PCF at the Movies (3 Viewers)

We watched "Once upon a time in Hollywood" last night. I didn't like it at all. I don't say that about many Tarantino movies (might be the first).

We watched "Once upon a time in Hollywood" last night. I didn't like it at all. I don't say that about many Tarantino movies (might be the first).
I actually turned this off after the first hour or hour 15. Most boring movie ever.
I liked it but 100% agree on the time though I liked it overall. Could have been 45 min shorter, most of it with the Leo scenes.

The movie definitely meanders at times and the pacing is weird, but there are some really good moments along the way.

Quite bizarre, yet a good movie
images.jpeg

I second the above critiques of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. It felt like a saccharine version of Pulp Fiction where the stakes were lowered and no characters had any reasons for their motives. The 2 scenes of Leo acting with the pre-teen actress were the only redeeming qualities.

The only other film I saw recently was Uncut Gems, but thought that was overhyped too. Love a gambling movie but the boring second act should have had 25 mins shaved off and it would have been a better movie.

Watched this last night
Could’ve spruced up the Nam scenes a bit better, but it doesn’t distract from the story. Great bunch of actors all do a good job. Fonda’s last gig.

Last edited:
Anyone interested in seeing the "Invisible Man" with Elizabeth Moss. Its getting solid reviews. I love Elizabeth Moss. After the first two seasons of Handmaids Tale I said I would watch her in anything.

It looks like an interesting take on it.

Really loving The Disaster Artist halfway through.

Jake and I hit the theater this weekend. We saw "The Invisible Man" with Elizabeth Moss. It's doing pretty on RT's. Then I fricken love EM. The movie didn't disappoint.

The first hour was the best. Once it starting heading into the 3rd act it went from a horror/thriller to an action movie. EM plays the abused chick really well. The first hour isn't to far from her role on The Handmaids Tale.

At this stage I'll watch about anything that she is in!

Just watched Jo Jo Rabbit last night. At first, I was thinking what the hell is this?!? Ended up being a really good movie though....yes, there were tears as well as laughs

Also watched Molly's Game last night as well. Too long....they could have told that story in 1.5hr vs 2.5hr, but ultimately I liked it.

Just watched Jo Jo Rabbit last night. At first, I was thinking what the hell is this?!? Ended up being a really good movie though....yes, there were tears as well as laughs

Also watched Molly's Game last night as well. Too long....they could have told that story in 1.5hr vs 2.5hr, but ultimately I liked it.
Jojo Rabbit is brilliant. Really enjoyed it.

The only other film I saw recently was Uncut Gems, but thought that was overhyped too. Love a gambling movie but the boring second act should have had 25 mins shaved off and it would have been a better movie.
Just watched Uncut Gems and the film was pretty slow and seemed unnecessarily long. The ending did make me think though.

Generally - It was like a sad, stressful caper, like oceans eleven/Italian job, but with no action scenes and all of it cringe worthy. Not sure I'd watch it again.

Just watched Uncut Gems and the film was pretty slow and seemed unnecessarily long. The ending did make me think though.

Generally - It was like a sad, stressful caper, like oceans eleven/Italian job, but with no action scenes and all of it cringe worthy. Not sure I'd watch it again.
Thought it was odd but not too slow (though I’ve heard the criticism from others). I liked it overall as well as the ending but wouldn’t watch it again.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom