Collecting (ordering closed) Open Face Chinese (OFC) poker play matts (1 Viewer)

Hey, thanks for the tag. These are really smart, design 3 is the winner to me.
They are great, but with the likely high shipping costs I'll pass, but will keep an eye on progress :)

Use @MatB scorecard/cut card, it indicates when you can go to fantasy. This is an early rendition, he has a better one

EB95060C-05C8-413D-BFB1-C59AEA43F365.png

I was thinking about doing something similar! Not bad. (Although it's full house in the middle to stay in fantasy land ;) )
Two ways to plat that, FH in middle or quads. I play the quads or better way as well, far too easy to get full house in the middle.

I think official may be quads now.

Two ways to plat that, FH in middle or quads. I play the quads or better way as well, far too easy to get full house in the middle.

To that point, if going with quads on the bottom no need to note quads in middle as a requirement, as you'd have to have quads or better on the bottom to get it in the middle.

I would likely bow out if it was noted as FH in middle as it would be too confusing for my players.

Yeah the more I look at recent rules sites I see them saying only quads on bottom or trips on top. I'll update accordingly.

Ok so for right now we have:

@The Nuts x15
@JRald07 x 4 (1 of each if possible)
@FordPickup92 x 2
@JoeBGo x2
@mashoo x4
@Kentucky x4
@Rbonus012 x2
@grantc54 x3-4 (multi design if possible)

So we've easily locked in the 50% discount price, bringing it down to $14 each. (thats after taxes too it looks like with free shipping to boot. Would be 1 flat rate envelope per order for re-shipping from my house)

I'm going to do another pass on the designs to incorporate some of the feedback and see if I can streamline some things. I'll work on that tonight after work.

I'd like to get the order in by the 30th as its about 2 weeks from order to arrival from what I've read, which is perfect for my May 17th bday :D
If we can get up to 50 (currently at 36-37) we can get 2 background designs without even clearing it with them as the 50% discount kicks in at 25.

Last edited:
Ok so for right now we have:

@The Nuts x15
@JRald07 x 4 (1 of each if possible)
@upNdown x 2 (maybe?)
@FordPickup92 x 2
@JoeBGo x2
@mashoo x4
@Kentucky x4
@Rbonus012 x2
@grantc54 x3-4 (multi design if possible)

So we've easily locked in the 50% discount price, bringing it down to $14 each. (thats after taxes too it looks like with free shipping to boot. Would be 1 flat rate envelope per order for re-shipping from my house)

I'm going to do another pass on the designs to incorporate some of the feedback and see if I can streamline some things. I'll work on that tonight after work.

I'd like to get the order in by the 30th as its about 2 weeks from order to arrival from what I've read, which is perfect for my May 17th bday :D
If we can get up to 50 (currently at 36-39) we can get 2 background designs without even clearing it with them as the 50% discount kicks in at 25.
You should take me out of your count. If I change my mind, I’ll jump back in, but right now I don’t think these are right for me. Thank!

Ok I've done a few design passes to try out some of the suggestions:
redesign 1:

OFC 2nd edition .jpg

redesign 2:
OFC inline royalties .jpg

Redesign 3:
OFC inline royalties w fantasy.jpg

Redesign 4:

OFC 3nd edition .jpg

Redesign 5:
OFC 4th edition .jpg

1 4 or 5 for me
Not sure how I feel about either fade on the royalties box on 4 and 5. I like 5 being able to see more of the back drop but I worry the text could be little hard to read

Last edited:
Yeah 4&5 look good…probably 4 just because it’s easier to read?

Ok I've adjusted the scoring box to use vector fonts so they render better and made some adjustments to positioning and transparency.
I think this may be the final product: (this image downsized by the forum upload)
OFC 7th edition .jpg

The other backgrounds really do not look as good with the cards more transparent, they are very hard to see.

I'm really digging this background and layout though, I think its the winner.

Ok I've adjusted the scoring box to use vector fonts so they render better and made some adjustments to positioning and transparency.
I think this may be the final product: (this image downsized by the forum upload)
View attachment 903658
I thought that a full house in middle row also keeps you in fantasyland. Different version??

I thought that a full house in middle row also keeps you in fantasyland. Different version??
So those were the rules when I first played about 5 years ago but looking at the most recent rules listings it seems that has been changed to quads or better in the middle, (which is the same as saying quads or better on the bottom as thats a requirement). This is the way online sites that let you play OFC poker for money do it now so it seems thats the standard (https://www.ofcstrategy.com/rules.html)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom