Votes: 26 68.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 12 31.6%

• Total voters

MatB

Royal Flush
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but it think oiling chips should be reserved for older, worn, Ultrasonic cleaned chips. Or personal new custom CPC sets.

Personally its tilting to see oiled new Paulsons. Also i think it devalues them.
is it just me?

( yup this is my 'old man yells at cloud' moment o_O)

show me the money ! (link ?)

@JeepologyOffroad's photo.

CE05465F-62AF-4DFB-B16C-D0FD0946FF7B.png

Edit: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/silver-star-5.46376/

Yep definitely not new.

Do these qualify as new?

I personally wouldn’t oil any new Paulsons like the boat chips, but will oil all the things when it comes to anything else.

Dont know if they are new, but they look pretty sweet !! Are there more?

Lightly. Shuffling mint Horseshoe $100s created black dust and made them look dirty immediately.

Isn't this more a matter of opinion and personal preference over right or wrong...?
100% but always fun to debate :)

Oiling new Paulson solids can help blend color inconsistencies. Helps a lot on darker colors like green, charcoal, and black.
Never mind, he has spoken.

Nah, so long as there's no inlay damage. Can always be cleaned if desired. Underlying chip isn't changed.

Once oiled i don't think you can call them mint uncirculated either though.

LOL.. so you recreated 10 years of hooker juice in one oiling session. And you want to keep 'mint' in the description?

No No No ! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Once oiled i don't think you can call them mint uncirculated either though.

Once you've played with them you can't say that, either.

If you've got Mint chips that you never want to play with and will sell them in the future, then don't oil them. But I thought that 90% of the point of this collecting was to get them into play, and not necessarily for investment purposes.

Once you've played with them you can't say that, either.

If you've got Mint chips that you never want to play with and will sell them in the future, then don't oil them. But I thought that 90% of the point of this collecting was to get them into play, and not necessarily for investment purposes.

True, any chips i own are destined to hit the felt. So they will at some point possibly be 'new, played with XX times' or "very good"

The devaluing part come for me is if a rack is listed as new uncirculated and another is new uncirculated but oiled. I know which id rather pay more money for.

Last edited:
I voted no, as I have always been opposed to oiling Paulsons. I don't like the feel of the oiled chips as opposed to their natural condition.

However, I do now have a dilemma. I have a bunch of uncirculated Dunes $25s that have been sitting on the shelf for decades. They look great but they also look very very dry. I am concerned that they might be brittle, and will have problems when I put them in play. I really don't want to oil them, but I am thinking it might be necessary. Anybody know if my concerns are founded?

So you're saying I better oil them before putting them into play?
Sorry, I was just kidding about it being a concern you had them on a shelf unplayed for decades :D

I couldn’t say for sure but I have heard people who noted dry chips cracking falling from table height though who knows if that was the primary cause

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom