Online Home Poker (3 Viewers)

There's a GitHub repo for this? Cool :) ... Since @StevieG is working on it, I'll let him continue.

Yeah, once @AceFour made the change for fractional formats I decided this should be more explicitly collaborative.

I am not a huge GitHub user though, so you may need to prompt me on working together and so on.

Anyway, changes made.

I was worried about using [^\s] as there are sometimes in the Mavens log where the screen name is followed directly by a colon with no whitespace.

So instead I went with the [\w-] approach. I hear you on other characters, though, so I tested it against a couple of non-ASCII names that Mavens allowed as indicated above. Seems to work like a champ.

I did have to make a change so that the CSV option now explicitly writes utf-8. This may make this incompatible with Python 2 again, AceFour may weigh in on that.

The GitHub is here: https://github.com/yellowtongue/process-log-mavens

Can anyone else who uses Pokerstars Home Games check if this is the case for you?

It would mean making a move to Poker Mavens and I may need to make the move soon as my next game is Friday. Reoccurring already scheduled games seem to be ok, but for how long.

Thanks
Grant

FYI, It looks like PStars has added the different starting stack options back. Good news.

Hi everyone. We're running multiple small buy in home game tournaments every day using Pokerstars and the new change in the software is causing a few wrinkles. We only run non NLHE tournaments and mix these up each day. Is there some reason why PS has suddenly allowed the entry period to be 1 hour? It used to be 10 minutes. And, is there a way that players can see hand histories? The hand history tab is always blank.

And, is there a way that players can see hand histories? The hand history tab is always blank.

The lack of hand histories on the play money Stars games is probably #1 or #1A gripe among those adopting it for games in the last three months.

The other candidate would be the rake in the play money ring games.

The lack of hand histories on the play money Stars games is probably #1 or #1A gripe among those adopting it for games in the last three months.

The other candidate would be the rake in the play money ring games.
I’ve never understood why they rake play money games or tourneys.

We are working on hosting our own mavens. We did hold another game on pokerrr2 last night and it was goofy. First 4 out of 5 hands flop a single suited board. I will be happy to go back to a live game again.

We are working on hosting our own mavens.

Good luck with Mavens. Our crew loves it. We are able to do sit 'n gos, play mix games, bounty tournaments. So many options.

We did hold another game on pokerrr2 last night and it was goofy. First 4 out of 5 hands flop a single suited board.

You are bound to notice more goofy things like that since (1) online you will a lot more flops and therefore your sample size is going to be larger (2) you actually have hand histories to go back and answer the question "did that actually happen?"

We notice more big hands (last night quad kings over quad jacks, for one) but we are also playing as many hands in one week as we used to see over a course of 4 months live.

It's because they sell the play money. It's not really 'play money' anymore..... it's actually 'pokerstars currency'.

I mean I know that. It still seems goofy to me. Of course it also amazes me that people actually spend real money to buy play money.

Also explains why I have like $15M and other people have hundreds of millions. LOL

We notice more big hands (last night quad kings over quad jacks, for one) but we are also playing as many hands in one week as we used to see over a course of 4 months live.
We didn’t notice how often big hands happen until we ran a high hand jackpot in our live tournaments and within the first hour “QUAD 7s!” Usually early in the tournament when ppl play more hands it seems to get bigger hands.

Every tournament it was quad 8+ that won high hands.

We didn’t notice how often big hands happen until we ran a high hand jackpot in our live tournaments and within the first hour “QUAD 7s!” Usually early in the tournament when ppl play more hands it seems to get bigger hands.

Every tournament it was quad 8+ that won high hands.

In general, we've only seen big hands in our weekly tournament and not in our cash game. The tournament has a lower buy-in and a deep stack which allows bad hands to play a lot more flops. It also means that you can see more rivers too. I think this leads to much higher chances to see big hands. Normally 45suited would be folded in a bad position, but in the cheap online tournaments, it's called and will sometimes make a straight flush.

The cash game is much more dangerous and people play smarter, so a lot less opportunity. I think we've seen quads once in there cash game over 3 months. In the tournament, maybe 10x.

Last edited:
Quick note here for those using processLogMavens.py

Someone on the Briggs Soft forums made a good suggestion today: move common options out of the script itself and into an external config file.

I had been meaning to do that for at least the roster of players, but I appreciate the idea that someone might put other options there and just be able to update the Python script from the repo without editing it for their changes.

So the script now looks for processLogMavens.ini in the same directory where it is executed. You do not need to have it and the script is still self contained, but if you want to you can use the INI file to make config changes (and in particular you can refer to an external roster in JSON format if you are using the mail option to send players updates).

The repo is updated: https://github.com/yellowtongue/process-log-mavens

FYI @AceFour @BearMetal @naked_eskimo

Last edited:
I’m way late here but is there anyone here running Pokerrrr2 cash games during the day? If so, long time member? Not sure if I’m down for a friend of a friend of a friends.

One more quick update on the processLogMavens.py script.

There was a follow-up suggestion to allow the output of the native "Export > Email With Names" from Mavens as the source file for the player roster of emails.

The script is updated and the new option in the INI file is EmailExportFile

Looks like Android is now live for Home Games on Pokerstars (just prompted to download new version and I can access Home Games). No idea if there are any limitations on play.

Progressive knockout has been added to formats which is cool!

OK I think I get it now.

So if I were the host, everyone would send me their buy-ins via Venmo or PayPal. I would then pay them out at the end of the night.

So can the host allocate a certain number of chips to each player (to match their buy-in)?

Is doing this and having the tip box “on” legal in California? ...asking for a friend

I’m way late here but is there anyone here running Pokerrrr2 cash games during the day? If so, long time member? Not sure if I’m down for a friend of a friend of a friends.

We have been playing on pokerrr2 3-4 times a week and everyone in the group is feeling there is something up with that app. Last night was the last time I play that app. Consistently there are way more suck outs with low odds then normal. I have been trying to put my finger on it now for the last couple of weeks.

What happens is normal behavior of folks that build a stack, they take more chances on the river catching their card. Time and time again they catch those 8%-ers that has a snowball effect where there are only 3 people out 14-15 players in the positive a night. It isn't the same players but the ones that win early and build a stack. Not only with my hands I watched others when I wasn't in play and their was a large bet on the turn followed by the suck out on the river and happened all night long and has been for weeks.

Question re: MTT - Do you have to specify the numbers of tables, or can the software determine that based on the number of entrants? I'd prefer to leave the MTT recurring every week, but I have no way of knowing how many people are playing ahead of time. I'll need 2-3 tables, but I don't want three short tables if I only have 18 people.

If I set it to 3 tables and I don't fill two, will it automatically leave the 3rd table empty?

Thanks!

Question re: MTT - Do you have to specify the numbers of tables, or can the software determine that based on the number of entrants? I'd prefer to leave the MTT recurring every week, but I have no way of knowing how many people are playing ahead of time. I'll need 2-3 tables, but I don't want three short tables if I only have 18 people.

If I set it to 3 tables and I don't fill two, will it automatically leave the 3rd table empty?

Thanks!

You set it to #players per table x #tables. Let's say you do 9 x 3. The maximum number of people will be 27. But if you have 18, you'll only have 2 tables. It rebalances as players join and drop. 19 players will then break into 3 tables (6,6,7).

You can also auto start tournament at a specific time if a certain number of players have joined

You set it to #players per table x #tables. Let's say you do 9 x 3. The maximum number of people will be 27. But if you have 18, you'll only have 2 tables. It rebalances as players join and drop. 19 players will then break into 3 tables (6,6,7).

You can also auto start tournament at a specific time if a certain number of players have joined

Thank you!! Again and again!! Haha. I had set it to 27 and 3 tables so that should be the perfect setup even if we have less people.

Time to work on the elastic IP now....

MTT Rebuy Question:

I just ran a simulated tourney with rebuys. It offered me the option to "double rebuy," but I didn't see that option in the settings. Is there a way to allow just a single rebuy? But unlimited single rebuys?

Setting the maximum number of rebuys to -1 will give you unlimited rebuys. I've never seen an option for a double rebuy so I'm not sure what you're talking about. The rebuy levels specifies the time that people can rebuy

Last edited:
I agree with and understand everything you said above.

For clarification, the tournament had 20K starting stacks. After I busted out, I was able to rebuy with a 40K stack. I may just limit rebuys to a single rebuy to make sure someone doesn't come in a dwarf the majority of players.

For clarification, the tournament had 20K starting stacks. After I busted out, I was able to rebuy with a 40K stack. I may just limit rebuys to a single rebuy to make sure someone doesn't come in a dwarf the majority of players.

That definitely seems off. What is the Rebuy Threshold set to for the tournament?

Also, in my experience testing this in the past, even with a high threshold, I could only execute one rebuy during the course of a hand. I would have to wait for another hand to execute a subsequent rebuy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom