PCF at the Movies (4 Viewers)

Went to see the Ray Harryhausen exhibit in Edinburgh today 40 years on from when my dad took me to see Clash of the Titans at the cinema. It was like being 7 years old again!!!

A168676C-611B-460F-BF38-A4530D6C01D0.jpeg
8C7FF3A6-C158-4271-96DC-22F93360B1CE.jpeg
4D3EA863-1F4E-4078-A7F0-F9847C07D436.jpeg
02E17C88-143E-4397-B3B8-8C251FED3DF5.jpeg
EC6A6602-BAEE-42C1-9DF4-C6E5E07B84A5.jpeg
78477B94-9075-4F86-ABB8-FC334F030734.jpeg
E867A4C4-3C3D-43C5-B094-E83B112B1703.jpeg
1A14F7F2-8E7D-40DE-BD0E-F6EC56160B95.jpeg
8CE14118-5607-4150-A34D-339DD6A88758.jpeg

Yeah I think so. He was addicted to the possibility of losing but was resourceful enough to always be able to get out of it. He pushed his limits financially and he still got out of it. It wasn’t enough so he had to up the stakes and gamble his life. More of a masochist than a gambler in some ways. I turned it on thinking I would just watch a little gritty 70s flick with a young Caan and fall asleep after 20 min but found myself staying up and watching the whole thing. No regrets. A classic gem in my book. Apparently Caan was addicted to cocaine during the filming. Young Paul Sorvino, Burt Young, and even a very young bit by James Woods!

We just watched "Greyhound" on Apple +. I really liked it. Its an action packed 90 minute movie.

Wow, 6 months without a post??? I guess unfortunately a reflection of the shit being churned out lately.....

I saw Guardians of the Galaxy 3 this weekend. GOTG is my favorite series in the MCU. This one definitely had a much different feel, crazy dark for a GOTG movie. It takes very flawed and relatable characters - all who already bring tons of baggage and scars into the team, and puts them through the meat grinder in ways that make you feel very uncomfortable - in a somewhat relatable way. Jam packed with plot (slightly overstuffed) and you're typical GOTG "out there" stuff, but imho worth the price of admission. The first is still my favorite (by quite a bit), but this is a proper send off. Not for the kiddies.

Just to back from it. Mild spoilers, so click to read.

I just got back from it. Thoroughly enjoyed. Blown away that they managed to bring the High Evolutionary and New Men to life without it feeling campy. I mean, Rocket's friends... They had so much potential to look like Toy Story rejects from the neighbor's yard. And yet they pulled it off and made you care about them. Had me laughing, and had me tearing up a few times. Definitely hits you in the feels.

I really hope they do another with the new team. Adam Warlock is a fantastic character with huge potential (is that the soul gem in his forehead?!?!?! But I'd pay just to watch Rocket, Armor Groot and Cozmo the Dog!!!

“is that the soul gem in his forehead?!?!?!”

Hmmmmm!!!

Just got back from it. Solid 7/10. Is it the best MCU film since Endgame? Certainly the best CGI. That includes it was better than the Spider-Man.

Last edited:
The new Spiderman was excellent. But a lot of it was exciting for reasons other than it being a great movie. For example, pulling in Spidermen from different series of movies and reboots... That's exciting but more in a meta sort of way than anything else. And the multiverse thing is getting tiresome. I know technically Gemora is a result of multiverse chicanery, but overally GotG doesn't get caught in that wormhole. Nor did it need it!

***NO SPOILER ALERT***
That last GOTG movie was 2.5 hours long! Coupled with 1/2 of previews/commercials (no joke) I was home an hour later than expected & lost out on an eBay auction that ended w/o me winning. Now that I think of it I should post this in a different thread because that was bullsh*t!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom