Official Worldwide Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

He just scored a great own goal for Scotland there.
Remember when he had the audacity to do this against Albania?

FEBLgD3XoAMC1bi.jpg

England beat an average Scotland team in a meaningless friendly.

Nobody:

English TV media: England’s name is already engraved on the Euros trophy and Bellingham is better than Messi and Ronaldo combined

England beat an average Scotland team in a meaningless friendly.

Nobody:

English TV media: England’s name is already engraved on the Euros trophy and Bellingham is better than Messi and Ronaldo combined

England will never win anything. Their fans, and their media, will always get in the way

Small nation. Absolutely bat shit mental about fitba (or football those not from here).

View attachment 1196475
As much as I try my brain can never hear football and associate it with This sport my brain is just too engrained in American culture so it's soccer to me....I like to think of football as poker..we have many different claims including some weirdo ones like badugi but it's all poker

As much as I try my brain can never hear football and associate it with This sport my brain is just too engrained in American culture so it's soccer to me....I like to think of football as poker..we have many different claims including some weirdo ones like badugi but it's all poker
Here’s a boring history lesson for you. It used to be known as “association football”. That’s why so many clubs here have AFC after their name.

Then the fashion was to give things shorter nicknames so it became “asoccer” then “soccer”.

At some point it was then known as “football”. So calling it soccer is just an older name for it.

There’s quite a few codes of football so the preceding name was to help differentiate them.

American
Australian Rules
Association
Gaelic
Rugby Union
Rugby League

Probably a few more I haven’t thought of.

That weird sport you call football should be called “hand-egg” :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Here’s a boring history lesson for you. It used to be known as “association football”. That’s why so many clubs here have AFC after their name.

Then the fashion was to give things shorter nicknames so it became “asoccer” then “soccer”.

At some point it was then known as “football”. So calling it soccer is just an older name for it.

There’s quite a few codes of football so the preceding name was to help differentiate them.

American
Australian Rules
Association
Gaelic
Rugby Union
Rugby League

Probably a few more I haven’t thought of.

That weird sport you call football should be called “hand-egg” :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I mean...we kick only a little less than league from what I've seen haha that game is just violence

That was frustrating. Went toe to toe with them for an hour before some clumsy defending gave away a penalty which incredibly Joe Hart saved. But the second yellow / red card cost us. Shouldn’t have been a yellow.

The straight red was stupidity from a youngster who got carried away.

Basically it was the Scandinavians who fucked it for us… and Joe Hart who made a c*nt of the free kick.
IMG_9038.jpeg

Hot Take (maybe?)

VAR is better than what we had pre-VAR.

The real problem is that everyone's expectations became unrealistic/skewed when it rolled out. Just because a computers involved, everyone for some reason thought it'd be perfect?

The expectation of VAR should have been to reduce the number of very bad calls from 100 a season to 25, just as an example. And it's done that.

Also, this recent one happened to Liverpool, and fuck them

Offsides needs reform. Honestly why do we expect so little of defenders that they can't defend a buttcheek too far. Go to daylight between offsides

Hot Take (maybe?)

VAR is better than what we had pre-VAR.

The real problem is that everyone's expectations became unrealistic/skewed when it rolled out. Just because a computers involved, everyone for some reason thought it'd be perfect?

The expectation of VAR should have been to reduce the number of very bad calls from 100 a season to 25, just as an example. And it's done that.

Also, this recent one happened to Liverpool, and fuck them
I don't think anyone's expecting it to be perfect, it's just that this is a monumental human error that really can't be ignored.

I don't think anyone's expecting it to be perfect, it's just that this is a monumental human error that really can't be ignored.

It definitely shouldn't be ignored. When I listened to the audio, I was surprised how quickly they go through it, and that they don't use definitive language and have a double confirmation. These guys should spend a day in a busy restaurants kitchen, that'd fix it.

My larger point is that I strongly disagree with pundits and fans that are against VAR completely, just because an incident like this happens. If we didn't have it, there would be 10x more of wrong decisions made

Scottish Pele saving United's bacon

After 10 minutes they changed their decision to say it wasn’t a foul but it was offside (it wasn’t offside or a foul).

The referee indicated a foul after being called over to watch a reply by the VAR.

Just UEFA being corrupt and wanting to make sure Spain qualify. Lot of TV revenue to be made if Spain qualifies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom