Piatnik Bridge Size - Jumbo Index - Blue Backs only!!! (2 Viewers)

I retrieved mine from my mailbox this afternoon. Thanks for organizing this group buy, David. (y) :thumbsup:

Well crap, of course I didn't pay attention until it was sold out. Heh

F5335AA1-BC22-4CB8-A1FD-C652E2CA4077.jpeg
63F8A745-0328-4840-89ED-79248758BD77.jpeg

Cards arrived yesterday! Unfortunately, one of the cases did not survive.:(
I really like these cards! Gonna put them in play tonight!!

Please let me know, if they find some red decks! Thanks again, David!(y) :thumbsup:

View attachment 134893 View attachment 134892

Cards arrived yesterday! Unfortunately, one of the cases did not survive.:(
I really like these cards! Gonna put them in play tonight!!

Please let me know, if they find some red decks! Thanks again, David!(y) :thumbsup:

I had a couple arrive like that in the original order. I have a few extra if you would like for me to replace the case and cards.

So far this is the only casualty so I hope there are not more.

I had a couple arrive like that in the original order. I have a few extra if you would like for me to replace the case and cards.

So far this is the only casualty so I hope there are not more.

It’s no problem, as I have a few extra single deck cases! Thanks again, for putting this together!

Received-- Thank you David!!

Assuming no matching red Piatnik cards are available, what's a good close alternative that would still go well together?
Jumbo Fourniers or possibly Guild Arc's?
Looks like these Piatnik jumbo indexes are slightly larger than most Jumbo/Large indexes.

Decks arrive & are outstanding always, one of my favorite, thanks you @David O for making these happen. If the matching red Bridge/Jumbo decks ever surface I'm down for 20 to match my blues.And whenever/if you do another order I will also be down for some more Piatnik Poker/Jumbo setups as well:)

Think I'm going to limit myself to 3-4 brands/styles of decks from now on, Piatnik, Fournier Congress, Superflex & Desjgn (once the B/J decks are straightened out). Coming close to my card nirvana.

Add Prestige bridge/jumbo to that list and I'm right there with ya. (y) :thumbsup:

The Gemaco Monte Carlos are a nice option to mix a red deck in: https://www.kardwell.com/gemaco-monte-carlo.html

I also like the Fournier Congress 2826.

My preference so far are the Guild's, both visually and by feel. The brightness of the red indexes are similar and both have the creme centers. The only thing that bugs me is the spade design of the Guild's (similar to Modiano's). I much prefer the spade design of the Fournier's, which would be more consistent with the Piatniks.

I wish the Fournier 2818 series came in bridge jumbo, as those would match even better, save for the darker reds. I do like the various 2826/Congress varieties, but the "jumbo" indexes of those are the smallest whereas the Piatnik jumbo are very JUMBO.

The Gemaco Monte Carlos are also nice on their own, but IMO doesn't jive as well with the Piatniks. The elongated font, mixed in, would tilt me :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:;)

Are those superflex? Gemaco Superflex seem to be loved by people who love the same cards as me, so I need to try some.

In all honesty, I’m not sure. The Joker says Superflex on it but some folks here have noted that they think these cards feel a little different than the “standard” Superflex.

I don’t know if a true side by side comparo has ever been done/documented. I thought I saw a thread some time ago by some one who has both, but now I can’t seem to find it.

More pics of the Monte Carlo Superflex edition here.

Weird that 'superflex' appears only on the jokers and nowhere else.... Ace of spades, packaging, nothing...

Anyone have any extras you would be willing to part with?

Are those superflex? Gemaco Superflex seem to be loved by people who love the same cards as me, so I need to try some.

Just reading through this thread and saw this. I have both Gemaco labeled Superflex and the Monte Carlos. I inquired before I bought and Karwell said they are the same material.

I can confirm they are. The only difference is the Monte Carlos use regular red ink rather than the dark "security red. While I prefer the dark red, I much prefer the Monte Carlo backs. Very classy

Just reading through this thread and saw this. I have both Gemaco labeled Superflex and the Monte Carlos. I inquired before I bought and Karwell said they are the same material.

I can confirm they are. The only difference is the Monte Carlos use regular red ink rather than the dark "security red. While I prefer the dark red, I much prefer the Monte Carlo backs. Very classy
Thanks. Now I just have to talk myself into paying $15 to ship two setups.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom