Online Home Poker (6 Viewers)

If you are using a final table graphic on your Mavens site I would be curious to see it. Thinking about adding one and am looking for inspiration.

If you are using a final table graphic on your Mavens site I would be curious to see it. Thinking about adding one and am looking for inspiration.

Well, it would be quite disappointing if I didn't make it to my final table this week...

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 1.58.51 PM.png

Recruiting for online poker. Message me for details. Active group - 2 to 4 tables a night.

Here is my final table. Of course the draft stamps are not on them.

1598989833598.png

Recruiting for online poker. Message me for details. Active group - 2 to 4 tables a night.
Have you picked up any more west coast players? I'd like to play more, but the times I'm interested in playing (evening PT) not a lot of games seem to be playing.

Have you picked up any more west coast players? I'd like to play more, but the times I'm interested in playing (evening PT) not a lot of games seem to be playing.
A couple I believe. The games usually fizzle out around 1:30 AM CST on weekdays and 3AM or so on weekends.

My Maven's site, Teddy KGB's Place will be holding a Labor Day No Limit Hold’em bounty freezeout (no re-buys no add-ons) tournament on Sunday, September 6 at 8:00 PM (Central). Our weekly recurring tournaments have often been getting 25 or more players so there should be a decent turnout.

Details:
  • No Limit Hold’em freezeout (no re-buys and no add-ons)
  • $70 buy-in. No tournament fee.
  • $20 paid for each bounty
  • 25,000 starting chips
  • All levels 10 minutes. Tournament length has been running about three hours.
  • Starting time Sunday, September 6 at 8:00 PM (Central)
  • Late registration for 65 minutes (end of first break)
PM me if you would like to have the link to the site. There will likely be very active cash tables during and after the tournament.

I hope you will join us.

After some misfires with other sites, I’ve settled into playing almost nightly in a tourney run on the Pppoker app.

The money is handled offsite by the host; all the players are friend of the host and 95% of us have played F2F before, so there are no worries if the site gets shut down, etc.

The Pppoker interface is fine. Seemed goofy at first, but I kind of like it now. Essentially the same as PokerBros and some others.

I prefer playing on my tablet, sincr the feel is more expansive, I can see all the stack and bet sizes without squinting, fewer misclicks, and I can easily wander around the house, do chores, even cook while playing.

Tried playing in some Stars games on my laptop, hated that. I guess their home games can be done on mobile now, but I haven’t gone back.

As with pretty much all games full of players who mostly play live, spending lots of time online for the first time, there is a lot of bitching about ridiculous suck outs and bad beats.

In one of my first sessions, someone with 83o called my 10 BB shove with AA and flopped a boat... I almost quit right there, but now I have gotten used to the fact that with volume comes a clearer picture of just how much variance the game’s design has. After a rough first month I now have by far the highest ITM% of the group (not-so-humble brag), to the extent that I’m starting to get a lot of grief.

Pppoker also lets you run “free” cash games (again, we’re handling $$$ offsite). I’ve tried some of these, but the host now only runs PLO8, a game I love live but apparently suck at online (self-effacing comment to compensate for prior brag).

Love to see some of the custom designs you guys have done on your Mavens sites... I am trying to get a few done to rotate for our players and need some inspiration ... would be great if you posted what here it’s custom or from a template. Thx guys

I have having an issue with setting up Poker Mavens with the free trial version. I am able to see my game with a password protected room however when I connect to it the servers states it cannot be found. I am using my IP address in the settings and I have opened ports 8087 to 8088 with my ASUS router (TCP). I am able to see my game locally using the client button. I checked my local firewall and it says the program is allowed as well. Is there something else I can check to see why it may be not working?

I have having an issue with setting up Poker Mavens with the free trial version. I am able to see my game with a password protected room however when I connect to it the servers states it cannot be found. I am using my IP address in the settings and I have opened ports 8087 to 8088 with my ASUS router (TCP). I am able to see my game locally using the client button. I checked my local firewall and it says the program is allowed as well. Is there something else I can check to see why it may be not working?
You won't be able to get to the ip address that is hosting the server from the same server. Try your phone's internet to see if the ports are open correctly.

You won't be able to get to the ip address that is hosting the server from the same server. Try your phone's internet to see if the ports are open correctly.

Thank you for your help. I tried using my 5G connection on my phone and it appears to load the server but then it times out after a while. I think this means the ports may be incorrect still.

I am still having difficulty running Poker Mavens. I created a server on Poker Mavens, opened my ports on my router and checked my router settings for anything that could block my connection however when I try to join the server it takes a while to load the website and then it states it times out. I am not sure what else I can try to do. I am using the trial software to test it so I am not sure if that is causing the issue or not. I have Poker Mavens and the Poker Mavens server as allowed on my Windows Firewall as well. Does anyone with experience with the software or networking may know what could be causing this?

I am still having difficulty running Poker Mavens. I created a server on Poker Mavens, opened my ports on my router and checked my router settings for anything that could block my connection however when I try to join the server it takes a while to load the website and then it states it times out. I am not sure what else I can try to do. I am using the trial software to test it so I am not sure if that is causing the issue or not. I have Poker Mavens and the Poker Mavens server as allowed on my Windows Firewall as well. Does anyone with experience with the software or networking may know what could be causing this?
Look into the issue of Port Forwarding. You need to tell the firewall router to translate the Public (external) IP address of the router that clients use to the Private (internal) IP address that your server is using. Not saying that is for sure the issue, but it is possible.

There is a writeup on the poker Mavens help FAQ.

Just to chime in on this topic, we got a pretty lively club on pokerrr2, no complaints so far. We got cash 2-5 nights a week either plo or holdem .5-1, 1-2, 2-4

I just got on the pokermaven bandwagon after trying P* horrible home games solution.
However, I have one nut I can't crack. At our rebuy tourneys, we allow a buyin and a rebuy immediately. Meaning you start with T5000 and you can rebuy if you have 5000 chips or less. That means that if you bust, you can do a double rebuy and get T10.000. This works, but I don't understand how you can rebuy if you have 5000 or less. There's no rebuy option before you're bust?

Is there a setting I missed?

I just got on the pokermaven bandwagon after trying P* horrible home games solution.
However, I have one nut I can't crack. At our rebuy tourneys, we allow a buyin and a rebuy immediately. Meaning you start with T5000 and you can rebuy if you have 5000 chips or less. That means that if you bust, you can do a double rebuy and get T10.000. This works, but I don't understand how you can rebuy if you have 5000 or less. There's no rebuy option before you're bust?

You have to set your rebuy threshold to something other than starting stack. I have mine set to 500 chips I believe. So you can rebuy if you are almost felted. I'll look later and post a screen shot of someone doesn't beat me to it.

You missed it. In the menu, you select "Add More Chips". If you do it in the middle of a hand and happen to win the hand and go back above 5k, it won't actually let you buy more.

You have to set your rebuy threshold to something other than starting stack. I have mine set to 500 chips I believe. So you can rebuy if you are almost felted. I'll look later and post a screen shot of someone doesn't beat me to it.
I have my Rebuy threshold same as Starting chips. So people can rebuy before the tournament starts or if they're below. The help text says this is the maximum which is what I want. But I didn't see how to rebuy/add more chips but I think BearMetal is onto something.

You missed it. In the menu, you select "Add More Chips". If you do it in the middle of a hand and happen to win the hand and go back above 5k, it won't actually let you buy more.
Aha. So I guess this is a menu on the table? I was looking for a button, never thought of checking the menu but I will before we start. Thanks!

Edit: I just realized I could check this without a tournament running (but online/registrering) and found it. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom