ORO plastic cards - Ebay (1 Viewer)

Meh, got them today. Nothing special. They have a grainy finish. Slippery as shit. Seem very thin.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Probably use them for drinking games or something

I'll second MAK's review... They do have a grainy finish on the pips side that resembles some Modianos but opposite to those, the OROs might be the thinest plastic cards I've ever seen... They are a bit slippery but not as slippery and plasticky as some of the really cheap cards... Even for $10, there's better value deals out there... I'd buy Copags all day for $15 compared to those at $10... I won't buy them again but it's worth trying at least for a few hands... Face doesn't look that bad and pips printing is not that bad either...

thhNhX3.jpg

Gr7QkCl.jpg

4kbyibK.jpg

mDlre45.jpg

TBDCXbj.jpg

Meh, got them today. Nothing special. They have a grainy finish. Slippery as shit. Seem very thin.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Probably use them for drinking games or something

Thx for the review. Glad I read this before making a purchase.

Paulo I put a setup of A Plus cards in with your chips which hopefully you will get soon. These cards are unopened but I also have a setup. They are extremely thin and kinda cheap feeling also, but for free to you what the heck. They are literally about 2/3 the height of a normal deck, maybe thinner than oro who knows?

Thanks Mike!!! You DA man!!! I'll definitely give those 'A+' cards a try! Thanks again...

You know, a few weeks back I was in a tourney in Royal Oak, for which I had to bring a chip set, and the cards were, what it seemed, 20 year old paper cards... Worst shape cards I've ever seen... It almost ruin the experience for me... After that, I will ALWAYS, ALWAYS carry a couple of set ups with me when going to a new game... The OROs might be thin but they are definitely much, much, much better than the cards we played there with... :)

Paulo I put a setup of A Plus cards in with your chips which hopefully you will get soon. These cards are unopened but I also have a setup. They are extremely thin and kinda cheap feeling also, but for free to you what the heck. They are literally about 2/3 the height of a normal deck, maybe thinner than oro who knows?

I just busted these open to check them out, and I have to toss in a dissenting opinion. They ARE very thin and a bit slippery out of the box. That can be a problem, but not necessarily all bad though - I find them easier to shuffle, wash, box, and pitch accurately than probably any other card straight out of the box, and despite their thinness they feel like they are more "resilient" to bending than most others - i.e. that guy that loves to bend the shit out out of your cards when he peeks at them can't/won't do that much damage. The face printing is not the best but not the worst, and the backs are gorgeous. I'd put them around the middle of the pack in overall quality (around where I have Copags as well) - I'd still prefer to buy Fourniers or Modianos if/when I can find them at a decent price, but for $10 these aren't a bad buy and I WOULD definitely buy them over Copags at $15 if those were my only two options.

Ben, wait until you see how they wear. I have a similar-sounding plastic deck of unknown origin (left behind by visitor who didn't know where they got them) with thin cards, and they just can't take any abuse. They're thin and easy to handle, and very flexible - but have a variety of dings and marks in them from fingernails and what-not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom