Post a picture of your most recent purchase....(not poker chips) (14 Viewers)

This baby just arrived on Friday after I won it at auction. An Eric Clapton-owned and played Fender Stratocaster.

B00938C6-3AC1-468B-89C9-C5AAA7AA2F70.jpeg
1F37F59F-E980-4237-A1BA-ABA7FD41F578.jpeg

Been a Clapton fan for years! (Like most people. Lol). Actually don’t know the genesis of the nickname. He could sure move when he wanted to all the times I saw him play! Would love to hear the story....

Been a Clapton fan for years! (Like most people. Lol). Actually don’t know the genesis of the nickname. He could sure move when he wanted to all the times I saw him play! Would love to hear the story....

He had a string break while playing. Rather than change out guitars, he decided to string the guitar on stage, and while he did it, the audience began to slow-clap their hands in anticipation. The name “slowhand” stuck after that.

Clapton, so many iconic recordings and albums. However, one always sticks in my mind. There’s a John Mayall and the Blues Breaker album. There’s a young EC sitting down reading a Beano comic book. Anyone that’s ever wanted to play R&R guitar has listened to that album thousands of times and tried to copy ever lick!

@Windwalker, congrats again on that score!

Finally managed to add a squat rack and a barbell set-up to my basement home gym after months of waiting due to everything being out of stock. Added a new rubber floor too. Just need some spotter bars (still sold out) and some wall mirrors, but I’m more or less sorted!

AD792FCC-075F-46D3-8C8E-0C3ABFAF0EA8.jpeg

any videos of it in action?

Not yet...but good idea! I'll get some tomorrow. The machine that I play most often is a dime machine. There is a HUGE difference in feel, between dropping a dime in the slot, compared to dropping the dollar tokens. LOVE it :)

My better half probably isn't going to let me keep it in the dining room though :( So I'll have to shop for a new location in the house at some point.

Not yet...but good idea! I'll get some tomorrow. The machine that I play most often is a dime machine. There is a HUGE difference in feel, between dropping a dime in the slot, compared to dropping the dollar tokens. LOVE it :)

My better half probably isn't going to let me keep it in the dining room though :( So I'll have to shop for a new location in the house at some point.
make sure to jerry rig up a jackpot win for the video. we want to see it spew out coins!

Its on a creek flowing out to the Rhode River, it moves but not too fast. Had some paddle boarders paddling by this morning.

That's an awesome spot very close to Annapolis and across the bay from some prime time rock fishing at the mouth of the choptank. Congrats!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom