PCF at the Movies (6 Viewers)

My wife and I really enjoyed the movie Air with Matt Damon and Ben Affleck.
Watched on Prime
Viola Davis was awesome

Just watched Air. I don’t have a clue about basketball but it seemed a weird subject to make a film about (a sponsorship deal). To be honest I was lost :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
1684690004904.gif

To be fair I wouldn’t have a clue if Michael Jordan walked past me in the street. Other than the fact he’s probably nine feet tall :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

The only bit that got me interested was the blurb at the end that said he was the greatest athlete ever. That made me shout “oh fuck off” at the TV.

To be fair I wouldn’t have a clue if Michael Jordan walked past me in the street. Other than the fact he’s probably nine feet tall :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

The only bit that got me interested was the blurb at the end that said he was the greatest athlete ever. That made me shout “oh fuck off” at the TV.
1684691944841.gif

Wife and I just watched Nimona on Netflix. I’d heard chatter that it was good, but damn, it actually over performed my expectations even going in with a little hype. And for those that it matters, definitely family and kid friendly. But we liked it a lot just as two adults.

Very clever, great animation, high energy film. I feel bad that it came out the same year as Across the Spiderverse, because it’ll be stuck in its animated shadow for awards and end of year reviews.

My daughter and I like to watch horror movies. Maybe it’s partly because we’ve endured too many shit movies lately but I was very pleasantly surprised yesterday when we went to see Talk to me.

I had almost forgotten that movies could have well written scripts/dialogue with characters you actually gave a damn about whether they lived or died. Top that off with an original story that was both scary and creepy. Usually with horror movies you kinda know what’s gonna happen and when the scares are coming but this one had me sitting on edge at times. Even had a good ending.

Last edited:
I second the sentiment regarding Talk to Me. Truly tense and painful to watch in a number of ways.

I thought Insidious: The Red Door was hot garbage. I mean, everything after thebfirst kinda was too, but this... oof.

Had some really loud laughs watching Joy Ride (the Asian female buddy pic) with my gf. Silly fun.

Loved Across the Spiderverse. Loved Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as well. Both have innovative art and animation styles with intelligent, inclusive characters and terrific voice acting.

Mission impossible dead reckoning part one: Another excellent film in this series. The train sequence is spectacular.
See it on the big screen

Just watched The Flash. You guys are probably used to seeing your hometown turning up in movies but it’s still a novelty here.

Crazy how Glasgow has been used as a decaying run down Gotham City for 5 different Batman movies now. They must save a fortune in special effects :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 1170190View attachment 1170191
Really? Wow. What’s your take on the state of Glasgow?

Really? Wow. What’s your take on the state of Glasgow?
Yeah it was used for two of the Christian Bale movies, the Robert Pattinson one, Batgirl that got canned and the Flash.

There’s a lot of interesting buildings here and Glasgow’s streets are in grids so it can pass for US cities.

They tend to film in the parts of town where the old sandstone buildings are.

My daughter and I like to watch horror movies. Maybe it’s partly because we’ve endured too many shit movies lately but I was very pleasantly surprised yesterday when we went to see Talk to me.

I had almost forgotten that movies could have well written scripts/dialogue with characters you actually gave a damn about whether they lived or died. Top that off with an original story that was both scary and creepy. Usually with horror movies you kinda know what’s gonna happen and when the scares are coming but this one had me sitting on edge at times. Even had a good ending.

Talk To Me was very awesome! Now, my wife and I are really into horror movies (mentioned them in our vows), but I thought it was super fresh, and an amazing debut from those filmmakers. They were able to do so much on such a small budget, kind of reminds me of It Follows in that way.

The other two matinee escapes from baby that my mom has been able to provide us have been Barbie, which was great, and The Last Voyage of the Demeter, which was at least pretty fun, though not exactly a piece of art - but if you squint, it’s basically Alien.

Finally got to see Oldboy for the first time, via the 20th anniversary remaster and rerelease. This is apparently the now definitive way to watch the movie, with a bunch of money put into a new translation alongside the remastering.

And holy shit. I get why all of my friends were obsessed with this movie. Damn.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom