Pets (8 Viewers)

E65A7727-6B75-406F-B627-F8033541BEFE.jpeg
This morning was rough for the wife and I. We had to say goodbye to our little girl, Misty. She was almost 17 years old. My wife had her since she was a Senior in HS. Misty was well loved, and we miss her like crazy already. RIP, little girl!
(Stock photo of Misty and me;)).

View attachment 160338 This morning was rough for the wife and I. We had to say goodbye to our little girl, Misty. She was almost 17 years old. My wife had her since she was a Senior in HS. Misty was well loved, and we miss her like crazy already. RIP, little girl!

Never considered myself a cat person, then we had 2 for 18 years.... both gone last winter and still miss them.

Sorry for your loss.

We lost our 12 year old Yellow lab last September to kidney failure. We were lucky to get Chappy in December. He's gonna be a tank. 5 1/2 months old and 55 lbs. He is in love with his big sister Aussie mix and the wife thinks he's got championship 'show-dog' potential. We shall see, he is enrolled in an AKC canine 'good citizen' course and his first dog competition as a puppy is on the 24th at the Raleigh-Durham Specialty.

The wife fired up an instagram page too. Please follow and support! https://www.instagram.com/chappythelab/

Chappy and Jane.jpg

View attachment 160338 This morning was rough for the wife and I. We had to say goodbye to our little girl, Misty. She was almost 17 years old. My wife had her since she was a Senior in HS. Misty was well loved, and we miss her like crazy already. RIP, little girl!

Dude, that fucking sucks man! So, so sorry for your loss Andy... RIP Misty...

We have two dogs - Australian shepherd (rescue), beagle (inherited dumb fucker (rescue too)) - both girls. Australian is the smartest dog I've ever owned, neurotic and super smart.

Also have a pallid blue quaker parrot (says about 60 things...and does talk in context quite often). Also Kevin, our red footed tortoise - got him at about 12 ounces three years ago now he's over 5 lbs... another 45 years to go.... Supposed to top out at 25 lbs. Kevin is a beggar, when he smells cooking he bangs on his enclosure, basically a rock with legs that eats.

This thing is in my house. It consumes food, destroys objects, and gives little back but indifference:

Cat1.jpg

She's about 9 months now. Lots of fun. Just have to keep her clawing her carpeted post instead of my couch.

Last edited:
What a rough Monday.

I open the door for the UPS guy, my 3 Bostons rush him. 2 slip on ice: 1 completely rips his nail, another takes a tumble and vet thinks she hurt her back.

Fast forward a bit and one had his nail removed by vet, both are stoned. The 3rd is asking where they hid the stash. Total cost: 2 or 3 racks of chips.

This pic is like 2 hours ago. He's snoring now. No longer looks comatose, just tired lol.

20180319_124122.jpg

This is Daddy’s girl!
Find me in a puddle of tears when she departs! ... nine and young!

What breed is she, mate? My mother has a 9 year old Cavoodle and he looks quite similar (he's far bigger than most Cavoodles I've seen). The most lovely dog I've ever known.

She is a ninth generation Australian Labradoodle. Her breeder gifted her to us after our sons first dog (same breeder) was struck by a car at nine months. Kish means, "gift" and that is truly what she has been. Stupid how attached you can become! If I had a little more cash in the bank I would not hesitate to be that crazy guy and have her cloned! Thank you for the kind words... she is simply an amazing girl.

D71C20D3-A570-45B9-B686-0B5B3AE9CF8B.jpeg
This thread needs a bump! Today the wife and I adopted a four-year old Tortie!

We were visiting my wife’s cousins near downtown, a little over a week ago. We were leaving their condo, and when we turned the corner, I noticed something moving across the street. As soon as I recognized it as a cat, I told my wife “Look a little cat!”. The cat sees us and makes a beeline towards us from across the street! She starts rubbing against our legs, trying to get our attention, and we could tell that she’s seemed to be lost, skittish, and that she’s not used to being out after dark. No collar. She was so sweet and attentive that we could not leave her on the street for the night. We called her cousins to meet us on the street and they took her for the night. The next day, they took her to a well-known (and no kill), local shelter. No microchip, but she is spayed, so she belonged to someone, at some point.
Her cousins also posted her info on NextDoor.

Fast forward a week. No one has contacted the shelter or my wife’s cousins. Her cousins already have two cats and couldn’t keep her. They thought they had another potential home lined up, but that falls through. They contact us to let us know, if we’re interested, that the shelter is going to put her up for adoption soon. We go visit her, and we just can’t leave her a second time.

Unfortunately, someone had shot her once before, as she has a BB/pellet behind her left shoulder.:( We are going to have adapt her slowly to our house, as we already have one cat.

Introducing Penelope aka “Pennie”

“See a Pennie, pick her up, and all your days have good luck!”

I'll play.

These are our boys. the bigger one is our oldest boy who is 10 years old and the younger one is his new little brother that is now 16 weeks.

My friends cat had a litter and with our old boy getting up there in age we thought a younger play buddy might put some spry back into his step, in which we were correct. He has a new wave of youth about him that makes me very happy to see at his age.

My boys are the reason my eventual custom chip set and group name will be the "Fat Cat Poker Room" or "Fat Cat Poker Club". Haven't decided yet, still plenty of time. But I plan to have the graphic of my cash set be modeled after one cat and my tourney set graphic to be modeled after the other (eye color difference).

Forgive the laundry on the floor in the second pic; we specifically leave dirty laundry out because our old boy likes to root and nest and make a bed in dirty jeans. :p

0614182154a.jpg

0619181606a.jpg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom