Origin of your Username (6 Viewers)

When I joined the forum, I had to come up with a name in a hurry. I have no imagination, so I tried Chip (taken), Chips (also taken), then LotsOfChips (not taken). I didn't actually have any chips at the time, but I figured that :
a) I wanted lots of chips
b) Eventually I would have what some people might consider lots of chips

Fast forward 4 months, and I now own a 1000 chip cash set (soon to be 1100), and a 1000 chip Royal CC tournament set (not to mention a customized Chanman table), with about the same amount of chips in the works with custom CPC cash and tournament sets . Not a lot to some here, but it's a start! Now I just have to start winning lots of poker games to pay for it all!

Last edited:
85F1CE26-222B-4F8F-8DFB-69A13294A599.gif

I live in a fairly small southern town just north of Charlotte, where there is no real nightlife to speak of and very little in the way of excitement. As such, about 10 years ago a movement started referring to Statesville as "States Vegas" in jest. This being my home where poker may or may not occur, I adopted the town's tongue in cheek name as my own username.

My last name is Batten. I played sports in high school so we called each other by our last names a lot. One night at a highschool party, my friend was extremely intoxicated and tried to say my last name and it came out, Blanten. Behold, the nickname was born and it caught on through the entire school. It actually has nothing to do with Blanton’s bourbon, hence the different spelling. I came to discover Blanton’s bourbon later in life and it has become my absolute favorite liquor more so because of the taste but the history and my name helps!

Last edited:
My nickname, Stew, is a nick name based off my last name. All of my gaming accounts growing up had the name StewbieDoo as a play off Scooby Doo. Kept the theme flowing

1577928396835.png

My username is also my poker username from back in the day. I felt like the idea of being a judge and jury deciding someone's fate at the table was fitting because in the end you are either the one to kock them or your going to be gone yourself

My first unit in the Army was 2-9 inf aka Manchu’s. They do a yearly 25 mile road march in honor of a 100 mile march while fighting in the Boxer campaign in China, during the late 1800’s. When completing the march you get a belt buckle that you can where with an Army uniform. (This is the only amendment to the uniform reg in the Army). I did it twice, NBD.

I AM a Manchu man. I AM a mush. Thus...Mushmanchuman was born. Some call me MushMan-ChuMan. I’m fine with that. Just don’t put me in the bathroom.
0C9C6A88-0673-41D0-9831-EF259C8A072E.jpeg

the term "i read you like a book" is pretty popular at our table after calling a big bluff wether you knew you had it or just hoped you had it. its turned into a bit of a running joke. thus - readmelikeabook

I just made a username to quickly pick up a chip set, so 0 thought went into it. Old work or school handle.

BarrieJ3 - First six letters of last name, First initial, and 3 because several BarrieJs already existed.

As boring as it is, worked so well that most people don't know my first name and everyone calls me Barrie at meetups. Dig it.

As boring as it is, worked so well that most people don't know my first name and everyone calls me Barrie at meetups. Dig it.
That's actually pretty common, being called by phonetic replication of your screen name, shortened to something easier to pronounce. Once everyone associates the face to the screen name, the details of your real name soon evolve.

To this day, I respond to "Zombie" 100x quicker than I do to "Mike".

I just made a username to quickly pick up a chip set, so 0 thought went into it. Old work or school handle.

BarrieJ3 - First six letters of last name, First initial, and 3 because several BarrieJs already existed.

I always assumed your first name was Barrie J(Last name initial) and the 3 was either your were a III or a 3rd child. I always associate you with Cosmo Kramer and @Schmendr1ck with George Costanza. All we need is an Elaine and a Jerry.

I always assumed your first name was Barrie J(Last name initial) and the 3 was either your were a III or a 3rd child. I always associate you with Cosmo Kramer and @Schmendr1ck with George Costanza. All we need is an Elaine and a Jerry.
Here's A Start (I wouldn't assign those to me and Schmendy, but Avatars are Avatars!)

@Anthony Martino - Mickey
1596990031003.png

@BGinGA - Soup Nazi
1596990067414.png

@detroitdad - Frank
1596990164787.png

@JeepologyOffroad - Sidra
1596990357270.png

@DrStrange - J Peterman
1596990281742.png

@FordPickup92 - Uncle Leo
1596990444302.png

@Changster - Steinbrenner
1596990645225.png

@pltrgyst - Jackie Chiles
1596990840329.png

@Josh Kifer - Puddy
1596990900328.png

Last edited:
Damn well I'd put Anthony as George, but I can roll with it!

Here's A Start (I wouldn't assign those to me and Schmendy, but Avatars are Avatars!)

@BarrieJ3 - Kramer
@Schmendr1ck - Costanza
@Anthony Martino - Mickey
View attachment 505769

@BGinGA - Soup Nazi
View attachment 505770

@detroitdad - Frank
View attachment 505773

@JeepologyOffroad - Sidra
View attachment 505779

@DrStrange - J Peterman
View attachment 505777

@FordPickup92 - Uncle Leo
View attachment 505780

@Changster - Steinbrenner
View attachment 505781

@pltrgyst - Jackie Chiles
View attachment 505783

@Josh Kifer - Puddy
View attachment 505788

Attachments

• 1597001913327.png
    1597001913327.png
    634.8 KB · Views: 132

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom