandarin Red. For the 500/1000, I'd really suggest removing the DG Tiger from one of them. The color is just way too prominent on the 500 as well, I wouldn't want duplication in such a case. The 5000 might work because the spots are so thin, but even there I'd maybe try a different, not-yet-used DG color.
First, let me thank you for the help. I need to purchase a color set to see what is best. As far as the inlay goes I'm still trying to figure out how to do everything in Adobe Illustrator. Not sure how to get the background colors.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom