Online Home Poker (3 Viewers)

@AceFour that is a good sumary and review of the service Faded Spade is proividing.

• Buy-in and cash-out really requires the host to keep track separably. You can get it from the hand history but you would have to search when people buy/cash out

From my experience, Faded Spade is using Poker Mavens to power their service. Your host should be able to use the script found in this post earlier in the thread to help track transactions and the amount coming in to play, and what players end with: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/online-home-poker.54141/post-1106492

The key thing for your host will be making sure to grab (and save) the full log files for the entire session. They can collect multiple files from multiple players. The script will handle the presence of multiple copies of the same hand historiy.

Last edited:
@AceFour that is a good sumary and review of the service Faded Spade is proividing.

From my experience, Faded Spade is using Poker Mavens to power their service. Your host should be able to use the script found in this post earlier in the thread to help track transactions and the amount coming in to play, and what players end with: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/online-home-poker.54141/post-1106492

The key thing for your host will be making sure to grab (and save) the full log files for the entire session. They can collect multiple files from multiple players. The script will handle the presence of multiple copies of the same hand historiy.
Sweet! I will give that try. Never put two and two together that Faded Spade was using Poker Maven. If you bought Poker Maven and host yourself can you run multiple tables?

If you have the correct license, yes. I think there are pretty rigid limitations on the Lite license. With the Pro license you can run as many tables as your system and network will support basically.

It was really hard to visit the Faded Spade website and not buy a deck of cards! The shipping to Canada would cost the same as the cards, or more probably :(

Sad, as I would love to get my hands on a deck of those.

It was really hard to visit the Faded Spade website and not buy a deck of cards! The shipping to Canada would cost the same as the cards, or more probably :(

Sad, as I would love to get my hands on a deck of those.
I like their cards and have 3 sets including the 4-color. 4-color really needs good lighting. My fav deck is Desijn

I love Desijn as well. I have a double deck setup and they are one of my favorite.

I wish I could get Kems not to bow so badly. Every couple of years I convince myself to buy a new Kem setup and think that THIS time they will not bow after a couple of months. I have been proven wrong every time. Shame, as a I really love the way Kems feel and look, they just don't keep their shape anymore.

Sweet! I will give that try. Never put two and two together that Faded Spade was using Poker Maven. If you bought Poker Maven and host yourself can you run multiple tables?

Yes, I am reluctant to even say it because I appreciate what Faded Spade is doing. Mavens is great, but for many people just using Faded Spade means they do not have to worry about hosting, installing, and the commitment is just month to month.

That said...

If you have the correct license, yes. I think there are pretty rigid limitations on the Lite license. With the Pro license you can run as many tables as your system and network will support basically.

Yeah, if you do the Pro version you can setup multiple games, no worries. For our group it was the right thing to do. I have no problem with the install and host. We had enough demand for running multiple games. It just made sense.

For others, letting Faded Spade do that work and just renting a table is a fine option.

I like their cards and have 3 sets including the 4-color. 4-color really needs good lighting. My fav deck is Desijn

I have Desgjn cards going back to 2008 (!). They are quite nice and I need to get them back into the rotation more.

Once we are playing in person again, that is.

Is anyone using Discord voice chat piping music into the voice channel? I was able to do it using a virtual mic input/output (playback of Spotify into Discord via another account), but I'm concerned with the low quality of Discord audio.

Anyone else have experience with this?

Ok, giving back. I took the script that @StevieG wrote and noted when I run on Python3 it reports a lot of unnecessary adjustments of a fraction of cents. I also format to 2 decimal places using Python 3 formatting so I don't think it will work on Python 2 but Python 2 should have gone the way of the doo-doo by now.

Maybe @StevieG can give me feedback if I changed anything critical but it seemed to work for the 8000+ line hand history for last nights game.

Attachments

• processLogMavens.txt
    25.3 KB · Views: 159
Is anyone using Discord voice chat piping music into the voice channel? I was able to do it using a virtual mic input/output (playback of Spotify into Discord via another account), but I'm concerned with the low quality of Discord audio.

Anyone else have experience with this?
Doing this worked very well BTW. It helps with Discord as I've found sometimes it can drop and you won't realize it for a few minutes.

I don't think you changed anything critical @AceFour and i appreciate the fix (I do not normally play anything less tha 0.25/0.50 blind games, but I have noticed in 0.05/0.10 games that the fractions became an issue). Thanks!

I took advantage of this as an excuse to get this on GitHub, too. So future additions and changes should be easier. https://github.com/yellowtongue/process-log-mavens

New to that whole process (I basically just duff around with my own scripting stuff locally) so I may be slow reacting to any collaborative work (pull requests and so on).

I don't think you changed anything critical @AceFour and i appreciate the fix (I do not normally play anything less tha 0.25/0.50 blind games, but I have noticed in 0.05/0.10 games that the fractions became an issue). Thanks!

I took advantage of this as an excuse to get this on GitHub, too. So future additions and changes should be easier. https://github.com/yellowtongue/process-log-mavens

New to that whole process (I basically just duff around with my own scripting stuff locally) so I may be slow reacting to any collaborative work (pull requests and so on).
Oh sweet! I will contrib any more change there if needed.

I just tried to add a home game for my league on P* Home Games and the game speed and starting chips were hard coded at Fast and 3K. Prescheduled games were ok.

Did I do something wrong or is everyone seeing this?

Thanks
Grant

I just tried to add a home game for my league on P* Home Games and the game speed and starting chips were hard coded at Fast and 3K. Prescheduled games were ok.

Thanks
Grant
I just noticed that a minute ago when I tried to set up our tourney for tomorrow. This is not ideal.

Thanks
Grant
Can anyone else who uses Pokerstars Home Games check if this is the case for you?

It would mean making a move to Poker Mavens and I may need to make the move soon as my next game is Friday. Reoccurring already scheduled games seem to be ok, but for how long.

Thanks
Grant

Can anyone else who uses Pokerstars Home Games check if this is the case for you?

It would mean making a move to Poker Mavens and I may need to make the move soon as my next game is Friday. Reoccurring already scheduled games seem to be ok, but for how long.

Thanks
Grant

According to PStars support on Twitter, this is the way it is now. Very disappointing.
I'm going to check out Poker Mavens and apparently Faded Spade has a home game option as well. https://www.fadedspade.com/cardclub

Thanks
Grant

Thanks
Grant
I never noticed any real difference between Fast mode or not. Pokerstars made several changes to the Home Game software recently, including removal of some games (and added a new one). See link below for details:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...erest-and-requests.35818/page-33#post-1121436

According to PStars support on Twitter, this is the way it is now. Very disappointing.
I'm going to check out Poker Mavens and apparently Faded Spade has a home game option as well. https://www.fadedspade.com/cardclub
Faded Spade is using Poker Mavens for their platform. You can rent a table for $20/month. I would imagine that the table owner would get a remote admin page that only works for that table--I can't confirm that as I have my own Poker Mavens server. But there would have to be some mechanism for creating accounts, editing balances, etc beyond just a table to use.

But if you don't want the cost of a license for Poker Mavens and don't want to deal with the technical side of setting up and hosting a server, that is probably a pretty decent option.

Faded Spade is using Poker Mavens for their platform. You can rent a table for $20/month. I would imagine that the table owner would get a remote admin page that only works for that table--I can't confirm that as I have my own Poker Mavens server. But there would have to be some mechanism for creating accounts, editing balances, etc beyond just a table to use.

I was a Faded Spade user before hosting my own instance of Poker Mavens.

At the time that our group was using it (up until early to mid May) there was not any kind of admin interface - basically you just had a reserved table built with a password.

There was no ability to see and manage balances, table details, and so on. That's part of the reason I built the hand history processing script.

I agree, though, that if you just want a painless way to get your own table or regularly scheduled tournament set up without doing the work of hosting software yourself, Faded Spade is offering a good service.

Hell, even if you just want to take Mavens for a spin, not a bad way to do it.

@BearMetal No, I have not seen the sccript fail on usernames with dashes. No dashes in use in player names I have worked with.

Sorry about that. I am pretty sure I just used the \w regex option, and I did not realize that the - was being treated as a word boundary and not part of the word (as an underscore is).

Did you just update \w+ to [\w-]+ throughout?

@BearMetal No, I have not seen the sccript fail on usernames with dashes. No dashes in use in player names I have worked with.

Sorry about that. I am pretty sure I just used the \w regex option, and I did not realize that the - was being treated as a word boundary and not part of the word (as an underscore is).

Did you just update \w+ to [\w-]+ throughout?

No need to apologize; it was a quick fix. At first, I did just replace it with [\w-]+ but then I realized that there might be other characters we don't know of which are allowed, so I changed it to ([^\s]+)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom