Paulson Classics Chips (1 Viewer)

Froggy

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I'm a long time lurker and new member. I recently learned that Paulson discontinued their chips to the home market and wondered what these chips are worth now.

Thanks!
Paulson 5-s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
$2-4+ per chip. Although the $4+ category is mostly on eBay, and nobody's really buying them for that price. And apparently there's some fakes out there, too.
Thanks. I saw a couple of sets of 600-800 chips going for like 4.50 a chip on eBay and was really surprised.

If the breakdown is good, they will be worth more than if you have some odd breakdown.
Yeah, I was curious about the average per chip price.

Last edited by a moderator:
$2-4+ per chip. Although the $4+ category is mostly on eBay, and nobody's really buying them for that price. And apparently there's some fakes out there, too.
I looked at the sales history on eBay and there doesn't seem to be a lot sold in 2018. I was shocked to see several racks of 100 going for $550 which seemed really high. I had not thought about the chips for years then happened to see them on eBay and got curious. I know the chips I have are real as I bought them directly from the US distributor out of Cleveland, OH years ago.

$5.50 is high, but if someone (or 2 someones in a bidding war) were looking to complete a set, I could see this happening. It does not mean that the entire set would command that price though. Many people around here refuse to break sets unless the entire set can find a home, because nothing is worse than selling 3/8ths of a set for a 20% mark-up and not being able to sell the remainder at any price.

$5.50 is high, but if someone (or 2 someones in a bidding war) were looking to complete a set, I could see this happening. It does not mean that the entire set would command that price though. Many people around here refuse to break sets unless the entire set can find a home, because nothing is worse than selling 3/8ths of a set for a 20% mark-up and not being able to sell the remainder at any price.
That makes sense. Thank you for the info. I thought 5.50 a chip for quantities of chips was a bit crazy!

That makes sense. Thank you for the info. I thought 5.50 a chip for quantities of chips was a bit crazy!

It is totally crazy. But you'll always have some people with more-money-than-brains syndrome, so there will always be duped buyers and smiling sellers on eBay. I think a solid $2 or $2-and-change per chip in good condition is not unfair. I'm sure yours are real, yes, but I have heard and in a few cases seen some European knockoffs of Paulson Classics. I think the original culprits were sold off on a Spanish website.

It also depends on the quantity you have. A really big, minty set of pretty much any type of Paulson chips could command a nice price, though the per chip price might be smaller than in barrels. I don’t think selling these one by one make any sense, but you see tiny quantities up on eBay now and then.

Always best to check the sold prices. Listed price doesn’t mean much.
I agree. I saw some dude selling individual chips for $49 and he sold like six of them. What could possibly be going through the mind of somebody who buys multiple chips at 50 bucks a pop. The price seems to vary significantly based on what is available at the time.

I agree. I saw some dude selling individual chips for $49 and he sold like six of them. What could possibly be going through the mind of somebody who buys multiple chips at 50 bucks a pop. The price seems to vary significantly based on what is available at the time.
I’m still waiting to see pron of the chips you got

Now that I've seen them I can assure you they are worthless. In fact, it will cost me a few dollars just to properly dspose of them. But, for you, I'll take them off your hands and make sure they are poperly disposed of. Just place them in a strong box and send them to me, I'll do the rest.

Seriously, those are beautiful!!

Awesome set
Thank you! I was thinking that the 25's, 100's, 500's, and 1000's would make a nice tournament set and the 1's, 25's, and 100's along with a few racks of 5's would make a good 2/5 or 5/10 cash game set.

Now that I've seen them I can assure you they are worthless. In fact, it will cost me a few dollars just to properly dspose of them. But, for you, I'll take them off your hands and make sure they are poperly disposed of. Just place them in a strong box and send them to me, I'll do the rest.

Seriously, those are beautiful!!
I hope you would consider pay for some of the shipping if I sent them to you to properly dispose.

Thank you! I was thinking that the 25's, 100's, 500's, and 1000's would make a nice tournament set and the 1's, 25's, and 100's along with a few racks of 5's would make a good 2/5 or 5/10 cash game set.

I hope you would consider pay for some of the shipping if I sent them to you to properly dispose.
where's the 5's i don't see em

where's the 5's i don't see em
I should have been more clear. I thought with a few hundred $5 chips it would make a nice cash game set but never got the $5 dollar chips.

Makes my paltry 1000 chip 24 man tourney set look weak. Guess I gotta start looking for more classics!

Makes my paltry 1000 chip 24 man tourney set look weak. Guess I gotta start looking for more classics!
A 24 man tournament is pretty solid for home! I never used my Paulsons after finding my niche in cash games. I bought some for resale on a website I have since retired and some I was going to use for home tournaments. Now I think it is time to find them a new home where they find their way out of the boxes on the table where they belong!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom