PCF Shows (2 Viewers)

Holy shit, just googled and Ralph is actually older than the guy who played Terry Silver by a year!

cobra.jpg

On my son’s recommendation, we started watching Wayne on Amazon Prime. Absolutely fantastic! Heartbreaking, sometimes brutal, often very funny, and tender. I highly recommend it. One of my favorite shows I’ve watched.
View attachment 575377

This has been on my list of shows to watch since it came out. We finally started it last night. Three episodes in and were hooked. The two main characters have a fun chemistry. I like that pretty much everyone on the show is a little messed up in the head lol

Just started Resident Alien. Really enjoying it. Dang, Tudyk is funny!

HIGHLY recommend this. My wife and I were fans of him from the Firefly days

Hilarious show, even the changing opening diagrams on what you should and shouldn't do as an alien disguised as a human are refreshing every episode

Mr Inbetween is a solid watch for anyone looking for a new show. Episodes are nice and tight at well under 30 mins if you watch without ads.

Show is currently in its third and final season now. I believe it is on FX in USA for those that prefer watching legally.

The show reminds me of Barry but with slightly more heavy and dark vibes ala Breaking Bad.

Mr Inbetween is a solid watch for anyone looking for a new show. Episodes are nice and tight at well under 30 mins if you watch without ads.

Show is currently in its third and final season now. I believe it is on FX in USA for those that prefer watching legally.

The show reminds me of Barry but with slightly more heavy and dark vibes ala Breaking Bad.

I love Barry. If this is available to me I'll give it a shot

Miracle Workers is coming back July 13th I believe. It's got Daniel Radcliffe and Steve Buscemi. My wife and I have enjoyed the first few wacky seasons of this show, looking forward to the next twist.

I love Barry. If this is available to me I'll give it a shot
Barry is one of my favorites. Bill Hader is so freaking good. So many good characters on there.

Also, I'm getting into Loki right now. Not a typical Marvel release, but very good.

Only Murders in the Building on Hulu is terrific!
1631991574366.jpeg

Oh good grief, they're rebooting Babylon 5 on The CW. prepare for a bunch of teeny-boppers with no acting skills who discuss SJW topics ad nauseum
The original was amazing, this is going to be straight garbage

https://www.thewrap.com/babylon-5-r...9hZNe4zKYpZYVLIIebrhO4pzCTECGlefdPfBcIMQf_2T0
Respectfully disagree.

The original cast wasn't exactly a veritable pantheon of acting talent. Michael O'Hare? Mira Furlan? The "Big names" in the series were Billy Mumy (William, Lost in Space) and Jeff Conway (Bobby Wheeler, Taxi). I mean, you could have done auditions at a community college theatre and gotten the same quality of cast.

B5 started notoriously slow. The first season put off all but the most die-hard fans (including me). In time I think it grew to be one of the greatest serials ever on network TV - despite a shit-ton of near-cancellations, network hopping, and terrible time slots (3 am, in a day/time where streaming was not an option) and a cast of unknowns. If Straczynski is not saddled with constant looming cancellations and weird-ass timeblocks, I think the show and story could be told properly.

My only fear is that I know the story. The story-arc was epic, but going over it again it may lose it's surprise factor. I mean, I know what is out on the rim. I know why the technomages gathered. I know what Londo's visions foretell. Can the story be retold and still be as compelling?

Respectfully disagree.

The original cast wasn't exactly a veritable pantheon of acting talent. Michael O'Hare? Mira Furlan? The "Big names" in the series were Billy Mumy (William, Lost in Space) and Jeff Conway (Bobby Wheeler, Taxi). I mean, you could have done auditions at a community college theatre and gotten the same quality of cast.

B5 started notoriously slow. The first season put off all but the most die-hard fans (including me). In time I think it grew to be one of the greatest serials ever on network TV - despite a shit-ton of near-cancellations, network hopping, and terrible time slots (3 am, in a day/time where streaming was not an option) and a cast of unknowns. If Straczynski is not saddled with constant looming cancellations and weird-ass timeblocks, I think the show and story could be told properly.

My only fear is that I know the story. The story-arc was epic, but going over it again it may lose it's surprise factor. I mean, I know what is out on the rim. I know why the technomages gathered. I know what Londo's visions foretell. Can the story be retold and still be as compelling?

I came into the series past season 1. After going back and watching the entire series I'm glad I didn't start in season 1, I likely never would've made it to the future better seasons

Londo and G'Kar were my favorites by far.

Ater 11 years ...."
‘Law & Order’ Revived By NBC For Season 21 From Dick Wolf & Rick Eid
By Nellie Andreeva, Deadline.com - Sep. 28, 2021

"Eleven and a half years after NBC abruptly canceled Law & Order, denying its shot at making TV history, the network is bringing back Dick Wolf’s Emmy-winning series for a new season, its 21st.

NBC has greenlighted a new installment of Law & Order, from Wolf and writer-showrunner Rick Eid, which will continue the classic bifurcated format and will once again examine “the police who investigate crime and the district attorneys who prosecute the offenders.”

There is no cast set but the new season is expected to feature beloved characters from the original series, with Sam Waterson’s Jack McCoy believed to be at the top of the wish list. The producers from Universal Television and Wolf Entertainment are expected to reach out to former cast member shortly about coming back....."

Ater 11 years ...."
‘Law & Order’ Revived By NBC For Season 21 From Dick Wolf & Rick Eid
By Nellie Andreeva, Deadline.com - Sep. 28, 2021

"Eleven and a half years after NBC abruptly canceled Law & Order, denying its shot at making TV history, the network is bringing back Dick Wolf’s Emmy-winning series for a new season, its 21st.

NBC has greenlighted a new installment of Law & Order, from Wolf and writer-showrunner Rick Eid, which will continue the classic bifurcated format and will once again examine “the police who investigate crime and the district attorneys who prosecute the offenders.”

There is no cast set but the new season is expected to feature beloved characters from the original series, with Sam Waterson’s Jack McCoy believed to be at the top of the wish list. The producers from Universal Television and Wolf Entertainment are expected to reach out to former cast member shortly about coming back....."
$100 to anyone that read this story and didn't hear...

Jenn and I just finished Netflix's SquidGame series. It was enjoyable and seems to have taken off like wildfire, although a couple of the hidden villains (the frontman and the guy really in charge) seemed pretty obvious to figure out.

Here's how we think season 2 will be handled:

Jenn and I both think the next part of the series we'll find out the Korean Police Officer didn't die and he'll team up with the winner of the most recent game to try and take them down

Plus a characters death during an episode was foreshadowed once they started giving their backstory (a common trope).

Kinda reminded me of that scene from Black Dynamite...........who saw that coming, err...who saw where that came from?

Jenn and I are on the final season of The West Wing (we had never watched it when it originally aired) and just saw the episode with the debate between Alan Alda and Jimmy Smits.

My god what a brilliantly done episode. The actors stumble over their words, they move away from the mics, the audience gets out of control and has to be quieted by the moderator, etc. It just felt so real and raw, the camera angles, everything about it. And we really enjoyed how they allow both political sides of the debate to make valid points, rather than being a one-sided affair.

This is an eye-opening thread for me to read, because we don't watch *any* series, comedy or drama, on TV at all, and haven't for at least 25 years.

The last series I remember watching was the first (5?) years of South Park, and before that, the first 5 years of Hill Street Blues (pre Dennis Franz).

Sports, music, interviews (i.e., Dan Rather), and cooking, that's all we have time for. And even cooking shows have died off in recent years, with ignorant pieces of s**t like Guy Fieri taking over.

This is an eye-opening thread for me to read, because we don't watch *any* series, comedy or drama, on TV at all, and haven't for at least 25 years.

The last series I remember watching was the first (5?) years of South Park, and before that, the first 5 years of Hill Street Blues (pre Dennis Franz).

Sports, music, interviews (i.e., Dan Rather), and cooking, that's all we have time for. And even cooking shows have died off in recent years, with ignorant pieces of s**t like Guy Fieri taking over.
Yes, cooking shows suck horribly now. The same cookie cutter "competition" format. :mad:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom