other collectables? (1 Viewer)

navels

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm kinda slowing down on my chip hunting . . . but the one thing keeping me going is that, while a lot of work (I probably scan 700 ads a day), it is pretty fun for some bizarre reason.

That's got me thinking if there are other collectables I could be looking for instead of poker chips. Does anyone have any suggestions? The requirements are

1. sold online
2. potential hidden gems
3. not too expensive to buy or ship (i.e., not washing machines :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:)
4. specialized knowledge required
5. hidden gems can be identified fairly easily if you have the specialized knowledge
6. not already well-known as a collectible (i.e., not stamps or baseball cards)

and preferably something fun to collect with an online community. For example, I have a friend who flips old fishing reels. She doesn't give a crap about the fishing reels and is just in it for the flipping . . . that doesn't interest me at all.

Record collecting?

I did that for years and years, since my early teenage years. Slowed down to almost zero these days because of the internet and music streaming services but it was a ton of fun for me.

Colored vinyl, shaped records, limited tour editions, mail order only colors/editions, import editions with extra songs/different color vinyl options...

Lee, if you could slow down/stop chip hunting that would be great :)

I have a good one for you. LJN WWF wrestler figures. Funny story selling these is what got me into chipping. My uncle dropped off at my house a bunch of old toys. There were 2 rubbermaid containers full of these toys we used to play with as a kid. I put up the lot on eBay and they immediate sold for for my BIN price of something like 400. I used that money to fund my first set of what I thought were "nice" expensive cc chips.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...restlers.TRS0&_nkw=ljn+wwf+wrestlers&_sacat=0

Some of these are cheap and cost 2-3 bucks each. Some of the sought after figures that are still in packaging can go for 4-5k per toy.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...restlers.TRS0&_nkw=ljn+wwf+wrestlers&_sacat=0

There are some blogs you can read to find out which ones are very valuable and which ones are not. It is a fun rabbit hole to go down and learn about. I am particularly interested since I played with these and followed WWF as a kid.

Vintage crown cork bottle openers, but you have to give me dibs on all extras you find!
1129181425~2.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom