Paid help with design for Pacific Northwest themed set (1 Viewer)

Gorbash

Full House
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
I am relatively new to PCF, and I recently purchased a set of 500 old school, leaded RHC chips that I want to turn into a Pacific Northwest themed set, but I have zero design skills, so I am willing to pay someone to help me come up with a design that I may submit to Gear. The chips in question are shown below along with a very basic concept that I like for the design, but I am open to completely different designs so long as it is PNW themed, or if someone could take my basic design concept and expand on it/make it look cool that also would be great. I am not sure what people generally may charge for this type of assistance, but I am willing to pay a fair market rate.

PNWchips.jpg
PNWPC.png

Is that the skyline from Frasier? I like where this is going.

@madforpancakes gorgeous custom set, as well as two of my designs use Mt. Rainier. I like this preliminary design that you've got. I might consider a design showing Elliott Bay and a ferry, with the skyline behind it.

There are plenty of skilled designers here. @Johnny5 and @timinater are two that I have worked with who are both excellent.

Is that the skyline from Frasier? I like where this is going.

@madforpancakes gorgeous custom set, as well as two of my designs use Mt. Rainier. I like this preliminary design that you've got. I might consider a design showing Elliott Bay and a ferry, with the skyline behind it.

There are plenty of skilled designers here. @Johnny5 and @timinater are two that I have worked with who are both excellent.
It's not quite the skyline from Frazier, but it's not that far off either. In other words, I most likely would win in a trademark infringement lawsuit, but it would be a sweat.

The second one looks sweet; I like that one. I chose a simple black and white drawing because I didn't know how complicated/intricate the design could be before running into issues.
You could always get an artist's interpretation of the photo. I wouldn't try to put a photo on the inlays.

You could always get an artist's interpretation of the photo. I wouldn't try to put a photo on the inlays.
I definitely would not do a photo, which is why I kept my initial design concept simple, so it would need to be a black and white interpretation of the photo. Although that then raises the question of where to find someone to do an interpretation of the photo. Is that something the designers you mention above may be able to perform?

I definitely would not do a photo, which is why I kept my initial design concept simple, so it would need to be a black and white interpretation of the photo. Although that then raises the question of where to find someone to do an interpretation of the photo. Is that something the designers you mention above may be able to perform?
They could likely use the image to make an interpretation, or create a new design that is even better.

Really like the chips you've chosen, the green ones are great!
Your mock up has great potential for a clean/simple design. I'm finishing up a few design right now but have a super long Christmas break starting now ( will be needing something to keep me outta trouble). Shoot me a PM if you want to chat through some options / work a deal :cool

Really like the chips you've chosen, the green ones are great!
Your mock up has great potential for a clean/simple design. I'm finishing up a few design right now but have a super long Christmas break starting now ( will be needing something to keep me outta trouble). Shoot me a PM if you want to chat through some options / work a deal :cool
I will PM you for sure. Sometimes simpler is better.

nice!

Really like the skyline aspect of this design. The only suggestion I can think of here is if there are any more distinctive fonts you can find that scream pacific northwest that might be cool. often times the right font can make a design go from good to great

nice!

Really like the skyline aspect of this design. The only suggestion I can think of here is if there are any more distinctive fonts you can find that scream pacific northwest that might be cool. often times the right font can make a design go from good to great
Thanks, what font(s) would you suggest?

Beautiful chips! And great idea for the design, I love it!

Just for fun I put this together. If you still are looking for any help with finalizing the design I'd be happy to help.

View attachment 836042
Your skyline is a lot of fun and I may “borrow” that fun skyline if I do another PNW design for another set, but there’s something about the skyline that I found that I really like. Maybe it’s the simplicity of the skyline combined with the use of different thicknesses to convey depth that I like.

Welcome from another guy here in WA. I agree with maybe dropping the PNW from the top of the chip. Perhaps a more specific name would read a touch cleaner? There are a good number of us here, we need to get a game together.

Welcome from another guy here in WA. I agree with maybe dropping the PNW from the top of the chip. Perhaps a more specific name would read a touch cleaner? There are a good number of us here, we need to get a game together.
I’m all ears if you have any name suggestions, and I’m always looking for a fun game!

I’m all ears if you have any name suggestions, and I’m always looking for a fun game!
Sure - seems like a lot of guys go with "blank" card room or poker room so C's and P's are pretty standard. We have a few such as Cascades, coast, Puget Sound, Pike Place and things like that. I have kicked the idea of emerald city around for my next custom set. I think that could look sexy given the proper design. Good luck on the journey!

Sure - seems like a lot of guys go with "blank" card room or poker room so C's and P's are pretty standard. We have a few such as Cascades, coast, Puget Sound, Pike Place and things like that. I have kicked the idea of emerald city around for my next custom set. I think that could look sexy given the proper design. Good luck on the journey!
I like the Emerald City idea, exactly how would you incorporate that into the existing design,”Emerald City” at the top and “Emerald City Poker” under the skyline?

I ended up stealing your Emerald City idea, hopefully this doesn't qualify as misappropriation

1642626086883.png

I think the text detracts from the skyline graphic. It makes it all kind of a mess. I think it would look better with nothing above the skyline. Or much more separation between the two.

I think the text detracts from the skyline graphic. It makes it all kind of a mess. I think it would look better with nothing above the skyline. Or much more separation between the two.
I'll make sure to use different chips when you come to my next home game :). But I get it. I'm concurrently putting together 6-7 custom sets and experimenting with different styles and different things catch people's eyes differently. When I look at this design my attention is drawn to the needle and how Emerald City rises from and then returns to the skyline, but someone else readily may look at this design and see a jumbled mess.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom