PAHWM - Windy Crest NLH (1 Viewer)

gkitt80

Flush
Reaction score
Interesting hand just went down on Windy Crest, though some interesting spots, curious what the group would have done.

Hero UTG+1, solid image most likely, plenty of 3betting during the 90 minutes or so on the table, probably viewed as slightly tight/aggressive, currently big stack sitting at $200+
Villain1 is current short stack with $39, middle position, image notes will not be shared as hes a member of this forum and will likely see this post :)
Villain2 is in the small blind with $87 (also a member this forum)

Blinds are $.5/$1. Hands are dealt and hero looks down at :as::js:. UTG folds and action is on hero. What say you PCF?

From UTG and UTG+1 (when there is a fold) I like to limp most of my range with a plan to limp raise. But once I have done it once or twice already I then like to open normal. Here it would be to $4. I don’t think AJ suites is that strong from this position full ring though so I’d prob still limp and just call a raise to disguise my hand.

This is mistake #1. No one at Windy Crest pays attention to table image :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
With the exception of like 2-3 players, true.

I don’t think AJ suites is that strong from this position full ring though so I’d prob still limp and just call a raise to disguise my hand.
AJs against players on WC is likely ahead of 90% of the calling ranges regardless of position. ;)

Interesting hand just went down on Windy Crest, though some interesting spots, curious what the group would have done.

Hero UTG+1, solid image most likely, plenty of 3betting during the 90 minutes or so on the table, probably viewed as slightly tight/aggressive, currently big stack sitting at $200+
Villain1 is current short stack with $39, middle position, image notes will not be shared as hes a member of this forum and will likely see this post :)

Blinds are $.5/$1. Hands are dealt and hero looks down at :as::js:. UTG folds and action is on hero. What say you PCF?
I'm villain #1. Just want to see the thoughts.

Ok, this decision point isn't all that interesting, so I will continue the hand.

Hero raises to $3 - his standard PF raise amount. Folds to Villain1 who raises to $6. Folds to Villain2 in the SB who calls. Action is on Hero. What do you do?

Last edited:
Ok, this decision point isn't all that interesting, so I will continue the hand.

Hero raises to $3 - his standard PF raise amount. Folds to Villain1 who raises to $6. Folds to Villain2 in the SB who calls. Action is on Hero. What do you do?
Call. It's online poker, and I just want to see the flop. You're likely going to be ahead until the river, where the villain will river one of his 2 outs. Poker is rigged.

Call and see the flop.

Definitely call. Getting a great price and closing the action.

But proceed with caution.Villain 1 most likely has a strong hand (QQ+, AQ+) and didn’t want you to fold with this small raise, or is hoping you will 4 bet his weak raise so he can jam.

Ok lets continue...

Hero UTG+1 with $200+

Blinds are $.5/$1. Hands are dealt and hero looks down at :as::js:. UTG folds and action is on hero. Hero raises to $3 - his standard PF raise amount. Folds to Villain1 who raises to $6. Folds to Villain2 in the SB who calls. Hero calls - would have happily gotten it in against Villain1 here, but 3 ways happy to see a flop with such a playable hand.

Flop comes :2c::8d::jc:. Villain2 checks, action is on hero...

Bet 2/3 to 3/4 pot. You're ahead here on most calling ranges for both villains but very susceptible to the flush draws. Bet high enough that makes it difficult/uncomfortable for a player on a draw to call. If villain #1 jams after your raise, I cry call and hope he doesn't hit his draw or had a higher pocket pair to begin with.

With their stack sizes they are not folding any flush draws here. So shoving all in isn’t getting them to fold that. But it could definitely get them to fold a worse pair or a hand we have dominated now like AQ.

I want to bet to keep the weak hands in. We are playing for stacks now, but we want to do it with worse hands.

bet $10. Call shove, if called shove turn.

It's pretty non-standard to lead into the pfr. It's hard to balance donking ranges. You have the best relative position here. If you check, you get to see how V1 plays the flop and how V2 responds. Donking also just kills any bluffing opportunity that V1 might have.

If you check and the V1 bets and V2 folds you will happily check raise for stacks against him. But if V1 bets and V2 raises or calls, you can maybe fold or get even more money in with a check raise if you think V2s range can't actually be that great here (V2 can't really have QQ+, and it's very unlikely he has 22, so only 88 is a real concern. And he really shouldn't even have that in theory given that V1 3 bet with such a short stack. But I can imagine it being possible in this game). If V1 checks, then you can play the turn knowing that V1 certainly doesn't have you beat, and you get to see how V2 plays the turn before you.

All that said, I say go with standard game flow and check to see what V1 does.

c/r is my play here. A min-raise is usually a protective bet imo, I would take AA, KK, QQ out of his range unless I have seen this player do that before. I am thinking maybe AK, AQ, or another suited Ace. Pairs down to maybe 77...most other pairs just call pre. Right now, the only hand I think that has us smashed is 88 or 22. Otherwise, we are gold.

Post flop, I like checking, because I feel you are way ahead or way behind here and you have aggressive action behind. TPTK is pretty good against ranges, and a flush draw will continue betting. Im looking to c/r to any bet, and if it checks thru, I am leading out on any turn card not a club, king or queen for around 1/2 pot.

(I left out JJ, because there is only 1 combo left....it could happen though)

Lets keep this going...

Hero UTG+1 with $200+

Blinds are $.5/$1. Hands are dealt and hero looks down at :as::js:. UTG folds and action is on hero. Hero raises to $3 - his standard PF raise amount. Folds to Villain1 who raises to $6. Folds to Villain2 in the SB who calls. Hero calls - would have happily gotten it in against Villain1 here, but 3 ways happy to see a flop with such a playable hand. Pot is $19 ($6+$6+$6+$1).

Flop comes :2c::8d::jc:. Villain2 checks. Hero checks, fully expecting get it in with Villain1 when he bets/pushes. Villain1 does exactly that and bets $13, leaving $20 behind. Villain2 surprises us and pushes all-in for $81. Action is on us, with $113 in the pot and $81 to call...

Unless Villain 2 has 88 or a weirdly played QQ, it's hard for me to see how you are beat by villain 2. I'm more concerned about villain 1's hand, but he is so short that it's kind of whatever. I think I just call and pray.

Villain 2 is on a draw, methinks.

This is a cry call.

I put Villain 2 on a draw or in something like JQo, that seems reasonable for a preflop call

WC is very player dependant. It certainly could be a flush draw making a move, and my decision very much relies on the opponent in this case.

Villain 1s C bet into 2 players after the re raise would worry me in theory, but with that stack idgaf.

So my answer is if villain 2 is sicko, or viking, or someone similar I'm snap calling. If it's @CraigT78 after a few beers I'm fistpump calling and If it's someone like old bluehair I'm snap folding lol

Fold. I dont call all-ins with TPTK generally. Too high variance.
If he's on a draw it's a flip. If he has a set you have two outs (J). Runner-runner A gives him the boat i think.

Folding here you are right more often than you are wrong. Don't like it, but someone's got you beat, potentially drawing dead, and at worst has significant equity against you.

When though in said crying call. It's close and I don't fault a fold either. If you after generous and give your opponent the following range (with most suited combos being clubs, a couple combos of 22, and a couple KJ) then here is the equity:

Screenshot_20200922-144022_Holdem Lab.jpg
Screenshot_20200922-144155_Holdem Lab.jpg

So it's close. And the 3rd person in the pot may make the difference.

Thanks everyone. This was a really interesting spot (for me personally). Here is how the hand ended up:

Hero UTG+1 with $200+

Blinds are $.5/$1. Hands are dealt and hero looks down at :as::js:. UTG folds and action is on hero. Hero raises to $3 - his standard PF raise amount. Folds to Villain1 who raises to $6. Folds to Villain2 in the SB who calls. Hero calls - would have happily gotten it in against Villain1 here, but 3 ways happy to see a flop with such a playable hand. Pot is $19 ($6+$6+$6+$1).

Flop comes :2c::8d::jc:. Villain2 checks. Hero checks, fully expecting get it in with Villain1 when he bets/pushes. Villain1 does exactly that and bets $13, leaving $20 behind. Villain2 surprises us and pushes all-in for $81. Action is on us, with $113 in the pot. Hero calls for $81 - figured no way Villain2 has QQ or better given PF play. Lose to 88/22, but lots of draws/combo draws as well that could play it this way. Villain1 instacalls for his last $20.

Sidepot with Villain2 is $96
Main pot is $118

Turn and river both bring clubs, final board :2c::8d::jc::kc::8c:

Villain1 turns over :tc::ts: and wins the Main pot with a flush
Villain2 turns over :qd::qh: and wins the sidepot with the overpair

Obviously in hindsight I should have folded here, and likely need to revisit my perceived opponent's ranges given I was certain there was no way Villain2 shows up here with QQ+. Appreciate the input though everyone!

Last edited:
Gross runout :vomit:

I'm not surprised you were ahead of villain 1. Going in with 2nd best pair on a flush board is preposterous. They're very fortunate to have runner runnered the flush.

@Legend5555 nailed villain 2. QQ was played very slowly there, but maybe leaving $20 behind was their way of setting a trap to get the draws to call and hope they eeked it out with an over pair.

Three ways after the flop with one betting and then having someone going over the top, I probably fold too looking back on this rather than cry calling, but that's a tough one. I'm now thinking I'm up against at least one over pair if the action runs like that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom