Collecting (ordering closed) Open Face Chinese (OFC) poker play matts (3 Viewers)

The Nuts

Flush
Reaction score
So I love Pineapple OFC. For my birthday this year I'm going to host a pOFC tournament. I'm sure there are going to be lots of folks who are playing for their first time and I figured it would make the whole process easier and run smoother if each player had their own playmat that had all the spots laid out for them along with payouts.

I've been working on the design of these mats myself and wanted to get some feedback as well as see if anybody else was interested in some?
I'm going to be buying 15, so they are about $25 each right now but the price goes down the more you buy. If we have interest for just 10 more the price goes down to about $14 each. If we buy over 100 they will work out some price for us thats even lower than that.

The mats are 24"x16"

I have 4 backgrounds I'm trying out right now, all of them I like but need to settle on one of them.

I'm also tinkering with more/less info on the mats.

Background 1:
BG1.jpg

Background 2:
BG2.jpg

Background 3:
BG3.jpg

Background 4:
BG4.jpg

Last edited:
I like them a lot. What are the four spots on the left for?
The 4 discards when playing pineapple OFC.

I've found when playing with new players they will often get mixed up and not discard and place all 3 cards only to notice at the end that they have too many cards. It also kind of works like a clock so you can see how many draws you have left.

The Logo in the upper right corner is also designed for a FantasyLand chip I'm making that you can put there to indicate you are in FANTASY LAND

I'll come back to check for updates on your final design, but I would be interested in one. I like OFCP on occasion. Forrest and Mark taught Ben and I how to play a few times and these mats would be fun

The 4 discards when playing pineapple OFC.

I've found when playing with new players they will often get mixed up and not discard and place all 3 cards only to notice at the end that they have too many cards. It also kind of works like a clock so you can see how many draws you have left.

You could change the bottom row of discards into 4 overlapping boxes (they are face down so you don't need a separate space for each card). Then you would have room to move the fantasy land instructions under your scoring table. You could even number the boxes 1-4 to make it more clear where the discards go.

Hi - I need need need these! The kids love some OFP and these mats would be awesome - especially when they occasionally forget to discard.
Put me down for four. Design 3 is my first choice, Design 1 second. But I'd be happy with any. To be honest, you had me at
The Logo in the upper right corner is also designed for a FantasyLand chip I'm making that you can put there to indicate you are in FANTASY LAND

If I'm allowed $0.02 of design input I would say the Fantasy Land description is too wordy. Maybe an asterisk in the QQ box and the >10 point cut over boxes with a note under the table like *Get into Fantasy Land **Stay in Fantasy Land. People who know enough to play understand what Fantasy Land is - the bits they can't remember are the Royalties and the cut off points for FL.

Thanks for having the inspiration to put this together and good look with the tourney.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom