Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (28 Viewers)

Starting with some Redwood Empire goodness
DF63F125-4E13-44B9-8B17-423527D24C2D.jpeg

I loved my sample of KC18. I have a KC15 and I have never enjoyed any of my pours of it. I kinda like the KC12. Such an odd mix of flavors and quality.
Exactly this. The 12 is very good, especially if you can get it at or near MSRP. The 15 is ok. Not worth the price. The 18 is great. But it is pricey.

Off on a cruise in the Caribbean. The pub on this ship offers Glenmorangie 18, Highland Park 12, Macallan Quest, and Glenlivet Master Distiller Reserve (plus a few ordinary, less-interesting bottles).

I was counting on the HP to provide a standard for this evening, but they were out of it. :(

I've never heard of that Glenlivet. Made me wonder if it's a bottling specifically for duty-free shops. Does anyone know it?

The Glenmorangie was big and potent, demanding a few drops of water.

The Macallan Quest, which I've also never encountered before, was extremely deep and rich, a clear winner in this tasting. Anyone know of that one?
-----

With shipboard Interent actually working for a few minutes, found the Macallan Quest series, four bottlings of which the Quest is the lowest level bottling.

Last edited:
Mystery sample from @kmccormick100 . I warned him I really bad at this and I’m still a little congested so I can’t smell or taste that great but here goes

Nose: hot. Lots of ethanol. Maybe I’ll let it breathe for 10 mins. (10 mins later)
Okay it just needed to air out some. Still ethanol-y but I get some stone fruits cherries? Peach? And some apples . I don’t get a lot of oak but that could be my congestion.

Palate: nice mouthfeel. Slightly viscous and not annoyingly thin. Coats mouth well and Drinks like a 120 proof. Taste like oak, and something I can’t put my finger on

Finish: Medium finish. Very mild spice and pepper. Not much taste on the finish

Guess(es): when I opened the sample I smelled ecbp but after nosing and tasting it doesn’t taste like any EC I’ve tried. It doesn’t taste like anything I’ve really tried and I haven’t tried that much so that’s a wide range.

If I’m going to take a shot in the dark I’m going to say OF SiB. I’ve never tried it but based on what others said that’s what i imagine OF tasting like

Overall I think it’s pretty good. 7.5 out of 10. I would pay $110 for it.

68336AA3-B9FC-4449-B931-466FFED64A9F.jpeg

Mystery sample from @kmccormick100 . I warned him I really bad at this and I’m still a little congested so I can’t smell or taste that great but here goes

Nose: hot. Lots of ethanol. Maybe I’ll let it breathe for 10 mins. (10 mins later)
Okay it just needed to air out some. Still ethanol-y but I get some stone fruits cherries? Peach? And some apples . I don’t get a lot of oak but that could be my congestion.

Palate: nice mouthfeel. Slightly viscous and not annoyingly thin. Coats mouth well and Drinks like a 120 proof. Taste like oak, and something I can’t put my finger on

Finish: Medium finish. Very mild spice and pepper. Not much taste on the finish

Guess(es): when I opened the sample I smelled ecbp but after nosing and tasting it doesn’t taste like any EC I’ve tried. It doesn’t taste like anything I’ve really tried and I haven’t tried that much so that’s a wide range.

If I’m going to take a shot in the dark I’m going to say OF SiB. I’ve never tried it but based on what others said that’s what i imagine OF tasting like

Overall I think it’s pretty good. 7.5 out of 10. I would pay $110 for it.

View attachment 1104796
It was a Four Roses pick, I’ll send a pic over in a bit

Same.

View attachment 1104830

That’s 14 Oz of THH in three nights. Four pours tonight. About 56% of a bottle. At $20/pour, which is damn good. :cool I’m channeling @Highli99. Lol
$140 for over half a bottle of Handy is definitely winning! I’ve never seen 1 bottle of that ever and a random bar had 2??? That’s nuts!

$140 for over half a bottle of Handy is definitely winning! I’ve never seen 1 bottle of that ever and a random bar had 2??? That’s nuts!
Agreed. I paid $200 for a bottle a couple years ago and I’m still working on it. They’re basically charging $250/bottle which is well below market price.

The second bottle was a total surprise. The bartender was as surprised as I was. I tried hard to buy it outright for $250 (the per pour price), and they even asked the manager, but they weren’t comfortable doing it because liquor laws in Texas are pretty stringent. No worries…I just had to find another way to take it with me. Lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom