PCF Shows (11 Viewers)

Without going back thru to see if it's mentioned....I am blown away by how many people have not watched Peaky Blinders. Pro tip: watch at least the first couple episodes with closed captioning on. I mean, they speak English, just not well.

Without going back thru to see if it's mentioned....I am blown away by how many people have not watched Peaky Blinders. Pro tip: watch at least the first couple episodes with closed captioning on. I mean, they speak English, just not well.
I’ve tried. Watched almost the entire first season but just can’t get into it.

Just watched the first episode of HBO's The Last of US and really enjoyed it. It had some discrepancies to overlook early on (like massive crowds out and about at 2am when the news was telling people to stay inside or whatever)

But overall the acting across multiple characters, including many side characters, was phenomenal. It's got a couple of Game of Thrones alum (the Dornish Prince and The Lady of Bear Island) as the main protagonists, and the detective from Fringe is definitely playing a very different character than we've seen from her before.

Never played the game but heard good things about the storyline, here's hoping they do it justice.

The Last of Us is currently 97% fresh on rotten tomatoes. Can't wait for it to start this Sunday. Big Pedro Pascal fan.

Just watched the first episode of HBO's The Last of US and really enjoyed it. It had some discrepancies to overlook early on (like massive crowds out and about at 2am when the news was telling people to stay inside or whatever)

But overall the acting across multiple characters, including many side characters, was phenomenal. It's got a couple of Game of Thrones alum (the Dornish Prince and The Lady of Bear Island) as the main protagonists, and the detective from Fringe is definitely playing a very different character than we've seen from her before.

Never played the game but heard good things about the storyline, here's hoping they do it justice.
So far the first two episodes have been very good, I am a sucker for apocalypse survival type shows. Hoping the The Last of US does not disappoint.

Getting into Marvelous Mrs Maisel. It’s great, and the actor playing Lenny Bruce is fantastic. But every episode I’m thinking, “who the fuck is watching the kids?!” I guess that’s how the 50s were… and why so many of my generation’s parents are screwed up boomers. ;)

I've loved the game and love the show. Ep 3 was amazing even if it didn't follow the game. Last of Us is awesome!

Lots of division online about Ep 3. Plenty of homophobes showing their colors, plenty on the other side who absolutely loved it. It was obvious they were trying to paint the picture that despite the apocalypse you can still find something or someone to care about in a world gone to shit, showing the relationship that will develop between the two main characters.

But I do feel the focus on secondary characters was a bit long in the tooth. They could've delivered the same message with a focus of 15-20 minutes on the side characters rather than what seemed like 90% of the episode while sidelining the main protagonists except for a few scenes.

I've loved the game and love the show. Ep 3 was amazing even if it didn't follow the game. Last of Us is awesome!
Lots of division online about Ep 3. Plenty of homophobes showing their colors, plenty on the other side who absolutely loved it. It was obvious they were trying to paint the picture that despite the apocalypse you can still find something or someone to care about in a world gone to shit, showing the relationship that will develop between the two main characters.

But I do feel the focus on secondary characters was a bit long in the tooth. They could've delivered the same message with a focus of 15-20 minutes on the side characters rather than what seemed like 90% of the episode while sidelining the main protagonists except for a few scenes.
It did seem a little long on the secondary characters, but I think by doing Ep 3 the way they did they are helping set us up for more flashbacks.

I didnt catch anyone make mention of Poker Face. The first four episodes have been released and few shows could seem better suited for the PCF audience. It stars Natasha Leone and is directed and mostly written by Rian Johnson. If you’re on the older side and enjoyed Colombo it’ll feel particularly familiar.

Episode 1 has everything a poker player could want.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14269590/

I didnt catch anyone make mention of Poker Face. The first four episodes have been released and few shows could seem better suited for the PCF audience. It stars Natasha Leone and is directed and mostly written by Rian Johnson. If you’re on the older side and enjoyed Colombo it’ll feel particularly familiar.

I watched Ep 1 the other night, and I agree - it really had a "Columbo" feel to it, but with a broader story arc.

I put it on my "to watch" list, but I really hate watching just 4 episodes. By the time they drop the rest, I've forgotten what was going on in the first 4.

So far with Poker Face, all 4 episodes have almost the same story, with different characters/locations. It's going to get tired real fast if it's just the "same story/different town" kind of show.

Anyone watching Servant (apple original)? It's co-produced by M. Night Shyamalan.
I'm about 5 episodes in....wow, this show just gets weirder and weirder.

I watched Ep 1 the other night, and I agree - it really had a "Columbo" feel to it, but with a broader story arc.

I put it on my "to watch" list, but I really hate watching just 4 episodes. By the time they drop the rest, I've forgotten what was going on in the first 4.
Poker Face has been really fun. I'm enjoying it and I get a laugh out of the way they handwave the mobsters coming after her, or don't even address it in some episodes.

Calling it right now, the Grannies vs Charlie fight will be the fight scene of the year.
So far with Poker Face, all 4 episodes have almost the same story, with different characters/locations. It's going to get tired real fast if it's just the "same story/different town" kind of show.
I'm of the other opinion. Really liking the case of the week format. Each episode is like a mini Knives Out or Glass Onion.

Cunk on Earth: Dumb, super funny tongue in cheek history of the world. Titan 1C joke had me in tears.

Taskmaster: good lord is this show funny.

First 12 Series are available on YouTube. If you watch these first two episodes, you’ll have seen enough to decide if you’re in or not. This show has me in tears on a regular basis.

Thanks for this one. Mrs Zombie and I are now up to season 4 - it has become our binge-watch for light evening fare. The only downside is I find myself humming the theme as I go to bed at night.

During the tail end of the pandemic, I watched all of the Station Eleven series:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...-16/station-eleven-hbo-max-shakespeare-review

It’s about a (mostly unexplained) apocalyptic event, following a variety of characters around as they try to navigate the disaster during both its immediate aftermath and decades later. It’s pretty intense and also quirky, at times creepy... but I thought well worth the time investment. Not at all your typical post-apocalyptic show.

Last edited:
... Anyway ... These days my other half and I waste a *lot* of time looking for something to watch. We scroll around Netflix, Amazon Prime and HBO (now Max). More often than not, we give up and just listen to music instead.

Part of this is that we kind of exhausted a lot of the obvious shows and movies during the pandemic. If I had time, I might scroll through this whole thread and try to make a list of stuff we haven't seen. Would love it if there was a non-cumbersome way to have people add to and then vote on such a list.

Anyone a fan of The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs?
I cannot understand the appeal of this show. Yet, it commands an eye-popping 9.5/10 on IMDB, which is a massively high rating.
In each episode, he has a molologue before each double-feature bad (I mean bad) horror film.

Please explain the draw...I get the allure of cheap horror films, but a 9.5/10?
I don't get it.

Anyone else watching Daybreak on Netflix? Comedic post-apocalyptic/zombie show where all the adults have gone zombie/cannibal and the kids were unaffected after a nuclear explosion.

Has Matthew Broderick in it and the series has some Ferris Bueller vibes to it.

daybreak.png

I finally finished Better Call Saul's last season a couple weeks ago on Netflix. The series worked great when the parallel narratives occasionally crossed paths (i.e. the great climax of the first half of the last season). But when you take the whole show's premise of dual arcs and just continue on for the finale with just Saul / Gene, it just fell flat.

After it was all said and done, I could not have given less of a shit for the last 4 episodes after the cartel stories are done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom