PCF Shows (22 Viewers)

Currently watching the final series of Jack Ryan — one of the better ones from the entire lineup.

Also just finished watching Traitors Australia on BBC iPlayer; would thoroughly recommend the Aus and UK versions.

I’m watching ”The Boys” right now on Prime. Loving it after one season. I didn’t care about it when it was new (”really? Another super hero thing?”), but clearly I was too quick in dismissing it. So, bump for other skeptics out there.

Anyone a fan of The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs?
I cannot understand the appeal of this show. Yet, it commands an eye-popping 9.5/10 on IMDB, which is a massively high rating.
In each episode, he has a molologue before each double-feature bad (I mean bad) horror film.

Please explain the draw...I get the allure of cheap horror films, but a 9.5/10?
I don't get it.
Joe Bob Briggs is a character with a massive cult following, particularly with those that lean toward the racist, misogynistic, anti-LQBTQ+ side of humor.

Most people will watch a few minutes and give up, not even bothering to rate it. Then there are the fans of his podcasts, TV series, and writing that simply cannot get enough.

The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs has been around since 2018, and has <2000 ratings. The short-lived LA to Vegas (only 1 season) had >5000 ratings. Take those barely-rated shows with a hefty grain of salt. I'd be willing to bet that a number of those ratings were made before the show even aired.

I’m watching ”The Boys” right now on Prime. Loving it after one season. I didn’t care about it when it was new (”really? Another super hero thing?”), but clearly I was too quick in dismissing it. So, bump for other skeptics out there.

Antony Starr as Homelander gets more brilliant with each season

5E021800-66DC-4595-B1C9-B1C7051FBC8A.jpeg

Finished the Gen V finale last night, so spoilers ahead if you haven't seen it:

1. How is polarities son taking full on punches from the kid who can put dents in steel doors with his fists and not showing a scratch and able to just scrap with him? You'd think at a minimum he'd get knocked unconscious from one hit, if not killed outright (after we've seen what his fists do to guards wearing full on helmets)

2. After Cate livestreams herself compelling that guy to blow his own head off, how in the hell can Vaught spin it to the public that she's the hero that stopped the massacre? It makes no fucking sense.

Plot holes abound in this series.

Finished the Gen V finale last night, so spoilers ahead if you haven't seen it:

1. How is polarities son taking full on punches from the kid who can put dents in steel doors with his fists and not showing a scratch and able to just scrap with him? You'd think at a minimum he'd get knocked unconscious from one hit, if not killed outright (after we've seen what his fists do to guards wearing full on helmets)

2. After Cate livestreams herself compelling that guy to blow his own head off, how in the hell can Vaught spin it to the public that she's the hero that stopped the massacre? It makes no fucking sense.

Plot holes abound in this series.
I gave up after an episode. Didn't like the the girl with the blood weapon lol. Kinda freaked me out. The Boys is great tho.

Last edited:
I did end up liking Gen V quite a bit - I’d say it was better than the average The Boys season, or at least for sure better than the most recent season (have not been a fan of the Temp V storyline).

Have also enjoyed the first half of the newest season of Invincible, and definitely look forward to the back half of that season next year.

So with those both out of the way, we’re now watching Blue Eye Samurai on Netflix, and while we’re only 3 episodes in, it has been really great so far. Just been a really awesome story that feels like it could fit in with the classic samurai genre, while still being a much more modern take on the story.

Anyone watch/watching the reality competition show Squid Games? I don't watch any other reality stuff but liked the original show so gave it a try and it paid off.

Anyone watch/watching the reality competition show Squid Games? I don't watch any other reality stuff but liked the original show so gave it a try and it paid off.

I enjoyed the original show up until the ending which just fell kinda flat, haven't seen the competition yet but it's on my list to check out.

Was hoping David Tennant returning as Dr Who would breathe life back into the series but the very first episode back they have him inquiring of an alien what its "preferred pronouns" were and I just can't stand the smash-you-over-the-head messages writers put into shows these days. There's an art to being subtle and it seems writers these days just lack it.

Gen V was decent, although I feel like the main character was the least likeable of them all, and the show pales in comparison to The Boys for me.

I'm hoping the new Fallout series being made will be good, big fan of Walton Goggins who plays a Ghoul in it.

I can’t bring myself to go anywhere near the reality show. It’s like… just far too many levels of irony that some Netflix execs saw the original show and were like “I know exactly how to make us more money with this idea.” It’s the classic Don’t Invent the Torment Nexus meme.

Last edited:
My wife and I have been binge watching Suits. Currently on Season 5. Love the show and can’t believe we never saw it before recently. I think it came out in 2011.

My wife and I have been binge watching Suits. Currently on Season 5. Love the show and can’t believe we never saw it before recently. I think it came out in 2011.
Like many shows, I tend to grow weary of it after a few seasons... maybe I'll revisit. Absolutely loved the 1st season though.

Suits was great for a while but definitely lost it. Very few shows will stay perfect through out all the seasons. Unless I’m forgetting some, I only have two examples of shows that I’ve loved from beginning to end (mini-series don’t count):

The Sopranos
Mad men

Shameless
came close, but there are some less than stellar parts in there.

We just finished "Lessons in Chemistry". Colleen and I both loved it!
I just got AppleTV+ and I’ve been meaning to check that one out. I started with the Morning show though, but it’s starting to feel a bit like a soap opera just a handful of eps in.

I just got AppleTV+ and I’ve been meaning to check that one out. I started with the Morning show though, but it’s starting to feel a bit like a soap opera just a handful of eps in.

It absolutely is a soap opera. I liked Seasons 1 and 2. I could have done without S3. Steve Carrols character story line is excellent. He crushes it.

Lasso and Shrinking are "MUST" watch Apple shows.

If you like sci-fi, there is a lot of options.

It absolutely is a soap opera. I liked Seasons 1 and 2. I could have done without S3. Steve Carrols character story line is excellent. He crushes it.

How was the plane hostage tv series/movie?

Thanks!

I know I'm way late to the party with this one but my wife and I just finished watching "The Expanse". We thought it was really good,

It's as if the show runners just decided to bluntly end all the storylines in the final season and cut it short a bunch of episodes. <teddy kgb voice> "I feel so unsatisfied..."

Suits was great for a while but definitely lost it. Very few shows will stay perfect through out all the seasons. Unless I’m forgetting some, I only have two examples of shows that I’ve loved from beginning to end (mini-series don’t count):

The Sopranos
Mad men

Shameless
came close, but there are some less than stellar parts in there.

Breaking Bad was amazing start to finish. One of the best series ever created.

Saw it too late. People around me hyped it way beyond what it could live up to. Still really enjoyed it, but wouldn’t say perfect. I actually liked Better call Saul more.

I enjoyed it a lot but later seasons got a bit wonky

Gus having a feeling something was off when they were gonna snipe him and magically avoiding it

Then Gus trying too hard to be even more sinister, to the point it felt forced/overacted, compared with prior seasons where he was brilliant

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom