Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (41 Viewers)

Had a great weekend at the table. Crushed a cash game Friday night and took 3rd in a 4 table tournament last night! Finally get to put my feet up and relax :cool
IMG_6942.jpeg

My new personal unicorn. If it’s 3x what I paid for my last FP…I MIGHT be able to justify it!!
Happy hunting!

My local has it for $150, and I haven't been able to convince myself it's potentially worth anywhere near that, especially considering the BiB and FP are $45-$50. Same for the 1792 sweet wheat.

Happy hunting!

My local has it for $150, and I haven't been able to convince myself it's potentially worth anywhere near that, especially considering the BiB and FP are $45-$50. Same for the 1792 sweet wheat.

I spent $42 each for the last two FP bottles I bought. I could MAYBE justify $125 but $150 would be a no-go for me.

I love that it’s out there though…something to search for!

I spent $42 each for the last two FP bottles I bought. I could MAYBE justify $125 but $150 would be a no-go for me.

I love that it’s out there though…something to search for!
Great price on those!

Sweet 16

A8 v A7

A8 - nose - char, pepper, proof

palette - caramel, dark fruit, oak, long finish

A7 - nose - dark chocolate, char, cherry

palette - char, fruit, cocoa, long finish

These were both fantastic and very similar. in the end A8 had a slight bitterness on the finish while the finish on A7 was nice and clean.

winner - A7
bracket8.jpeg

Had a great weekend at the table. Crushed a cash game Friday night and took 3rd in a 4 table tournament last night! Finally get to put my feet up and relax :cool View attachment 1281271
Snagged a bottle of that for cheap in NYC and decided to leave it in my work crash pad.... haven't been to my work crash pad in months... so good

Snagged a bottle of that for cheap in NYC and decided to leave it in my work crash pad.... haven't been to my work crash pad in months... so good
I agree! This particular barrel is fantastic! It’s a favorite of mine but it rarely sees light of day anymore :confused

These have become impossible to find. They used to collect dust on the shelves here…now they’re ghosts.

I agree! This particular barrel is fantastic! It’s a favorite of mine but it rarely sees light of day anymore :confused

These have become impossible to find. They used to collect dust on the shelves here…now they’re ghosts.
Absolutely a pain to find now a days. It seemed like the bourbon junkies on youtube talked about it and then it started flying off the shelves. I actually found the one I have collecting dust in the liquor store behind a bunch of other stuff!

A6 v A5

A6 - nose - brown sugar, banana taffy, proof
palette - oak, brown sugar, char, vicsous, brown sugar sweetness on finish

A5 - nose - honey, fruit, nutmeg
palette - berry, chocolate, good mouth feel.

winner - A6

both were great, but A5 had a lack of flavor on finish and A6 had a sweet brown sugar on the finish.

B1 v B2

B1 - nose - red fruit, pepper, oak
palette - cinnamon, brown sugar, nice finish

B2 - nose - red fruit, tabocco, proof
Palete - leather, tabocco, dark choclate, long finish

winner - B2

These wre great pours, B2 had a depth to the finish that B1 did not

bracket9.jpeg

Didn’t realize there wasn’t an opened one of these in the cabinet but I quickly corrected that oversight :coolView attachment 1281337This is easily the best cask strength bottle I can easily find anytime I need one. Love these!

Didn’t realize there wasn’t an opened one of these in the cabinet but I quickly corrected that oversight :coolView attachment 1281337This is easily the best cask strength bottle I can easily find anytime I need one. Love these!
Remember the days this bottle was actually available in Atlanta! Oh 2023…such a good year! :)

B6 v B5

B6 nose - caramel, fruit, proof
palette - baking spice, brown sugar, vanilla, long finish

B5 - nose = molasses, fruit
palette - fruit, light crisp finish

winner - B6

both had a really good taste on the front, but on the finish B5 really fell off compared to a nice vanilla on B6. I think a lot of this had to do with proof, both a really nice pours in their own right

bracket10.jpeg

C8 v C7

C8 -nose -caramel, red fruit, proof
palette - baking spice, brown sugar, cherry, mint

C7 - nose - char, dark chocolate, berry
palette - oak, dill, char. floral

winner - C8

C8 had a nice flavorful finish where as C7 had a bit of biterness

C3 v C5

C3 - nose - brown sugar, oak, proof
palette - brown sugar, pepper, oak, long finish

C5 - nose - caramel, cherry, proof
palette - dark chocolate, dark cherry, cinnamon, hazelnut, long finish, great mouth feel.

winner - C5

C5 is fantastic, as good as all the pours were it really stood out.

bracket11.jpeg

Anyone tap into their ECBP A124 yet? Trying to determine if its worth picking up a backup bottle (most of the reviews I've seen lean towards no).

IMG_4285.jpeg

After a lot of searching I finally was able to get this one on the shelf with a HUGE thanks to @Pinkdan for this one. This is a special bottle for me, my dad was a huge wild turkey fan (as you can see from the picture) and he passed almost 2 years ago now. Been wanting to get this “unforgotten” as a tribute to him for a while now, can’t wait to give it a try for dad later today or this weekend.

View attachment 1284272

After a lot of searching I finally was able to get this one on the shelf with a HUGE thanks to @Pinkdan for this one. This is a special bottle for me, my dad was a huge wild turkey fan (as you can see from the picture) and he passed almost 2 years ago now. Been wanting to get this “unforgotten” as a tribute to him for a while now, can’t wait to give it a try for dad later today or this weekend.
I love stories like this! I hope that Unforgotten is everything and then some in exceeding your expectations…it’s fantastic juice and definitely worthy of that special occasion pour!

I see you have an old Wild Turkey porcelain decanter on your shelf just like I do! Mine was my grandfather’s who just so happened to only drink WT. My first ever pour of bourbon was old faithful 101 and it was with grandpa just before he passed.
IMG_2440.jpeg

I’m very excited to have a small dram, it’ll definitely be an every once a while pour maybe several times a year. I love that decanter mine was dads that I couldn’t even tell you how old it is I just remember he always had it on his bar and now I happily display it on mine.
IMG_4272.jpeg

I’m very excited to have a small dram, it’ll definitely be an every once a while pour maybe several times a year. I love that decanter mine was dads that I couldn’t even tell you how old it is I just remember he always had it on his bar and now I happily display it on mine.
View attachment 1284299
Your decanter is from 1977 and it was number 7 in a series that I believe started in 1971 and ran up to 1979. Mine is from 76 and I think they made a couple of different bicentennial editions that year. Very cool history sitting on your shelf and a great conversation piece!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom