Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (42 Viewers)

The selection at 5 Oregon stores wasn’t great, but the prices were. Two ECBPs and two JDBPs. :)

B58C5B62-672C-4C15-9294-E881F1280199.jpeg

No such thing. Rules of bourbon state it needs to be distilled in 'merica. So it's bourbon finished in something Welsh or its not bourbon. Rules are rules.
True. I can't make tequila in Australia, or Gruyere in Kentucky, or champagne in Mexico, or Bourbon in Wales. I mean, I can, but I have to call it something else.

Hot damn. This was EASY to find a bit ago. Now, no such luck

20220405_182453.jpg

Also, I hear I may be on a list to obtain an EHT barrel strength....fingers crossed like Bastian talking about unicorns to his pops....

1649209430686.png

Last edited:
anyone tried this brothers bond?
9d0e9edf5f7e40de90627070b0c869d1.jpg

nothing special for a experienced whiskey drinker, but it is really light with a soft but pleasant spice on the finish. If you have a non whiskey drinker and you are trying to introduce them to whiskey its a nice choice. it is a 4 grain but has a decent amount of rye so the citrus and spice come through but the wheat smooths it out. i would like to see this mash bill in a higher proof and aged about 7 years.

anyone tried this brothers bond?
9d0e9edf5f7e40de90627070b0c869d1.jpg

nothing special for a experienced whiskey drinker, but it is really light with a soft but pleasant spice on the finish. If you have a non whiskey drinker and you are trying to introduce them to whiskey its a nice choice. it is a 4 grain but has a decent amount of rye so the citrus and spice come through but the wheat smooths it out. i would like to see this mash bill in a higher proof and aged about 7 years.

I have one but I haven’t opened it. I got it with a Lone Whisker which I also haven’t opened. I have too many bottles in line

I have commitment issues with opening bottles. Lately I’ve opened more bottles that I didn’t like than liked and it takes me forever to get through them. I’m waiting for the alpha shootout to bring a bunch of bottles to open with others. The ones I like I’ll put back in my car. Lol. Jk

No such thing. Rules of bourbon state it needs to be distilled in 'merica. So it's bourbon finished in something Welsh or its not bourbon. Rules are rules.

I think that it no longer applies to the uk, previously an EU trade agreement, but after the shitshow that was brexit we don’t have to here now.

I don’t agree with that at all, and it’s probably quite far down the list of reasons that Brexit is the biggest crock of sh!t, but still.

I think that it no longer applies to the uk, previously an EU trade agreement, but after the shitshow that was brexit we don’t have to here now.

I don’t agree with that at all, and it’s probably quite far down the list of reasons that Brexit is the biggest crock of sh!t, but still.
All that I know is that it tastes fantastic for the price, haha!

Reactions: hod
Friday night’s dram of choice, a favourite - the ridiculously drinkable Aberfeldy 12 yo.

3432BA61-37B5-4803-A641-E7FF8D6FBCB9.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom