PCF Shows (2 Viewers)

Jenn and I are enjoying the return of Better Call Saul and Stranger Things as new shows in rotation. Looking forward to Amazon's The Boys returning soon as well.

Also, we're working our way through the old sitcom Just Shoot Me. Weirdly enough, just a little bit ago we saw a multi-episode arc where the recently passed Ray Liotta plays an over-the-top version of himself, obsessed with Christmas. It was really fun to see him poking fun at "himself", similar to how James Van Der Beek played an over-the-top version of himself in The B* in Apartment 23 or Neil Patrick Harris in the Howard & Kumar movies.

Just binged all 6 episodes of Shoresy, if you enjoy Letterkenny you’ll probably really like Shoresy, it was really well done.
You think I will like it?
Huh?

(I loved it. Binged it again after watching the previous 4 episodes. I'll admit there were tears at the end. And I bought a Costco size box of Drumsticks.)

Yep. Tehran had a solid first season but I'm not as impressed with S2 so far. But overall it's a definite thumbs up from me.

Agreed. Season 1 was pretty decent, season 2 for me is almost unwatchable and I'm almost giving up on it.

Hard pass on Killing Eve S4. Damn that show went downhill fast after Phoebe Waller-Bridge left.

Watched Season 4 but frankly I regret it.

Anyone else been watching The Old Man on FX? Just happen to catch the first episode and been hooked ever since. I think it streams on Hulu, but I am old school and my DVR records it on FX every week.

the-old-man.jpg

Anyone else been watching The Old Man on FX? Just happen to catch the first episode and been hooked ever since. I think it streams on Hulu, but I am old school and my DVR records it on FX every week.

the-old-man.jpg

I'm two episodes in and I love it!

Watched the first episode of season 3 of the boys last night. My takeaway is that you never sneeze while inside a penis.

Such a great show, looking forward to getting through season 3.

Watched the first episode of season 3 of the boys last night. My takeaway is that you never sneeze while inside a penis.

Such a great show, looking forward to getting through season 3.

Really enjoyed season 3 although felt that the finale was a bit of a letdown. I won't get into my critiques since you're just diving into it, but there are a number of things over the course of the season I felt could've been done better.

Still enjoyed the ride at least. Antony Starr as Homelander is positively brilliant in the role.

So the She Hulk tv series caught a lot of flack, even I was against it based on what I had seen in the trailers as it just looked bad.

But just finished watching the entire first season and have to say I really enjoyed it. Yes the CGI at times is uneven, but overall the show doesn't take itself too seriously and has lots of fun. Has the comedy of Guardians of the Galaxy meshed with the 4th-wall breaking of Deadpool.

Looking forward to what season 2 has to offer

Who is watching Andor? It has been really good, "The Eye" especially was a thriller for sure. Nice to see a Star Wars show with stakes/a bodycount other than redshirts/NPCs.

Other things we've been watching/watched lately that I'd recommend:
  • Stath Lets Flats (quirky British comedy)
  • Resident Alien (fish out of water type story)
  • Ghosts (UK Version, USA version is also watchable)
  • Wellington Paranormal (NZ spin off of What We Do In The Shadows [film] characters)
  • Severance (late to that one, what a show!)
  • We are Lady Parts
  • Only Murders in the Building
  • Reservation Dogs
  • The Bear
House of the Dragon and The Patient are both in the hopper, and looking forward to UK Top Gear, and The White Lotus S2.

Who is watching Andor?

I love it. It started out strong, and has stayed that way!
  • Stath Lets Flats (quirky British comedy)
  • Resident Alien (fish out of water type story)
  • Ghosts (UK Version, USA version is also watchable)
  • Wellington Paranormal (NZ spin off of What We Do In The Shadows [film] characters)
  • Severance (late to that one, what a show!)
  • We are Lady Parts
  • Only Murders in the Building
  • Reservation Dogs
  • The Bear

I am not familiar with a single one of these shows. We recently got Apple +. Severance is on my short list.

House of the Dragon

I'm bored with it. I'm only finished the season because my wife loves the show.

I'm bored with it. I'm only finished the season because my wife loves the show.
If you enjoyed the last ~20 minutes of the finale, that is more akin to how things will be going forward. This was all the backstory, to the extent that HBO originally wanted to basically start the show
around the time the king dies.

Who is watching Andor? It has been really good, "The Eye" especially was a thriller for sure. Nice to see a Star Wars show with stakes/a bodycount other than redshirts/NPCs.

Andor is fantastic and it's great to see the more "gritty" side of Star Wars. The only criticism I have is how short some of the episodes seem. Overall I have been pretty happy with all of the Disney Star Wars streaming shows.

If you enjoyed the last ~20 minutes of the finale, that is more akin to how things will be going forward. This was all the backstory, to the extent that HBO originally wanted to basically start the show
around the time the king dies.
It definitely scratched the GOT itch for me. I watched the whole season and will for sure watch the next one. Ring of Power is up next in my que.

Anyone watching the series Kaleidoscope on Netflix?
It's a heist drama with 8 episodes, the first 7 of which you can watch in any order.
Depending on which order you choose, the story will have different twists. Apparently, you can watch it in chronological order, “Violet,” “Green,” “Yellow,” “Orange,” “Blue,” “Red,” “Pink,” “White”...but that is not the best experience.
I read that a interesting order is, “Yellow,” “Violet,” “Orange,” “Green,” “Blue,” “Red,” “Pink,” “White”...which is the order I'm using.

Very interesting gimmick for a show, hope it is worth it.

Is anyone watching George and Tammy on Showtime? Brilliant casting and acting. It’s kinda dark as it progresses. It’s like a trainwreck that you can’t help but watch.

I am royally pissed at Netflix, which has yet to post Season 4 of the best series of the past five years (IMHO) — Babylon Berlin.

Normally, it airs in Europe first, then in America a few weeks after the season wraps up abroad.

But though BBs4 finished in Europe more than two months ago, it has not turned up on Netflix, and they have made zero announcements about when it will.

Netflix is effectively daring/inviting fans to pirate the season.

Taskmaster: good lord is this show funny.

First 12 Series are available on YouTube. If you watch these first two episodes, you’ll have seen enough to decide if you’re in or not. This show has me in tears on a regular basis.

Pretty late to the party but I just finished watching Better call Saul. Have been a bit reluctant since I didn’t enjoy Breaking bad as much as seemingly everyone else, but I really liked this one. To me it’s a lot better than Breaking bad.

I am also completely hooked on Shameless about five seasons in (the US version). Great characters and hilarious script, gotta love William H Macy’s Frank Gallagher!

Watching Outlander and A handmaid’s tale with the wife. Both have deteriorated from being excellent the first few seasons going to outright boring. Most recent seasons of both are promising so far though.

Pretty late to the party but I just finished watching Better call Saul. Have been a bit reluctant since I didn’t enjoy Breaking bad as much as seemingly everyone else, but I really liked this one. To me it’s a lot better than Breaking bad.

I am also completely hooked on Shameless about five seasons in (the US version). Great characters and hilarious script, gotta love William H Macy’s Frank Gallagher!

Watching Outlander and A handmaid’s tale with the wife. Both have deteriorated from being excellent the first few seasons going to outright boring. Most recent seasons of both are promising so far though.

Really enjoyed Saul. We started Shameless and I'm not sure when we gave it up, but sometime after EVERYONE was trying to fuck EVERYONE from the shameless household.

For some reason lesbians were all into Debbie, and then that Helen Hunt-looking doctor chick was banging Frank, cause, uh......reasons I guess? Just went a little too far off the rails for our tastes and we tuned out.

Really enjoyed Saul. We started Shameless and I'm not sure when we gave it up, but sometime after EVERYONE was trying to fuck EVERYONE from the shameless household.

For some reason lesbians were all into Debbie, and then that Helen Hunt-looking doctor chick was banging Frank, cause, uh......reasons I guess? Just went a little too far off the rails for our tastes and we tuned out.
Sounds like you lasted a bit longer than where I am. I can definitely see how it can be too much. So far I’m good though

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom