Paulson Classics Chip Price (2 Viewers)

brocck

High Hand
Reaction score
I currently don’t have the funds to pick up an entire set at once, but whats a good price for Used Paulson classics? I want to start buying some a barrel or so at a time. What should I expect to pay for Classics in Well Used/Used/Mint Condition? I‘m wondering what’s the average cost and what the absolute max I should pay is? I’m not really in a hurry. Thanks guys!

There’s a lot listed on eBay at $10 a chip, even for mint that seems a little high.
Ridiculously overpriced. That’s eBay for you.

There’s someone selling them on here for just over $4. Also overpriced and I think his claim of having sold two sets already is bullshit. At least if he means on here and at that price.

Around here, the going rate for lower denoms is around $3 per chip, and for higher denoms around $4, maybe a bit more.
eBay tends to have prices in the stratosphere, as people will pay much larger sums for Paulson Classics.
$3/chip for mint seems reasonable, but that would be a massive overpayment for used Classics imo.

only way id ever spend any money on classics is if i had a set to add to. There the ugliest of all the paulson mold chips. eBay listings are all inflated by sellers buying their own at inflated prices then relisting as diff sets hoping to snag a sucker. spend a while looking through the classifieds and get a idea of how much better you can do for $3 per chip

only way id ever spend any money on classics is if i had a set to add to. There the ugliest of all the paulson mold chips. eBay listings are all inflated by sellers buying their own at inflated prices then relisting as diff sets hoping to snag a sucker. spend a while looking through the classifieds and get a idea of how much better you can do for $3 per chip
I don’t think it’s fair to try to steer someone away from these chips because you don’t like the look of them. The OP asks fair questions about the price range for these because he decided he likes them.
The Classics have always had their fans, even when other Paulsons have been available at better prices.

Just trying to open his eyes a bit, He's new, searching paulson chips on eBay shows a mountain of these for sale at stupid prices, sold items shows plenty of sus sales, when someone "buys" these and leaves "nice product" as feedback it raises my eyebrows. I guess if he reads this and likes the classics then i recommend getting a barrel and giving them a shuffle for a few hrs.

Ugliest just because of the mold? Seems like the colors are used for other sets (or this set copied the same colors of some other first set).

Agree that eBay is not a good basis. Mainly people trying to sell 10-20 chips at a time for a huge premium looking for suckers.

I've sold off quite a few Classics in the last few years, I keep a spreadsheet of my buying and selling details. All of these chips were in Very Good to Excellent condition, not mint.

Sold
QuantityPricePer/Chip
Classic $1s300$ 900$3/chip
Classic $5s100$ 300$3/chip
Classic $5s500$ 1,400$2.8/chip
Classic $10s200$ 600$3/chip
Classic $10s300$ 825$2.75/chip

I don’t think it’s fair to try to steer someone away from these chips because you don’t like the look of them. The OP asks fair questions about the price range for these because he decided he likes them.
The Classics have always had their fans, even when other Paulsons have been available at better prices.
I like that they have have the standard colors for the denominations, I also play with a lot of older players who have trouble reading denominations and small
Numbers, so these with the large number denominations will be easier for them. I do think there are nicer chips colors in other sets, but that I was I am leaning towards the classics.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom