Origin of your Username (5 Viewers)

I was in year 10 when Micheal Jordan came back to play for Washington Wizard. And 19 is my seat number in my Classroom. Wizard19 was also printed on my basketball jersey. THE GOAT!!!

Wyldephang doesn't mean anything in particular. It's simply a screenname I chose in the early 2000s when it was fashionable to select a mysterious-sounding handle for gaming. I believe I debuted it during my Counter-Strike years, and it just stuck. More likely, the inspiration for the alias came from both White Fang (the novel) and Zakk Wylde (the guitarist). Interestingly enough, some people have a hard time pronouncing the name, but I think the problem is that they're overthinking it. It's really just "wild fang" with some letters changed. I would like to point out that there is now a registered trademark for a clothing company called Wildfang, but my nickname precedes this company by at least eleven years. I'm still waiting on my royalty checks. ;)

Mine is from the shortened version of my longtime user name rollinginthehiggs... after the Higgs Boson, being a joke about rolling in the higgs field. Somehow came up with the idea years ago, and it has stuck since. Ironically I am not a physicist, but an engineer.

The movie Blue Thunder came out in the 80s followed by a short lived TV show. I ran a BBS for many years with this “handle” as well. It’s stuck.

My username was tricky…
I used to play MUDs back in the day, so to create a unique persona I sat and jumbled some letters together for a while until I came up with Talrem. When I spoke it aloud [TAL•rem] I knew I’d found my name!
(The full character name is very long, so I just use Talrem. Many people can’t pronounce it correctly anyway!)

My last name is Green. Years ago I had a buddy who was a fan of the old Red Green Show (look it up if you’ve not heard of it - very funny). He started calling me Red Green, and the nickname sorta stuck. First time I needed a username for a forum, I decided to make a play on that nickname. And since I was the basketball coach at a high school whose team colors were red and white at the time, I went with See-n-Red…and have since used SeenRed for everything else.

Red

Dude came from playing a Empires and Puzzles on my phone. When started I needed a name and put in Dude as a place holder thinking I'd change it later. For some reason I didn't feel like using my usual handles and then after a bit Dude just stuck. Especially after I did well in some events and joined a top clan.

I was playing in a tournament one time, and I kept getting K9 and winning with it. One of the villains who I beat several times with this hand said "you are the K9 doctor."

Oh, and I'm a veterinarian too. :rolleyes:
Always wanted to ask you @k9dr but seemed to personal lol ever do any work with cows ? Good vets hard to find lol

@T8terdr?
0x0.jpg

In my younger days I couldn’t afford to buy a car so I rode a motorcycle. I had a job in a fancy stately home/hotel as a chef, and since I came in to work late on more than one occasion having crashed my bike on the way to work, I gained the nickname of Evel Knievel from my colleagues. These lovely chaps also had the observant curiosity to notice that my eyes were somewhat close together, justly calling me Cyclops.

Now what I called them in my spare time or under my breath will need to wait for another tale, however, starting to get active on the Inter web demanded a username for everything, and concatenation of the two nicknames somehow seemed fun.

Mines simple. I started playing table games with green chips ($25) in Vegas. My chipping journey started with bringing $25 chips back home.

Buying in with green chips, you never know what color of chips I’ll color up with... Purple, yellow, brown, white, all the candies for the high rollers.

My recent score was seeing a white chip at GN. I like one picture pron for chips, one high dollar chip is more fun than bunch of greens and reds.

My dream as a kid was to be a gambler and now here I am! Not to mention I collect coins too (or anything circular and has/had cash value), so chips are always fascinating.

Last edited:
Mine was given to me by a girlfriend I had back in college. Couldn't figure it out, she'd typically call me Pony in front of her friends, and then giggle, and then they'd giggle. Wasn't until about a year after that it was finally explained to me.

While at university I had to sign in to the online portal for (I can't really remember using it) but was made to create a username that was supposed to be my first and last name....however there was only room for 7 characters....This "Philhut" which many can guess Phil is my first name and my last name is longer than Hut lol...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom