Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (35 Viewers)

Local store had a bourbon release yesterday, here’s what was offered,

IMG_8898.jpeg

Here’s what we ended up with

IMG_8899.jpeg

Amazing!!! Were they selling at or close to retail, or with big markups? I've been searching for nearly a year trying to get a bottle of 107, but I refuse to pay overly inflated prices.
picked up Old fitz for $139.99, Weller 107 was $59.99, EHT single barrel was $69.99, Weller special reserve was $34.99

Nice score! Is that OF1924? Do you know what they where asking?
$119.99 I believe
Just noticed the CASES of Eagle Rare. How could you pass on that???
2 bottle limit per person lol plus I have like 6 of those already, all store picks from there too! they usually have them all the time

Edit: updated weller 107 price

Last edited:
picked up Old fitz for $139.99, Weller 107 was $49.99, EHT single barrel was $69.99, Weller special reserve was $34.99

$119.99 I believe

2 bottle limit per person lol plus I have like 6 of those already, all store picks from there too! they usually have them all the time
Wow!!! Unheard of prices. Congrats

Amazing!!! Were they selling at or close to retail, or with big markups? I've been searching for nearly a year trying to get a bottle of 107, but I refuse to pay overly inflated prices.
Cheapest I have seen 107 by me is $149. MOST places have it from 199-299, ranging closer to that 299 side of the house

Wow!!! Unheard of prices. Congrats
Yeah we are pretty lucky, they will have a sale at basically MSRP or very close to it. Release was at 4pm we were first in line at 9am, then I went in after work right about 330 and was able to pick up both wellers. Sale's like this are maybe every 4 months or so

Local store had a bourbon release yesterday, here’s what was offered,

View attachment 1284348

Here’s what we ended up with

View attachment 1284351
Cali must be nice. That table would not exist in PA...but I did just win the PA Pappy lottery. Not gonna post my good fortune until it's in my hands. You know what they say about counting chickens!

This is delicious! I’m looking forward to comparing this batch to the barreled in 2010 batch that I have. Vastly different bottles. To me, this one drinks a bit hotter even at a lower proof and the rye spice is much more prevalent. The 2010 drinks more like a high rye bourbon and is much sweeter. There’s a nice hint of black jelly bean on the finish of the 2010 that I’m not getting as much of on this 2009. The only real similarity I see between the two is the dry, crumbly wax that goes all over the place when you first open it :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Thanks again @Irish Hopefully your samples get there safe and sound!

D8 v D2

D8 - nose - green apple, brown sugar, oak, proof
palette - char, apple jacks, cinnamon

D2 - nose - caramel, pepper, dark fruit
palette - oak, burnt brown sugar, taffy

winner - D8

the nice apple jack finish of D8 was a winner

D6 v D4

D6 - nose - bubble gum, brown sugar, proof
palette - brown sugar, char, red fruit, nice finish

D4 - nose - Banana Bread, caramel, oak
palette - banana candy, oak, brown sugar, char, very good mouth feel

winner - D4

both pours had a great nose and palette, D4 had a nice full oily mouth feel that I normally get on older whiskey.

Down to the elite 8

bracket12.jpeg

This is delicious! I’m looking forward to comparing this batch to the barreled in 2010 batch that I have. Vastly different bottles. To me, this one drinks a bit hotter even at a lower proof and the rye spice is much more prevalent. The 2010 drinks more like a high rye bourbon and is much sweeter. There’s a nice hint of black jelly bean on the finish of the 2010 that I’m not getting as much of on this 2009. The only real similarity I see between the two is the dry, crumbly wax that goes all over the place when you first open it :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Thanks again @Irish Hopefully your samples get there safe and sound!

Intersesting, now I'm extra curious to do the comparison. I remember liking the 2009 better than the 2010, but don't recall them being that different. My palate is a lot more refined now than it was at that time, so it'll be interesting. :tup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom