Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (35 Viewers)

I'll send an assortment of unique pours. You can send anything you you'd give to a friend that you were trying to turn on to scotch. I keep trying the classic Islays (Laphroig, Lagavulan, Ardbeg...)but can't get past the iodine notes.
Try something not from the Kidalton three. Port Charlotte, Caol Ila, and definitely Kilchoman have significantly different profiles. They’re absolutely Islay but far less or, in some cases, none of that iodine/band aid note.

20230114_202607.jpg

Cheers!

Blind sample flight courtesy of @Forty4 ,
Let's do this!

View attachment 1059178
A
Crazy sweet nose, very full and robust. Dark brown sugar & honey at first, follows with lots of oak background. OLD oak, almost musty. Very dark and brooding on the palette, very heavy on the oak and not as sweet as the nose. Very proofy but in an great way, flavorful. Spicy oak finish lasts absolutely forever.

B
I get rye on the nose with some red fruit. Bright oak, notes of cherry and vanilla on the palate. Very familiar. Nice mouthfeel, almost chewy.

C
Beautiful full nose. Vanilla, barrel char, dark red fruit. Defintitly a barrel proof. Dries on the finish. This is my jam, delicious. Could be an ECBL, but not one I've had lately....

For me, these would go:
C > A >>> B

All very good!

Reveal:
A: Taconic double barrel maple, store pick
B: Russell's Reserve store pick
C: Larceny BP A120

I'm surprised at the Larceny, I honestly thought that would be an EC. Crazy tasty, much better than the bottle I picked up this year (A122 I think).

How did you like it? I am also working on killing a B522. I like it, but I enjoyed my last bottle better....it was a 21 something or other...forgot lol. Anyway, my next ECBP crack is a C922. My current inventory:

2x B520
2x C920
3x C922

2x 11year Private Barrel
2x 10year Private Barrel
1x 8year Private Barrel

How did you like it? I am also working on killing a B522. I like it, but I enjoyed my last bottle better....it was a 21 something or other...forgot lol. Anyway, my next ECBP crack is a C922. My current inventory:

2x B520
2x C920
3x C922

2x 11year Private Barrel
2x 10year Private Barrel
1x 8year Private Barrel
I thought it was a really solid offering. It started off kinda meh for me but it really opened up beautifully over about 4 months. I still think C922 is this year’s best batch, but I wouldn’t turn down any ECBP bottle/pour.

I only have 4 in my current inventory. I have a set of 2022’s batches and a C921 and I’m damn glad to have any of them :cool

Do it!! I want to run the 15 against the 16 again too. I didn’t get the 14 but I still have some around me, might have to pick one up for the trio

I am out of 14 but I should still have it in town. I remember LOVING the 14, pure plain bubble gum sugar bomb

edit: 4 left in town if the site is accurate, I'm snagging one

Last edited:
I still got a fuck load of C922 here....getting MOAR before it's gone. I hope A123 slaps? Fucks? Does Blumpkins? Or whatever the cool lingo is these days. Pimps?
I'm going to try to grab at least one more C922. Portland market gets vacuumed up pretty quick usually, but there has been some C batch lingering. It was my favorite of the 22 batches.

I still got a fuck load of C922 here....getting MOAR before it's gone. I hope A123 slaps? Fucks? Does Blumpkins? Or whatever the cool lingo is these days. Pimps? Or this thing rusty trombones?
Middle aged school teacher here. Slaps is the word you need. Everything else you mention is a generation of students too old, and none of the terms work anyway even in 2008 for what you are trying to say lol.

So we indeed hope that a bottle of bourbon slaps, and that it is not mid. A sus bottle of bourbon is bad too.

Middle aged school teacher here. Slaps is the word you need. Everything else you mention is a generation of students too old, and none of the terms work anyway even in 2008 for what you are trying to say lol.

So we indeed hope that a bottle of bourbon slaps, and that it is not mid. A sus bottle of bourbon is bad too.

You talk glish dawg? That's shits on fleek. No cap, I'm gonna yeet on outta here

I don't actually understand what the fuck is happening!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom