Origin of your Username (4 Viewers)

Sheikh is my last name and 617 is the area code for Boston from which I reside. Big Boston sports fan so the 617 is sort of a representation of the city and the sports culture!

lasse1910 from my first name as well as my date of birth. Not very exciting.
I am a big fan of
Hockey: Boston Bruins and Finland (international)
Soccer (actual football) - Vålerenga (local Norwegian team), Millwall (England) and England (International)

I am a big fan of
Soccer (actual football) - Vålerenga (local Norwegian team), Millwall (England) and England (International)
This reads funny for Americans, as we use a Month/Day (rather than Day/Month) format. Therefore referring to your date of birth as 1910 could only mean the year 1910. That is exciting.

I am a big fan of
What possible reason could you have for supporting Millwall lol. The original football hooligans.

I fully support your choice to support the English national team though

What possible reason could you have for supporting Millwall lol. The original football hooligans.

I fully support your choice to support the English national team though

I've supported Millwall since 02/03. I was 15 years old and a big fan of Dennis Wise. Although I didn't want to support Chelsea when he was there as they are a fairly popular team in Norway. I wanted to be more original. That season he moved to Millwall to become their player/manager and I thought "Millwall, yeah, that will do. I bet they are not very popular in here!" And yeah, it was before I knew about their supporters. However, when I figured it out it was already too late. :) I've been to the Den and Wembley to watch them several times without any incidents, I even watch their bore 0-0 draw with West Ham.

This reads funny for Americans, as we use a Month/Day (rather than Day/Month) format. Therefore referring to your date of birth as 1910 could only mean the year 1910. That is exciting.

That is true! No wonder I come off as rather old fashion when I visited Boston a couple of years ago!
But you guys also refuse to use the metric system and refer to temperature as Fahrenheit. =)

As good a reason to support a team as any I guess. Dennis wise was a great player

Mine was complete and utter laziness. I’m from Bonnie Scotland and thought I’d be the only Scottish person on here. Turns out I’m not that special :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Now, makes me wonder if I am the only Highland games competitor!?

Sorry I misunderstood. I thought your folks were from over here. I was in Alabama and just about everyone I talked to had Scottish surnames. I think there’s more Scots over there than there are here :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Sorry I misunderstood. I thought your folks were from over here. I was in Alabama and just about everyone I talked to had Scottish surnames. I think there’s more Scots over there than there are here :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

7 of 8 grandparents were Scottish. The 8th was English. Still hope to go!

Two reasons for my user name. 1) I love "Dad jokes" especially since having children. 2) Big fan of the "Aubreyad" (Master and Commander book series). In the film adaptation one of the characters makes a bad pun/Dad joke and the other replies "He who would pun would pick a pocket".

I don't think this thread exists, but if it does, please delete.

Some usernames are self explanatory IE. JButler. Some are not, like mine.

MAN AMONG KIDS originated from an XBox Gamertag I made 11 years ago when I was a freshman in college. I played entirely way too much Call of Duty my freshman and sophomore years. I got started on a dorm-mates XBox 360, then I got my own at the end of first semester of Freshman year for Christmas.

I was used to playing with very squeaky kids ages like 10-15, and since I thought I was much older, I gave myself the name Man Among Kids. Just enough allowable characters for gamertags.

That's it. No grand story.

I've actually met some really cool people via XBox and those who are close to me online call me MAK, for short.

So I welcome PCF goers to call me MAK as well. :p

LOL SHUTUP! hahaha Ok so mine came from an xbox gamertag too lol. I used to grind $5 sit n go's in my buddies basements in high school and then at the fraternity houses in college (we may have moved up to $10 sit n go's by then... for the beer money lol). Anywho, a friend used a play on my last name (Popwell) to popzvegas and I used it for my GT when we played Call of Duty together haha. It kinda stuck and now I use it on 2+2, online poker, and now here. Man.. those were the days.. I used to play the nittiest TAG poker against those guys too lol... they loved busting me but usually it was me collecting the beer money hahahaha.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom