PCF Shows (3 Viewers)

Watching Patriot on Amazon prime right now. strange, smart, and sad, and IMO, one of the funniest shows ever made.
1584930746949.png

I've been watching Ozark on Netflix during the pandemic. It's pretty good, basically Breaking Bad with different criminals, but it's decent.
And Laura Linney annoys me (not sure why really, I blame her role in 'Love Actually', but I digress), but she is good in this.

I tried watching The Wire recently at work. Nobody really got into it. I think it may have been great back in the day, but by today's standards, it's basically kid's tv programming.

I tried watching The Wire recently at work. Nobody really got into it. I think it may have been great back in the day, but by today's standards, it's basically kid's tv programming.
Yeah, you've really got to watch it in the context of what was happening after 9/11 regarding the focus of law enforcement (focused more on terrorism rather than gangs and drugs). The technology used in the show is laughable now. But the stories and the acting are so good. My wife is a teacher in a rough neighborhood. Season 4 was hard to watch, because she knows so many kids in those exact situations.

I watched 2 seasons before I got bored.

"Dead Too Me" netflix show just dropped season 2. We really enjoyed S1. Looking forward to starting this tomorrow.

I've been watching Arrested Development. Talk about "ahead of it's time", when the crooked real estate development company decides to build a wall on the Mexican border for a right-wing politician...

Imagine a right wing politician that owned a real estate development company - I bet he would want to build a wall...

Just wrapped S2 of Jack Ryan on Amazon. It had the feel of the Clear and Present danger book in the series, but more timely, and re-imagined so it didn't feel derivative.

If a show is on HBO or Showtime, I will give it a shot. Really enjoyed the first episode of Lovecraft Country, looking forward to episode 2 tonight.

Just finished Fortitude S1 on prime. Enjoyed it a lot.
on cbs all access
Star Trek discovery is awesome
Picard is good not great. Don’t like how they turned him super sensitive
Star Trek below decks ok first episode. Not sure how much I will get into it
Enjoyed the show Evil
Apple TV plus (greyhound is awesome but will mention it in movie area)
Wife really enjoyed the morning show. It was alright for me
Enjoy first set of episodes of Ted Lasso

Enjoyed the first season of Star Trek Discovery but then got tired of it after that.

Picard hooked us early which was a surprise, but faltered a bit later on.

Below Decks has been enjoyable, although my wife hated the first episode because she is DEATHLY terrified of spiders

We've enjoyed Umbrella Academy, although not a fan of Ellen Page, she just lacks any emotional depth as an actress and is the weak point in the show for us. The kid playing Five is fantastic and has become our favorite, with Klaus in 2nd place.

The short series Die Hart on Quibi with Kevin Hart wanting to become an action hero was surprisingly good, and is available in easily digestible episodes under 10 minutes in length

Watching the series High Score on Netflix which showcases gaming from the Atari and arcade days onward and has been a fun trip down nostalgia lane.

I had never seen The West Wing, but we're fans of Dule Hill from his time on Psych. And really enjoying West Wing despite thinking it wasn't a show I would really get into. The guy playing Leo always has us in stitches.

Watched so, episode of The Boys on Amazon. Solid start to the new season
I’m annoyed that they are following the trend of releasing an episode a week. I’ve been spoiled by binge watching. I was hoping to watch the whole season this weekend because the first three episodes they dropped were great and I have time this weekend.

I understand why a streaming service would make the choice for a weekly release but I still don’t like it.

I’m annoyed that they are following the trend of releasing an episode a week. I’ve been spoiled by binge watching. I was hoping to watch the whole season this weekend because the first three episodes they dropped were great and I have time this weekend.

I understand why a streaming service would make the choice for a weekly release but I still don’t like it.

They released the first three episodes. Then it moves to one a week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom