Pets (2 Viewers)

Does MJ ever get pics taken of her? How is she with the rest of the family? Does she let anyone else pet/hold her?

Colleen, I, and the three kids can all hold/pet her. Pretty much nobody else. When we first took her from Ali it took about 6 months of living with her before she would trust me. Even longer for Jake.

Daisy RIP 2/18. 14 years 11 months.

0E14228A-D00C-4B37-B035-48AEAC4B5389.jpeg
977A089D-C8BB-45D0-99F2-5E8D2D947BCA.jpeg

Dozer Jr...comes home on the 29th!View attachment 201027

God made Labrador puppies so damn cute to dissuade you from murdering them during their youth. Prepare for a difficult two years. After that you will have a perfect dog. Enjoy. As I write this one of labs in sleeping in my nook licking my feet and the other is snoring like a fat bastard on my other couch. God I love em.

Not my 1st! 3 awesome weeks and crate training equals an awesome pup. One of the bennies of being my own boss.

The two newest additions to our family are a pair of Bengal kittens. The orange one is Yuki and the silver one is Love. You can see how much they love each other in picture 2 where they clean each others bits and pieces.
20180902_144227.jpg

20180916_031743.jpg

20180901_141820.jpg

20180901_142208.jpg
20180903_175854.jpg

We also adopted a 7 year old Devon Rex named Lark.
Resized952018081995161131951771.jpg

20180903_222539.jpg

Sadly Potter our sphynx passed away last week. He was only 12. Very tough decision.
Potter can be seen in post 231.

I just can't even wait until this little thing gets here. I adopted her from a shelter in Texas this past weekend, and she is waiting for the next West Coast transport van out of Corpus Christi...should be here in about 2 weeks. Isn't she the cutest? I've been without a dog for about 14 months. Dogs are my favorite thing in life. I CAN'T WAIT to meet her!! She's about 11 weeks old now. She's a Black Mouth Cur mix. I also attached a photo of her mom.

dolly.jpg
dolly2.jpg
princess1.jpg

Very cute! Lambeau (pictured below) is a 1-year Cur mix. He's very handsome, with a great disposition towards dogs and humans.

Curs make great companions, but need a lot of exercise. Lambeau comes to Doggy Playschool twice a week.

20181009_074230.jpg

Lambeau is adorable! Just about every resource I can find with information about the Cur, indicates that they need a lot of exercise. This makes me a smidge nervous. Fingers crossed that I can keep up!

Lambeau is adorable! Just about every resource I can find with information about the Cur, indicates that they need a lot of exercise. This makes me a smidge nervous. Fingers crossed that I can keep up!
Get a chuk-it and teach him to fetch. That'll wear out any dog.

^^ Absolutely correct. Sound strategy that we use for both of our large pit bull mixes. Works wonders; a tired dog is a good dog. :)

Our only issue is ball compulsive behavior -- they both LIVE to play ball. Everything else is secondary, even eating.

It's hilarious to offer Luke a ball and a treat simultaneously, and watch him try to figure out how to manage getting both at the same time. Always goes for the ball first, then usually tosses it with his mouth towards the treat and attempts to gather up both in one swoop. :D

A tumour on her liver means our snaggle-toothed Kiera is leaving us tonight. With losing Sita earlier this year, this is a tough pill to swallow, particularly as our little girl is barely over a decade old. Sita, at least, was well into her senior years.
Keira1.jpg

A tumour on her liver means our snaggle-toothed Kiera is leaving us tonight. With losing Sita earlier this year, this is a tough pill to swallow, particularly as our little girl is barely over a decade old. Sita, at least, was well into her senior years.View attachment 208791
Very sorry to hear. RIP Kiera, long before your time should have been up.

A few years ago, we lost our beloved feline Peabody at the early age of just 10 to a sudden massive heart attack. Was running around normally playing with one of the dogs, let out a screech, and dead with minutes. Way too young for an otherwise apparently healthy cat. Our hearts go out to you and the family.

On Sunday night, after coming inside for the night, Rio's back legs appeared to go limp. He couldn't walk, couldn't re-situate himself after we got him onto his bed, and was vocalizing his discomfort - something he had rarely, if ever, done before.

We called the emergency clinic and they recommended we bring him in. We wrapped him in his blanket and got him in the car.

We were greeted by the wonderful staff and they took him back to do their exam. After what felt like an eternity the vet came out and immediately sat down next to us. She said his rear legs were un-responsive to stimulus and that his rear half was essentially paralyzed, consistent with a severe/catastrophic neurological event. She said this could be a completely slipped disc, hemorrhaged blood vessel, tumor, or something else.

She said we would need an MRI and/or CT scan to diagnose and surgery would be likely - but even this would likely result in only a 10% chance in function returning.

At his annual check up earlier this year his regular vet advised against anesthesia due to his age and the trouble he had coming out of it the last time he had a procedure.

Thankfully the decision was easy. We spent a few minutes with him before calling the doctor back in the room. We watched her push the meds through his IV, put her scope on his chest and she told us "He's at peace."

As terrible as this entire situation has been, we are so thankful that both of us were home and able to be there for him when this happened.

We couldn't have asked for a better dog. He was absolutely perfect for us and our hearts are broken.

Rest easy, Rio.

rio.jpg

On Sunday night, after coming inside for the night, Rio's back legs appeared to go limp. He couldn't walk, couldn't re-situate himself after we got him onto his bed, and was vocalizing his discomfort - something he had rarely, if ever, done before.

We called the emergency clinic and they recommended we bring him in. We wrapped him in his blanket and got him in the car.

We were greeted by the wonderful staff and they took him back to do their exam. After what felt like an eternity the vet came out and immediately sat down next to us. She said his rear legs were un-responsive to stimulus and that his rear half was essentially paralyzed, consistent with a severe/catastrophic neurological event. She said this could be a completely slipped disc, hemorrhaged blood vessel, tumor, or something else.

She said we would need an MRI and/or CT scan to diagnose and surgery would be likely - but even this would likely result in only a 10% chance in function returning.

At his annual check up earlier this year his regular vet advised against anesthesia due to his age and the trouble he had coming out of it the last time he had a procedure.

Thankfully the decision was easy. We spent a few minutes with him before calling the doctor back in the room. We watched her push the meds through his IV, put her scope on his chest and she told us "He's at peace."

As terrible as this entire situation has been, we are so thankful that both of us were home and able to be there for him when this happened.

We couldn't have asked for a better dog. He was absolutely perfect for us and our hearts are broken.

Rest easy, Rio.

View attachment 209028
Awww, sorry for your loss, that’s always so tough :(

Rest easy, Rio.

View attachment 209028
I'm sorry man. He looks a whole lot like my Dexter dog who is turning 10 in January. Unfortunately, there is only one pet that you don't outlive, and that's your last one. It sounds like you guys had a great run with this guy.

Rest easy, Rio.

View attachment 209028
Sorry to hear that! RIP Rio!

I just found this looking to see cute kitties and pups, and post a pic.
Sorry to all those that lost a loved one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom