Origin of your Username (6 Viewers)

Mine too was given to me by my late-adolescence lovers.

Every Saturday after a pep rally in the quad, 4 members of the cheerleading squad and I would retire to my dorm room where I would ravish them for hours, to the applause of our rugby team and residential administrators.

They would scream out in ecstasy, "BARRIEJAYTHREE!". My name is Jeff, so I'm not sure where they got that from.

BUT, when I needed a Username for a poker forum, I thought to myself, "Yes! Finally I can use my collegiate nickname!"

4 members of the cheerleading squad and I would retire to my dorm room where I would ravish them for hours, to the applause of our rugby team and residential administrators.
the rest of the story …
FC77B2CC-C0FA-4CE3-8607-6A66DFDD9F12.png

I saw Doug Clark and the Hot Nuts many times at UNC. Legendary college band that toured all over say within 300 miles I think. They always got the crowd going. Girls got wild, which was nice. They'd make fun of dook of course. Their 3rd set was off the hook. "You see that girl dressed in green, she go down like a submarine. Nuts, hot nuts, get them from the peanut man."

Doug Clark and the Hot Nuts, also known as Doug Clark and his Hot Nuts, The Hot Nuts and, since the death of Doug Clark in 2002, Doug Clark's Hot Nuts, is a rhythm and blues, rock and novelty band that has played party and club dates for more than fifty years. Starting in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, they became famous on the college circuit in the southeastern United States in the early 1960s for their risqué song lyrics and jokes, and for allegedly performing in various states of undress. Their signature song was Hot Nuts. Other songs that they were known by included: My Ding-a-Ling (later a hit record by Chuck Berry), Big Jugs (based on Big Bad John), He's Got the Whole World by the Balls, Baby Let Me Bang Your Box, The Bearded Clam (is a delicacy that won't be found in the deep blue sea), Gay Caballero, and Two Old Maids. It has been said that the Hot Nuts were the inspiration for the Otis Day and the Knights group in the movie Animal House. The Hot Nuts played a role in the later popularity of rhythm and blues with white college audiences. Their first album had a picture of the band on the cover, with lead singer Prince Taylor "flipping the bird" to the audience. All of the Hot Nuts albums were on the "Gross" label, a subsidiary of Jubilee Records created solely for the band. Even though Jubilee published a line of "party" records with risqué material, the Jubilee name did not appear anywhere on the Gross albums. Doug Clark and the Hot Nuts influenced contemporary artists such as Too Short, Ol' Dirty Bastard, and Toy Tiger.

Nuts fits with poker too so that's how I chose my username. RIP Doug Clark.

NSFW

I played basketball for a year in college. I was a big country kid and all the guys started calling me Big Country. It stuck and pretty much everybody called me that throughout my late teens and early 20s. Then I got a ps4 and needed a gamer tag to play cod with my buddies. I suck at video games and I hate losing, so if I was playing against you BigCountryHateU.

I played basketball for a year in college. I was a big country kid and all the guys started calling me Big Country. It stuck and pretty much everybody called me that throughout my late teens and early 20s. Then I got a ps4 and needed a gamer tag to play cod with my buddies. I suck at video games and I hate losing, so if I was playing against you BigCountryHateU.
So you hate all of us. We just met??! What did I do?! Do I not give???? Do I NOT BLEED.

Mine was actually my Dad's gamer tag back in the BBS days when games used words and took incredibly long amounts of time to play for a short while. It later graduated to his DOOM online gamer tag when the 14.4 modem would behave and we could rock 4 fps with one other person a few miles away. Once I turned 16, I noticed he wasn't playing games much anymore and I was getting interested in Half-Life mods so, I asked if I could steal his nickname (that's what we called it, gamer tag was a non-existent term) for Day of Defeat and Team Fortress. He said "sure, I don't care".. So, Swisspiss has been my gamer tag, username, account name, email address, Xbox account, Steam account, LOL name, etc.. for the past 22 years.

Mine was actually my Dad's gamer tag back in the BBS days when games used words and took incredibly long amounts of time to play for a short while. It later graduated to his DOOM online gamer tag when the 14.4 modem would behave and we could rock 4 fps with one other person a few miles away. Once I turned 16, I noticed he wasn't playing games much anymore and I was getting interested in Half-Life mods so, I asked if I could steal his nickname (that's what we called it, gamer tag was a non-existent term) for Day of Defeat and Team Fortress. He said "sure, I don't care".. So, Swisspiss has been my gamer tag, username, account name, email address, Xbox account, Steam account, LOL name, etc.. for the past 22 years.
I feel like you should be Swisspiss Jr.

I think I'd much rather have cocoa!!

Nothing earth shattering...I saw a shirt that said "Vintage 1969" and thought it was cool. I was born in 1974, so I thought of Vintage1974. So yeah, I'm a copy cat LOL

An old NES favorite of mine,
1666138240895.png

And its opening scene:
1666138103274.png

Nostalgia hit me one day some years back.
Thought it was clever in a stupid kind of way. :wtf:

I played a 1:1 game Unreal Tournament with friend 20 years ago and he wasn't very skilled at it ... So the Game ended very onesided 20:0 and he called me Neo because I played like someone who can handle the Matrix and he couldn't even hit me :cool the 23 is Michael Jordans (Goat) Jersey Nr for the Bulls... I had to add a number on another Website because the Username itself had been in use already.. .

And well, I have to admit, that I aint sure about the *Viny" anymore :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: I am too old to remember every detail... I think it had something to do with gambling in Las Vegas, but I wouldn't place a bet on that one...

yeah as you said, there's not a lot of backstory to mine. it was the prefix of the email address i was assigned in college and it has become my default username for most purposes.

there was something funky about the sign-up process on chiptalk (or at least my comprehension of it) and i entered it thinking i could later enter a screen name. i ended up being stuck with jbutler16 and then when i moved over here, i just kept it for ease of interaction since there were a lot of CTers migrating at the time.

Pretty much the same way my name came about. My university (many years ago) would just take your initials and add a number to make it unique. I was the 17th person in my university to have those initials.

Pretty much the same way my name came about. My university (many years ago) would just take your initials and add a number to make it unique. I was the 17th person in my university to have those initials.

Back in the day my online poker name was my initials + area code. My PCF name is just something I think sounds cool and its a reference to shoving all in.

I thought mine sounded like the lovable loser in a B-grade comedy, and felt that was fitting enough. Also, it made it easier to not spend ages thinking of names when creating characters in video games or usernames so I just use the same one now all the time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom