Oiling Chips Done Right

Lancew09

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Newbie here; just got my first set of CC's and just wanted to say thanks to @Trihonda - genius method. I can't believe the difference it made; the chips just POP now.

I managed to do 900 chips in about 2 hours. First a 30 min session to apply the oil and lay them out / pat them down with a lot of pressure -- and then after waiting ~4 hours, I hand wiped each chip (took about 90 min).

View attachment 246955
View attachment 246956
Since you didn't wait 24/48 hrs until you wiped them off, how are they holding up? Have they faded yet? I'm about to knock out 1300 Majestics and am curious if I really need to let them soak in the Mineral Oil for 24's - I'm worried about the excess oil getting under the insert sticker.

Undream

High Hand
Reaction score
Since you didn't wait 24/48 hrs until you wiped them off, how are they holding up? Have they faded yet? I'm about to knock out 1300 Majestics and am curious if I really need to let them soak in the Mineral Oil for 24's - I'm worried about the excess oil getting under the insert sticker.
I wiped them off within 4 hours of doing it, and they turned out pretty good -- I only have 1 rack left though (I blame this place... sold almost all of them after I touched paulsons...)

that one rack has seen only 3 plays, but, it's been a few months and they look great. I can't imaging doing this more than once every couple years if the chips are getting regular usage. Maybe only one time honestly, and oil from hands will take care of the rest.

I definitely would not let them soak for a long time. I did the water/oil mix and they literally only got a 30 seconds bath per every 20 chips or so.

Reaction score
Let them soak. Otherwise it will fade within a month and you will need to redo it.

Top Bottom