Online Home Poker (6 Viewers)

Can someone pm me how to run this report so I can view/save results? I'm not the handiest with a comp, but I can usually fake my way through it. Just would be interested in seeing what the data shows about my player pool.
In addition to what Stevie already said, I find the easiest thing to do is take whatever hand history file(s) you want, put them in a folder where you have already copied the processLogMavens.py into, and then open a command window in that folder and type processLogMavens.py (or just start typing proc and hit tab and it should auto complete) and then a -g and then *.txt (to process all hand history files in that folder) then pipe it to a txt file for viewing.

So, for example, I copy the processLogsMaven.py to c:\hhtracking along with some hand history txt files, then all you need to do to end up with a file called summary.txt is run the below command from a command window in c:\hhtracking:

processLogMavens.py -g *.txt >> summary.txt

That will summarize any handhistory files in that folder and create a summary.txt to view the results. I have done this with as few as two files and as many as 30 to 40 at a time this way. If, for example, I wanted a monthly, or weekly, or "to date" type of summary.

If you are unfamiliar with navigating directories using the command prompt, this article will help you add an entry to the right click context menu in Windows explorer. This will add a "open command window here" option. So all you would need to do is right click on the folder where you have copied the processLogMavens.py and your hand history files into, and select open command window here. Then you will have a command window in the correct folder to run the command example I provided above.

https://www.itprotoday.com/windows-10/add-open-command-window-here-windows-10-context-menu

Last edited:
Would any of you more experienced user mind outlining your process for installing the poker maven updates/patches?

For updates, all you do is follow the link that Kent will have sent in an email notification. Then download the file that matches your license (Lite, Pro, or Gold), and then just run the exe file. That's it.

To be cautious, I would back up the data folder first. In pokermavens, if you go to the system tab, then help, then locate data folder, that is the folder to backup.

That's me. Thanks naked_eskimo, glad you find it helpful.

Since I was processing Mavens hand history for that information, I also decided to try converting Mavens hand histories for import into Poker Tracker.

I mostly did this because people had asked for it on those forums and I was curious about the problem.

But I don't actually use Poker Tracker myself, and no one on the Briggs Soft forums has replied to my offer for testing,

So I'll ask here considering there seems to be a pretty active user base here.

Does anyone here use Poker Tracker to monitor their own play looking for leaks and so on and want to try testing this converter for Mavens?

I'll test it out, drop me a PM

For updates, all you do is follow the link that Kent will have sent in an email notification. Then download the file that matches your license (Lite, Pro, or Gold), and then just run the exe file. That's it.

To be cautious, I would back up the data folder first. In pokermavens, if you go to the system tab, then help, then locate data folder, that is the folder to backup.
Updates are certainly easy to do, but I have never received an email notification of an update. I have usually learned of them on this thread, or sometimes from browsing the Briggsoft site or Poker Mavens support forum.

One thing to note when updating is that you must close the program prior to doing so. First take all tables offline, then press the Stop button on the System tab, then close the program. Once the program is updated, simply open the program, press the Start button on the System tab, then put any games that you want to run online. All account and game settings will be retained, but any registrations for upcoming tournaments will be lost (you must re-register all participants) when you take a tournament offline.

Last edited:
Stevie, I was running my summary report for all hand histories to date and thought of an enhancement that would be nice, if you have time and inclination.

When I run a report on a large number of files and create a summary report, I then have to scroll down through each players results per session to get to the total. It would be cool if the script could summarize for us. So that when I open the summary.txt it would list PlayerA is up X, PlayerB is up X, etc ...along with PlayerC is down X, etc..and so on. Would save a lot of mouse wheel scrolling through a line for every session they have ever played.

Just a thought.

Thanks again for the effort you have put into this script. I use it daily.

naked_eskimo,

It might already do what you want it to do.

Try running with the -c option set. It will create two CSV files in the background:

1) gamelog.csv - this is a ledger in CSV format of all the individual player notes, suitable for import into a speadsheet and processing how you might like
2) balance.csv - this is a CSV file with just the summary information you are looking for. One line for each player, indicating date, up or down, and a number (to be precise the numbers are in two different columns to account separately for up and down without using a sign).

To use your example earlier, the command with the --csv option would look like:

Code:
processLogMavens.py -c -g *.txt >> summary.txt

Look for those two CSV files to be created in the same directory where you run the command.

Yeah, at that point if the CSV is what you really need you can also run it in quiet mode with -q (with quiet mode it does not print out the player notes to STDOUT) and not even bother redirecting the output.

Code:
processLogMavens.py -c -q -g *.txt

The only output (other than the CSV files) that will give you is the summary info: number of players, list of tables processed, the number of hands for each table, and the final balance number (again should be zero).

I’m needing help getting SSL encryption working. Can someone PM me and help me thru it. Kent talks way over my head. I have gone to Comodo and bought a key or whatever it is. Just can’t get the correct files.

I’m needing help getting SSL encryption working. Can someone PM me and help me thru it. Kent talks way over my head. I have gone to Comodo and bought a key or whatever it is. Just can’t get the correct files.

Reaching out by PM. Let's see if we can get it sorted out. Copying @naked_eskimo too because I am sure he might want to lend a hand.

Hey @Poker4ever sounds like this may be a topic of at least some more general interest.

I will PM you but to also post here, these are the key things you need:

1) You need to get the OpenSSL libraries (libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll ) on to your server and in the same directory as PMserver.exe - you will want the 64 bit versions of the library for the 64 bit Gold edition, otherwise the 32 bit libraries.

2) Be sure to have a DNS record for your domain name pointing to the IP address where you are hosting PokerMavens

3) certificate files, specifically the certificate authority certificate (ca.cer) and your <domain>.key and <domain>.cer as issued by your certificate authority (be that Comodo or whomever)

Once you have that the rest is filling out the right settings in the PokerMavens system settings.

I'll add that after you purchase from comodo, you still need to verify your domain (and wait for the external entity to do the verification) before the SSL Certificate files are available for download. That part tripped me up a bit as I was expecting something more automatic. In the end it was no big deal, just not being familiar with the process.

Anyone have some fancy Mavens table files they are willing to share? I've been trying to make my own, but I definitely lack the skill to make a truly nice one.

Anyone have some fancy Mavens table files they are willing to share? I've been trying to make my own, but I definitely lack the skill to make a truly nice one.
There were a couple posts about 4 pages earlier about custom tables

If you don't mind the branding... :D

Green table v4 no chat.png

I am not an artist and my free hand drawings are terrible. But I was able to use freely available GIMP (Gnu Image Manipulation Program) software to make changes to the source image files from Kent to get what I wanted.

GIMP works with layered images, and those layers are key to getting things done.

Starting with Kent's images, I mostly focused on inserting new background images behind the table for a richer background. And then adding layers with transparency on top of the table to get the effect of printing on the felt.

PM5TableBDSC2.png
PM5TableBDSC2Blue.png
PM5TableCannibalPot.png
PM5TableFinalBDSC2.png

The final table drawing adds a few more layers, to produce the lighting ring around the table, and to add the curtains.

Attention Mavens operators - version 6.21 is out and has a critical patch.

If you are on 6.20 already and run tournaments you are going to want to upgrae right away.

Last edited:
Yes, 6.19 added the bounty tournament concept.

6.20 greatly improved the bounty concept by reporting on it formally in the tournament history (in 6.19 the software was just handling the bounty from a transaction standpoint and not recording it in the writeup) and changed the way the bounty was awarded in side-pot situations to match generally accepted convention.

6.21 adds bounty stats to running tournament information and has a fix around bounty awards from a player being blinded off and fixes a whitespace issue in player registration.

That whitespace issue is a potential DB problem, so I would suggest getting on 6.21 even if you don't run bounty tournaments.

Yes, 6.19 added the bounty tournament concept.

6.20 greatly improved the bounty concept by reporting on it formally in the tournament history (in 6.19 the software was just handling the bounty from a transaction standpoint and not recording it in the writeup) and changed the way the bounty was awarded in side-pot situations to match generally accepted convention.

6.21 adds bounty stats to running tournament information and has a fix around bounty awards from a player being blinded off and fixes a whitespace issue in player registration.

That whitespace issue is a potential DB problem, so I would suggest getting on 6.21 even if you don't run bounty tournaments.
6.22 is when they add draw2maha and double board games??? A man can dream.

6.22 is when they add draw2maha and double board games??? A man can dream.

My wish list would be to at least add pot-limit and no-limit betting structure for the existing stud games, but an expansion of the game roster would also be welcome.

Kent has come out and said that he is interested in adding games, but that it would be part of a major release (Poker Mavens 7).

He also said that he was looking to Poker Stars game popularity as a guideline for additional games.

That would seem to align with including some kind of draw game (deuce-to-seven or badugi). I would think the effort to add new UI mechanics for draw poker and so on would be more than what a minor update might include.

We setup a private home table on Faded Spade club room yesterday for the local group. It was positive experience.

The good:
  • Browser based
  • Did mixed NLE / PLO
  • Hand history can be exported as a text file (it's a lot of data)
  • Running stats on your play
  • Felt like more realistic boards than Pokerrr2 app (I'll explain below)
The bad:
  • Buy-in and cash-out really requires the host to keep track separably. You can get it from the hand history but you would have to search when people buy/cash out
For the bad I believe the host is requesting that feature be added. The reason we moved from Pokerrr2 is the perceived by the group to having something odd going on with the board. I have captured 120 hands and run the numbers and it seems perfectly within distribution of randomness but that doesn't stop folks perception that the board pairs more often than not and a lot of runner-runner seeming done to create action. In my sample the board paired 42 times out of 120 hands which I am not sure is high or low for a 5 card runout. Someone will have to give me the stats on how often a board pairs to the river. As for runner-runner I have seen some goofy run outs but that could be we have a group of players that will play any two cards to showdown. So I personally I don't think there is anything wrong with Pokerrr2.

As for play, playing browser based and being able to select action before your turn such as check/fold. On one Pokerrrr2 club group they push the shot clock to 30 seconds and I think I could play a game of chess before seeing the flop. That group plays maybe 20-25 hands an hour. Other pokerrr2 group has it at 15 seconds and gets about 35 hands an hour. On Faded Spade we were seeing about the same at 35 hands an hour.

Perception was the cards were more realistic on Faded Spade. Didn't see a lot of runner-runner craziness and the other perception on pokerrr2 was there was a hot seat and cold seat the cards seem to gravitate to every game. The two groups play 5 times a week, typically 0.25/0.50 NLH or 1/2 NLH and this perception is with both groups.

So for all the criticism of Pokerrr2, statistics don't lie but perception is reality. I dunno what to make of it but I did enjoy the play on Faded Spade a lot more and not have to hold my phone for 5 straight hours.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom